Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember the 2018 draft when we had the better draft hand and made no effort to get the very gettable Brisbane draft pick that would have allowed us to pick the one of the 3 SA guns that would fall through to that pick.

We could have ultimately ended up with all of Rozee, Rankine and Luko from that draft. It was obviously impossible to see that back then, but it stings a fair bit now. Especially when you take into account that we held onto those prized draft picks to ultimately select superstars like Chayce Jones, Ned McHenry and Will Hamill.

It’s a shame we have become so shit at, well everything.

This off season needs to be a big win or the year we rebuild our list management department.

Last edited:

I remember the 2018 draft when we had the better draft hand and made no effort to get the very gettable Brisbane draft pick that would have allowed us to pick the one of the 3 SA guns that would through to that pick.

We could have ultimately ended up with all of Rozee, Rankine and Luko from that draft. It was obviously impossible to see that back then, but it stings a fair bit now. Especially when you take into account that we held onto those prized draft picks to ultimately select superstars like Chayce Jones, Ned McHenry and Will Hamill.

This off season needs to be a big win or the year we rebuild our list management department.
No we couldn't. how could we have picks 2,3,5 that is just bullshit

It's that even a serious question? Keane is not an afl footballer. Crouch >> berry.

Exactly my point mate.

I think Keane will be an average KPD, Hartigan kind of level, and will have a decent career - but I don't think we needed him.

Berry - could go either way.

As another poster mentioned, did Luko cooling on us have anything to do with recontracting them both?

I remember the 2018 draft when we had the better draft hand and made no effort to get the very gettable Brisbane draft pick that would have allowed us to pick the one of the 3 SA guns that would through to that pick.

It was pretty obvious at the time to a lot of us on here that Port completely outmaneuvered us that year - you could see it coming, and we did nothing to counter it.

It was pretty obvious at the time to a lot of us on here that Port completely outmaneuvered us that year - you could see it coming, and we did nothing to counter it.
I believe we consciously chose not to. 2018 was the turning point for us. We have been a garbage football club ever since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly my point mate.

I think Keane will be an average KPD, Hartigan kind of level, and will have a decent career - but I don't think we needed him.

As another poster mentioned, did Luko cooling on us have anything to do with recontracting them both?
Cannot agree in any way with your Hartigan/Keane opinion.

Keane after only 20 games with us is already superior to Hartigan, only thing they have in common is brain farts...compare that with Hartigan who was still doing that after 100 games.

Exactly my point mate.

Disagree on Keane, Collingwood weren't chasing him for nothing. He won't be a star but he'll carve out a good career

We have an injury prone Butts, an average Borlase (who we really didn't need) and Murray as key defenders. Worrell can play there at a pinch but it's not what we want him to do.

Don't think keeping any of them affected the Luko decision. How we likely approached him was probably the deciding factor

I believe we consciously chose not to. 2018 was the turning point for us. We have been a garbage football club ever since.
Hamish and co backed themselves in ... Turned to sh1t ... We actually chose the worst 2 players possible in the top 40 ... You could have blindly randomly picked another player and it would have turned out better

Keane after only 20 games with us is already superior to Hartigan, only thing they have in common is brain farts...compare that with Hartigan who was still doing that after 100 games.
There is no evidence kaene is getting rid of the brain fades. Hartigan tried to stop it by simply only kicking to safe targets and somehow still stuffed up

Hamish and co backed themselves in ... Turned to sh1t ... We actually chose the worst 2 players possible in the top 40 ... You could have blindly randomly picked another player and it would have turned out better
Hamish wanted to trade up.

And we didn't chose the worst 2, that's just garbage

I rated Hartigan higher than most, I thought he was unfairly maligned at times.

I have a reasonable opinion on Keane, I just think he was the obvious choice to go out of Murray, Butts and Borlase (depth), and for us to get a reasonable return on him.

Let's see if he can eliminate the brainfarts from his game - I'm not convinced :)

Yeah but I don’t see any of our other keys like that. To me he’s the biggest worry back there.
Murray can be very much like that.

Keane takes too many risks for mu liking, needs to get that balance right.

His good is pretty good, his bad is equally as bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back