Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but they were all stars of the comp on huge coin, no comparison to Owies and Richards who are probably on the minimum wage.

Throw an extra $100k each on top of Ports/whoever offer and watch them climb over their respective Agents to grab a pen to sign on.

We could save a few hundred thousand on Mr Darlings retirement fund and in turn have a more dynamic forward line for once.. probably since boomer and Lindsay run amok at Etihad Stadium..

I don't think cap space is an issue for us, i think the main reason we gave Sheezle such a lucrative long-term extension was to find ways to reach the TPP in the short-term.

The biggest issue we have had imo has been the lack of direction and Clarkson has burned 2 years of his 5 year deal and we have treaded water to date. If Owies is given the option of Port or us with a bit more money he is most likely going to pick Port as they are some small chance to win a flag, we are no certainty to break out of the bottom four after so many years.

Hawks have more appeal than us because they look like they are on the right track, I am not convinced they have the talent to go all the way and may peak in the Brad Scott zone, but they are winning games and playing finals which seems a long way away for us.

I don't even know if we have shown any interest in Owies, every year people list players our club hasn't seemed interested in chasing.

Regardless, Darling isn't a hindrance to chasing other players imo, unless we are looking for someone else with the same garbage pick we are going to use for Darling.

Let me tell you something Stifler, this is exactly what we need to do. Make it happen Redfoo.
Stifler?.. pffft…

He never bagged Nadia, ****in amateur..

If 15-20 goals is the pass mark then **** me… we’re on track for another 3 wins next season. 😬

How low are we setting the bar before he even starts so this move can be claimed a success? 😂
He is there as a second or third key forward and at his age thats what i would expect. He will be an addition to our potent forward line lol

He couldn’t have been more underwhelming if he tried! Jesus!

Would have thought if he had any leadership skills, we would have seen a glimpse of it then in his response, but unfortunately for us, zilch!

You can’t begrudge him wanting to extend his career (hopefully not at our expense) but perhaps at least mention you have a desire to help the young kids etc.

I get it was a doorstop interview but gee wiz…..

Anyway, let’s see hey…. 🤞 😬

So I guess this means that we will never learn. That footage at the airport gave off such good vibes too.

Oh No Omg GIF by CBC

He couldn’t have been more underwhelming if he tried! Jesus!

Would have thought if he had any leadership skills, we would have seen a glimpse of it then in his response, but unfortunately for us, zilch!

You can’t begrudge him wanting to extend his career (hopefully not at our expense) but perhaps at least mention you have a desire to help the young kids etc.

I get it was a doorstop interview but gee wiz…..

Anyway, let’s see hey…. 🤞 😬
LOL! of course that is how he was always going to answer…
He is still contracted to WC & the trade season hasn’t even started.

Or is it embarassment? Im not feeling the enthusiasm...
I reckon he'll be alot more open and honest in official interviews. I wouldn't look too much into doorstop interviews on his way to collect baggage at the airport.

IIRC, Clarko was the same when he had to give interviews at the airport when he was deciding on his future.

LOL! of course that is how he was always going to answer…
He is still contracted to WC & the trade season hasn’t even started.
I do get that! But he’s not hiding the fact that he’s met with North etc so why not say North appeals to him to help shape a young team with his experience and extend his football career. He can say both if he had a brain and some leadership qualities!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jack-darling-250-afl-games.1319631/post-85151830

Hmmmmm cooked?

What are we talking here……. Roast? BBQ’d?…….. poached?

Nah doesn’t looked cooked to me. Infact maybe a change of scenery might elevate his game a little.

Stats show darling elevated the game of the no 1 KPF. Kennedy went at around 100% better goal per game with darling in the side.

Tackles with intent?
Leads at the ball carrier?
Makes other forwards better?

That’s a lot of cooking.

I get we are giving up pick 2 but I think………. Wait what? It’s likely to be pick 60?????? That can’t be right. I’ve read it would be embarrassing for him to come to north. I imagine it would be difficult to play for a team that you’ve kicked more goals than the entire list combined.

Talk about embarrassing.

Last edited:
The club taking Darling over Membrey be a financial based decision? It has to be. The club would have Membrey but duckling costs the club 500k for two years? Membrey cost 1 million ish for 2 years? Has to be the logic behind it? We really are a broke poor club. Cost of living getting North too.

The club taking Darling over Membrey be a financial based decision? It has to be. The club would have Membrey but duckling costs the club 500k for two years? Membrey cost 1 million ish for 2 years? Has to be the logic behind it? We really are a broke poor club. Cost of living getting North too.
You do realise that the AFL pays every single clubs salary cap. You need to take a break from here for your own mental health.

Seriously

You sound a bit out of control and irrational

You do realise that the AFL pays every single clubs salary cap. You need to take a break from here for your own mental health.

Seriously

You sound a bit out of control and irrational

No they don’t, we get revenue from the AFL.

It’s up to AFL clubs to spend it how and in what years they want. The revenue covers a lot of other things also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back