Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

That really wont be an issue and easy to deal with for Gold Coast

#7 + #15 and Richmond will take $600k x 2 years which gets them over the cap issue's

Or they could do a clean sweep
Luko + #7 +#15 +#20 for
Rioli ($600k x 2 years paid by Richmond) + #66 +#73

GC will no longer have a salary cap problem
Might as well shut down the Sun's if they agree to that.

Imagine the collingwood convo with GC

Collingwood:- 'Hi first round pick we would love you to come to Collingwood...oh and if that means we have to take lukosius on our list so be it'

GC:- ' ahhh yeah ahem, its not a bowes salary dum...... (beep beep beep)...Collingwood, are you still there?..hello?'

How does this sit??

GC
Give - Luko + 13
Get - Rioli + Melb F2

Richmond
Give - Rioli
Get - 7

Melbourne
Give - Petracca + F2
Get - Luko + Membrey + 13 + STK F1

St Kilda
Give - Membrey + 7 + F1
Get - Petracca
Great except Petracca doesn’t have any desire to go to St Kilda.

John Ralph also confirming he's on $1m per year for the final 2 years of his contract, goodness me.

But yeah, with Rioli, Noble and god knows who else you'll have to pay for in the next few years, the binfire sale at GC has turned into 'we love you, we want you to explore your options..... but ahhh we'd also love to keep you wink wink

They're shopping Rosas around as well?

Come on...
is this the same john raplph that think liam baker is going for pick 12 straight up?

How does this sit??

GC
Give - Luko + 13
Get - Rioli + Melb F2

Richmond
Give - Rioli
Get - 7

Melbourne
Give - Petracca + F2
Get - Luko + Membrey + 13 + STK F1

St Kilda
Give - Membrey + 7 + F1
Get - Petracca
I doubt it will happen but it sounds well balanced to me. Maybe it values Rioli a bit high, so Richmond are getting a bit much and GCS are losing out a bit.

Little confused at some of these comments. what makes people think that Luko is going to go to a Vic club? if he leaves the Suns he will be coming home to SA
I guess because some Vic clubs expressed interest. Maybe Luko would not enjoy constant attention in Adelaide.

By all reports he loves it on GC and enjoys anonymity.

Luko is a poster child for whipping player by some Suns supporters (for his perceived lack of contest, softness). I can't imagine the pressure he would be put under in Adelaide if he would struggle.

I guess because some Vic clubs expressed interest. Maybe Luko would not enjoy constant attention in Adelaide.

Luko is a poster child for whipping player by some Suns supporters (for his perceived lack of contest, softness). I can't imagine the pressure he would be put under in Adelaide if you would struggle.
Understand but he will be closer to his family and best mates back in SA.. where there's smoke there is fire.
i think he will leave the suns

I think he's gone too.
if he does go to the crows it will mean the crows will have the pick 2 and 3 from the 2018 AFL draft that the Crows botched!
that was the draft the crows used their pick 9 to get Chayse Jones and their pick 16 to get Mchenry! the draft where the crows could have got Zak Butter but went Jones... Not to mention we first called out Tarryn Thomas name first but North matched our bid lol seriously, its not Nicks that needs to be sacked its the recruiting team at the Adelaide footy club that needs to be sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lukosius is just about the least valuable player type in modern footy where there is no room for KP sized players who don’t compete. To be honest I’m having trouble placing him in either SA side. Crows just re-signed Walker, have Fogerty making a decent fist of FF and Thilthope is clearly the robust aerial target from now on. Port have georgiades, Marshall, Dixon, just re-signed Finlayson (I think). Not a key defender either and not gutsy enough to play intercept/3rd defender either. Both teams have some shortcomings and this guy doesn’t improve them at all. Maybe this is why the whispers out of Melbourne clubs have started?

if he does go to the crows it will mean the crows will have the pick 2 and 3 from the 2018 AFL draft that the Crows botched!
that was the draft the crows used their pick 9 to get Chayse Jones and their pick 16 to get Mchenry! the draft where the crows could have got Zak Butter but went Jones... Not to mention we first called out Tarryn Thomas name first but North matched our bid lol seriously, its not Nicks that needs to be sacked its the recruiting team at the Adelaide footy club that needs to be sacked.
It makes you wonder what could have been if Adelaide had of nailed those 2 early picks and Hately lived up to his potential at Adelaide. Add to that, Sholl and Butts looked like good players this year and Hamill is at the very least handy. That could have been 8 players on the list from the one draft, 5 from the first 16 picks.

While he’s most often been linked to a move home to South Australia with either Adelaide or Port Adelaide, Collingwood was considered a potential landing spot but the Magpies pulled out of the race after the Suns refused to offer salary cap relief in 2025 and 2026 as his current contract is back-ended.

“The Jack Lukosius situation is looking like it will have to be a come home deal from Gold Coast,” Rucci said on SEN SA The Run Home.

“Collingwood has backed away and my understanding is Collingwood's looked at the back-ended part of Lukosius’ contract and said to Gold Coast, ‘If we're talking, you've got to do some salary relief for us on this one’. That’s not going to happen.

“Not when you've got Adelaide and Port Adelaide who are going to help Gold Coast go through that saga as well. So, Collingwood is out of the way.”

As a result, Rucci thinks that Adelaide is in pole position to secure his services as he believes the Crows can absorb the rest of his back-ended deal which could be worth around $900,000 a season for 2025 and 2026.

“Yeah (it’s looking like Adelaide) because they probably can absorb his contract,” Rucci said.

“The nicest estimate I keep hearing is about $1.75 million for the next two years.

“But if you add three years onto it, it becomes a five-year contract and just smoothe it out and that's what will happen.”

Port should get a second rounder + steak knives for Solda where it may be enough for Gold Coast. & Luco's high salary.

Luko is a poster child for whipping player by some Suns supporters (for his perceived lack of contest, softness). I can't imagine the pressure he would be put under in Adelaide if he would struggle.
You guys said the same thing about Rankine and look at the player he has become when playing for the club he grew up supporting and in front of a big crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back