Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting take which you haven't backed up by any figures.
The AFL rich list released earlier this week lists the top 100 player salaries. Both Adelaide sides have 3 players represented, which is under the AFL average. None of last years recruits are coming on big money. By comparison, the Gold Coast have 6 players listed, and if the midpoint of estimates are accurate then the top 6 paid Gold Coast players are paid more combined than the top 6 players combined across Adelaide and Port.

Note this is the AFL media guesses based on chats with agents and clubs so its not exact, so we shouldn't read too much into it, but it has more substance than your unsubstantiated bum pluck.

The lowest band in the top 100 list is the $600-$700K bank and JHF or any of the Port recruits over the last 5 years are not listed there.

Spot on.

People keep making up wild allegations & assumptions that Port hasn't got the money... even people above commenting that Port would of had to pay overs for players coming in, like Zerk-Thatcher. I highly, HIGHLY, doubt that considering he wanted to move regardless and potentially had a better deal offered to stay by Essendon. Same as Sweety. Only player that would of collected more out of those 4 drafted would be Soldo, then Esava. But not a whole lot of coin. Be less than 500k. Possibly Esava has a back ended contract considering he signed for more years.

Port definitely have a lot of salary space. Boak wouldn't be on heaps, nor Dixon the last couple years.

Hornets I believe was back ended because it was believed to be 800k which was false and again, players like that although want good coin, also want to play for Port.

Interesting take which you haven't backed up by any figures.
The AFL rich list released earlier this week lists the top 100 player salaries. Both Adelaide sides have 3 players represented, which is under the AFL average. None of last years recruits are coming on big money. By comparison, the Gold Coast have 6 players listed, and if the midpoint of estimates are accurate then the top 6 paid Gold Coast players are paid more combined than the top 6 players combined across Adelaide and Port.

Note this is the AFL media guesses based on chats with agents and clubs so its not exact, so we shouldn't read too much into it, but it has more substance than your unsubstantiated bum pluck.

The lowest band in the top 100 list is the $600-$700K bank and JHF or any of the Port recruits over the last 5 years are not listed there.
That list was for this year earning which is why Mackay was 2nd with over a million since his contract was heavily front ended.

That list was for this year earning which is why Mackay was 2nd with over a million since his contract was heavily front ended.

Where did I say it wasnt for this year ?

Obvious Port needed to pay generously to get players to choose their club. That's just capitalism. Rioli was reported as $500k, JHF as $700k, Ratugolea was reported as $700k, etc.

Go google it.

That's before you factor in the bump in 2025 for their players just hitting their prime. AND the $800k for Perryman.

I'm sure they're managing it well, but it would be incredibly tight.

Weird - last I heard from inside the Suns was about a year ago and apparently he was happy, settled and living life on the coast.

What changed? Did he fall out of favour with Dimma?
Personally I think Dimma was a little shocked at the immaturity Luko showed when asked to play across the backline early in the year. Being told your free to look around is a kick in the butt and either Luko will grow up and become a team first player or he will move on, either way Dimma looks to of made the right call.

Obviously I am an outsider to Gold Coast and don’t know everything but I have watched this guy rip Freo to shreds in games. He is a great size with a ridiculously good kick. Why on earth are get trying to kick him out the door?

Said in a post earlier that he'll have a very good 3 or 4 games each year and convince yourself he's a gun in the making.

Has played 6 seasons of AFL yet people still use being the #2 draft pick as a selling point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massively relevant to the Suns need to trade out Luko.

Dusty wont be cheap.

That's why I've thought all along that Dusty wont be going anywhere.

He's rich enough, and used to being paid enough that he wont accept a low/middling salary, and he's declined enough that he's not worth more than that.

The only way he'd be worth the kind of money he'd require in order to play on would be if he did a lot of PR work, and that's not going to happen.

The only scenario where he'd move to another club would be if he's so desperate to play on (for whatever reason) he'd accept a low wage and Richmond pushed him into retirement. I'm not seeing either as being likely.

That's why I've thought all along that Dusty wont be going anywhere.

He's rich enough, and used to being paid enough that he wont accept a low/middling salary, and he's declined enough that he's not worth more than that.

The only way he'd be worth the kind of money he'd require in order to play on would be if he did a lot of PR work, and that's not going to happen.

The only scenario where he'd move to another club would be if he's so desperate to play on (for whatever reason) he'd accept a low wage and Richmond pushed him into retirement. I'm not seeing either as being likely.
In fairness for 1 or 2 seasons sitting in a forward pocket for you guys, he is going to be scary to match up on and IF it helps your club make finals for the first time, it would be well worth the exercise as that is club defining

And apparently we have a salary cap squeeze :dizzy:

\View attachment 2109328
You have no idea how his contract was structured. Clubs forward end and back end different players contracts to even out their total player payments. For instance, Rankine got 1.5 million in his first year at the Crows.
So, if you think Laird has a contract at 850k a year you are showing a total lack of logic.

It was only a tongue in cheek jab.

Plenty of Crows fans on here speculating about our salary cap for some reason.

Lets be honest, we'd all be far from actually knowing
As I posted earlier, neither Crows or Port have cap issues as were 2 of a handful of clubs not to build EBA increases into contracts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back