Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

We will have Houston cap to spend so we can afford that

Isn't one of the main reasons Houston is ok with leaving that he is on a low salary that is no longer commensurate with his output? Power were ok with losing him to get some draft collateral and replace with Perryman who doesn't require trade, just cash.

If so, Power would be worse off without Houston than with, cap-wise, as they seem to be offering Perryman big $$, way more than Houston would currently be on. This was 🍐 trying to get back into the draft, not trying to dump salary.

Honestly, I can see the Crom overpaying here as he's been a target for us for a long time. IF we are taking his whole salary then hopefully at worst it is Luko + 20 for our F1. I'd love to see Luko + 13 for Crom F1 + 25. I'd love Trevaglia to go with our top mid selection, if not Dodson.

How many times does it have to be repeated that a player can absolutely request a trade to a club still playing finals it happened twice this month at least.
It can be done.. i think most people are just wondering why it hasn't been done if that's the case?

I think it's obvious that he's waiting on the offer from Port.

I don't get why people just keep going back and forth in these trade threads lol just wait till he's made a decision

Both clubs seasons have been done for a month why no trade request?
An ITK poster who was confident Lukosius will be a Crow months ago mentioned a few weeks ago that only the Crows will prevent the trade happening so likely GCS only offer a straight swap of F1 and then a "prominent" 5AA caller mentioned this week that GCS has offered pick 20 as well and that Lukosius will be traded to the Crows. If true then we are absorbing the entire $2M for the next 2 years and can hold out for their pick 13.

Prominent 5AA caller lol
That's why I put them in double quotes, some say he has been spot on with his "calls" in the past so who knows but it does add up with what the ITK poster said which I initially thought was strange since I interpret that as GCS was asking us for picks despite them trying to get rid of $2M from their salary cap but it's the other way around.

That's why I put them in double quotes, some say he has been spot on with his "calls" in the past so who knows but it does add up with what the ITK poster said which I initially thought was strange since I interpret that as GCS was asking us for picks despite them trying to get rid of $2M from their salary cap but it's the other way around.

There is just too many "ITK" posters claiming opposite things here for me to take any of them seriously.

Part of me thinks it's just people who want to engage with other people on this forum

I think we just wait to see what Jack decides. Shouldn't be much longer

There is just too many "ITK" posters claiming opposite things here for me to take any of them seriously.

Part of me thinks it's just people who want to engage with other people on this forum

I think we just wait to see what Jack decides. Shouldn't be much longer
Your ITK posters only said Lukosius tour Port Power's facility, so did Dawson but he met with the Crows first as we put the work into him many months ago and Port Power's interest only came late when he tour the facility. I'm seeing the same situation with Lukosius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok but seriously that would be stupid on the camry crows behalf why blow that much coin for what will be a third tall for them??

if the Camry crows have that space in the cap if its not going to a gun mid theyre uppercutting themselves in the face

Yeah, I agree, this one just seems like it's more likely to blow up in Adelaide's face then be a smart signing.

After all, it's not like bringing in Luko is your set-and-forget third tall, because a roaming third tall defeats the purpose of having a third tall, which is to take a deep defender away from your main guys. It's either committing Adelaide to a four tall set-up, you've got a third tall who might look good on a stat sheet - but creates structural problems - or it forces Luko into either a wing or half back role. Very damned if you do, damned if you don't, and we're paying a lot of money/salary for the damned if you, damned if you don't scenario. The only thing that might save this deal from itself is if the form Thilthorpe showed in the back-end of the year, where he was ragdolling defenders, is legit. But still, it's a razor fine margin to make that work even with because of the loss of pressure from your forward line.

The only solace is the money is better spent then unspent, and saying "not going to a gun mid" doesn't matter if you've tried and failed to lure one.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back