Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was feeling generally positive about this. As many have said, we've got very little to lose, and any upgrade on Pink/CCJ has to be a good thing, while our new draftee (hopefully) takes time to develop.

Then I had a quick look at Jack Darling's draft year to double check when he was selected. Seeing names like Ben Jacobs, Shaun Atley and Kieran Harper didn't make me feel any better

Tbf his body has held up better than all of them, but I'm not really sure how to feel about it either. Hopefully his experience helps the forward structure

I for one welcome Jack Darling to North Melbourne if only for the fact that he might actually be the most divisive player on our list and that might spell some respite for Will Phillips.
The hate reminds me of picking up Teakle in the msd.
It’s like people are thinking we’re on trading sheezle for him.

The same Waite naysayers and campaigners are recycling their whining complaints.

Welcome aboard Jack, the team will be better for having a Jack back in it.
but but but we might be able to get the next best ready to go immediately superstar at pick 58

We gave Biggie 2 years!! Toby Pink has 2.

Hate on the Darling move is insane, by all reports he is prob getting $400k a year for 2 years from us and a trigger for a 3rd.

I imagine he will be getting $400k next year from West Coast.

Will cost us a pick we probably won’t use.

What happens if Larkey gets injured this year? We have such little KPF backup as it is we have Toby Pink and Teakle in our forward line.

Worst case we bring in a premiership player with 300 games experience who can mentor our KPF kids and help with onfield coaching.

Completely agree, I've gone from being underwhelmed to slowly coming around to it. But like I posted earlier in this thread I'm going to keep an open mind, no point cracking the shits over what we do with our last pick for a player that will be on our list for 2 years tops.

Last edited:

Hate on the Darling move is insane, by all reports he is prob getting $400k a year for 2 years from us and a trigger for a 3rd.

What happens if Larkey gets injured this year? We have such little KPF backup as it is we have Toby Pink and Teakle in our forward line.

Worst case we bring in a premiership player with 300 games experience who can mentor our KPF kids and help with onfield coaching.

I suspect the angst is less with Darling and more the fact that we're reduced to dumpster diving for KPPs (again) because or poor list management.

We're almost certainly in a race of one for him.

So the solution to stupidity...is more stupidity??? I like it! lol

They are different people. It isn't relevant.
It keeps getting cited like some kind of precedent.

I don't care too much either way about the Darling trade but Waite had lots of bounce in his game still in 2014, H&A win over us as evidence.

His issues were consistency and staying on the park. Darling by all reports is trudging around like a shadow of his former self.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It keeps getting cited like some kind of precedent.

I don't care too much either way about the Darling trade but Waite had lots of bounce in his game still in 2014, H&A win over us as evidence.

His issues were consistency and staying on the park. Darling by all reports is trudging around like a shadow of his former self.
I wouldn't say that by watching our games vs West Coast this season, especially one in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back