Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh the deal might be #2 for Jack Darling

and Harley Reid

I suspect the angst is less with Darling and more the fact that we're reduced to dumpster diving for KPPs (again) because or poor list management.

We're almost certainly in a race of one for him.
And if history tells us anything, it's not outside the realms of possibility that we'll enter into a bidding war with ourselves in order to push his price up.

And if history tells us anything, it's not outside the realms of possibility that we'll enter into a bidding war with ourselves in order to push his price up.
We could repeat the CCJ scenario and find other deals to help the other party. Always need good trading relationships!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not all that excited but I've accepted it. He is at least an AFL footballer vs a state league battler.
What Rick says does make a fair bit of sense about him buying time for young kpf's to add size and learn the craft.
But If we don't draft at least one kpf this year then I don't know wtf we're doing.
I'd guess that Clarko thinks Pink and Teakle don't bring the ball to ground enough and he's probably right.
If I'm Larkey I'd probably feel more genuine support with Darling next to me than Pink or Teakle.
I would've like a younger kpf but clearly none wanting to join us at this point until we're close to finals.

Scotty, what are the alternatives for a experienced KPF between now and next year?

I will suggest a couple, Gollant, Tabener.
The alternative is we draft a couple of young key forwards and while they develop we work out a game plan and forward structure around the players we have. Hawthorn managed to construct a functional forwardline with Chol and Dear as their talls. Richmond won a flag with just Riewoldt. Surely we come up with do something with Larkey and Comben.

Adding yet another dodgy short-term tall isn't the answer. Darling will work no better than Teakle, Pink, Biggie, Sellers, or CCJ. We should be shedding these list cloggers not adding to them. When Clarko came to the club, he talked about finding players capable of playing in our next premiership team. Instead, we have been reduced to raiding skips for any old crap.

The alternative is we draft a couple of young key forwards and while they develop we work out a game plan and forward structure around the players we have. Hawthorn managed to construct a functional forwardline with Chol and Dear as their talls. Richmond won a flag with just Riewoldt. Surely we come up with do something with Larkey and Comben.

Adding yet another dodgy short-term tall isn't the answer. Darling will work no better than Teakle, Pink, Biggie, Sellers, or CCJ. We should be shedding these list cloggers not adding to them. When Clarko came to the club, he talked about finding players capable of playing in our next premiership team. Instead, we have been reduced to raiding skips for any old crap.
Yep fair enough, hard to argue with that position.

This club is exhausting, I have been a Roos supporter for 40 years and I have never been as disenchanted on the club as I am today.

We just need a break some fxxxxxing luck.

This deal just looks wrong. Plenty of folk reckon he is done. scottywiper has raised red flags (rarely wrong) and no other club seems to be chasing him. Maybe this will be the deal that surprises us all. Let's hope so.

This deal just looks wrong. Plenty of folk reckon he is done. scottywiper has raised red flags (rarely wrong) and no other club seems to be chasing him. Maybe this will be the deal that surprises us all. Let's hope so.
This is almost certainly a stinker. Eagles are absolutely delighted to be moving him on.

💯

I would rather take a punt and recruit Richards and Owies and put them all at the feet of Larkey & Chom/Teakle along with Jy, RHJ and Curtis while our 2024 ND KPP develop in the VFL.

Instead of going short and sharp we’re going big and plodding..

Awesome..

If Jack can kick 15 to 20 goals and help our forward line function better and become more potent then good.
If 15-20 goals is the pass mark then **** me… we’re on track for another 3 wins next season. 😬

How low are we setting the bar before he even starts so this move can be claimed a success? 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back