Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, we're drowning in resumes sent in from KF's busting to come here, and KF's other teams are prepared to trade.

And yes, we should've taken this bloke, could've taken that bloke....but we didn't...that's a bit shit, but it's history.

It's a short term upgrade on what we have.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
yep and buys us time to get a Cadman type in 12 months when we look more attractive to high end talent

Simmo very diplomatically saying he's cooked. Terrific
Not even the most ardent of the Darling to North crew - could come away from Simpson's responses with any positivity.

He'd make a terrible referee.

Speaking of terrible, paying him 800K as a 33 yo was a bad decision. Not sure why we want to clean up their mess. We've got a few of our own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a believer that you don't just take someone for the sake of taking someone.

If the RIGHT players aren't willing to come then you keep working with what you have.
Sorry but that's just not how the world works.

We won 3 games of football this year. There is not a good key forward out there right now, or in the next century, who is licking their lips at the prospect of taking Toby Pink's role at a club that wins 3 games a season.

If you're not in a process on continuous improvement, making incremental upgrades over time, you will never build success.

If you keep things the way they are maybe you get lucky and win 5 games next season off the back of LDU and Sheez carrying the team. You're still just as attractive as a pile of dog shit.

If we can make some small improvements and snag 7-8 wins next year suddenly it looks like we're building and we aren't the career death sentence we currently seem.

I am confident if Darling can kick his 20 goals, and we snag Parker, that will drive our improvement to that 7-8 win mark.
We don't win 7-8 games next year with Pink playing as a key forward.

7ed788dbe707848e52f2f21c396f4ffd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry but that's just not how the world works.

We won 3 games of football this year. There is not a good key forward out there right now, or in the next century, who is licking their lips at the prospect of taking Toby Pink's role at a club that wins 3 games a season.

If you're not in a process on continuous improvement, making incremental upgrades over time, you will never build success.

If you keep things the way they are maybe you get lucky and win 5 games next season off the back of LDU and Sheez carrying the team. You're still just as attractive as a pile of dog shit.

If we can make some small improvements and snag 7-8 wins next year suddenly it looks like we're building and we aren't the career death sentence we currently seem.

I am confident if Darling can kick his 20 goals, and we snag Parker, that will drive our improvement to that 7-8 win mark.
We don't win 7-8 games next year with Pink playing as a key forward.

Sorry, but I don't believe Darling improves us at all. I'm not suggesting Pink is the answer either.

Most of the top teams are moving away from having 3 talls in the forward line. Larkey, Teakle and Zurhaar is no worse than having Darling in that mix. In fact I would much rather play Teakle and Zurhaar ahead of Darling.

I was feeling generally positive about this. As many have said, we've got very little to lose, and any upgrade on Pink/CCJ has to be a good thing, while our new draftee (hopefully) takes time to develop.

Then I had a quick look at Jack Darling's draft year to double check when he was selected. Seeing names like Ben Jacobs, Shaun Atley and Kieran Harper didn't make me feel any better

I for one welcome Jack Darling to North Melbourne if only for the fact that he might actually be the most divisive player on our list and that might mean some respite for Will Phillips.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back