Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably not "busting" but you heavily backend Lukosius doesn't help, that $2M salary cap will be useful for GCS given the contract Mac Andrew has recently signed and the quality Academy youngsters coming through.
Totally agree that Luko’s contract being back ended and his unwillingness to play anywhere but forward has put the Suns in a difficult situation where they likely feel with the talent on the list ( King, Walter, Mac, Read) that he’s surplus to needs and as such tradable.

Signing him to that deal was a mistake, not the first that Craig “would you like 7 with that” Cameron has made in his time as our list boss.

But being willing to move him on and having to dump him are 2 different things. None of us know the full story and only if or when the trade happens will we know. Luckily for the SA clubs Cameron is about as sharp as Albo

Totally agree that Luko’s contract being back ended and his unwillingness to play anywhere but forward has put the Suns in a difficult situation where they likely feel with the talent on the list ( King, Walter, Mac, Read) that he’s surplus to needs and as such tradable.

Signing him to that deal was a mistake, not the first that Craig “would you like 7 with that” Cameron has made in his time as our list boss.

But being willing to move him on and having to dump him are 2 different things. None of us know the full story and only if or when the trade happens will we know. Luckily for the SA clubs Cameron is about as sharp as Albo
But to have $2M off your salary cap is very attractive proposition, Lukosius is a better player than Bowes so giving back pick 12 for our F1 is a good deal since this could be a top 4 pick next year or at worst pick 10.

But to have $2M off your salary cap is very attractive proposition, Lukosius is a better player than Bowes so giving back pick 12 for our F1 is a good deal since this could be a top 4 pick next year or at worst pick 10.
Are you capable of an actual debate, I mean this proposal is ludicrous

Are you capable of an actual debate, I mean this proposal is ludicrous
$2M is 20% of Mac Andrew entire contract that you can use to front load, just saying you need to give something and unlike Bowes I actually rate Lukosius so pick 12 is very fair to "gamble" for a potential pick 4. But then you initially said it wasn't $2M and now you are reside to the fact that it is lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$2M is 20% of Mac Andrew entire contract that you can use to front load, just saying you need to give something and unlike Bowes I actually rate Lukosius so pick 12 is very fair to "gamble" for a potential pick 4. But then you initially said it wasn't $2M and now you are reside to the fact that it is lol.
How about the Suns have never made finals so give us pick 4 for Luko and our future first. Using your logic you should jump at it.

IF our F1 is on the table in any capacity, then I would really be trying for either:-

F1 for Luko + Pick 20; or
F1 + 25 for Luko + Pick 12

Not fussed about the contract and needing GC to pick any of it up, we have cap room so its a non issue

Either of these scenario's are preferred as we have retained our coach (no sign of sacking him) and our F1 is every chance to be a pick between 4-9 next year.

IF our F1 is on the table in any capacity, then I would really be trying for either:-

F1 for Luko + Pick 20; or
F1 + 25 for Luko + Pick 12

Not fussed about the contract and needing GC to pick any of it up, we have cap room so its a non issue

Either of these scenario's are preferred as we have retained our coach (no sign of sacking him) and our F1 is every chance to be a pick between 4-9 next year.
Interestingly, last year this time most Crows fans were convinced about playing finals in 2024.

You could finish bottom 4 but also top 4. If you play finals both your scenarios are not attractive.

Without too much effort put into it this is how I would negotiate if I am Suns list manager :)

1. Luko for F1.
2. 1 day to go, Luko + F3 for F1.
3. last offer, take it or leave it, 10 min to go Luko + F2 for F1 + F3.

You will be lucky to have Luko. He will be providing link up, great deliveries inside 50, 40+ goals.

Last edited:
Interestingly, last year this time most Crows fans were convinced about playing finals in 2024.

You could finish bottom 4 but also top 4. If you play finals both your scenarios are not attractive.
Show me the past and I will show you the future. 5 years into our rebuild and we have just finished bottom 4. We have a coach thats never taken us to finals and we are short on top draw talent in the midfield where games are won and lost. From our end, we have to view our F1 as a pick in that range as we have a proven track record of falling miles short under this coach and it would be negligent of us to assume we are trading an early to mid teens pick.

if we sack Nicks, get someone like Bartel in maybe, then year..I would expect a spike.

Show me the past and I will show you the future. 5 years into our rebuild and we have just finished bottom 4. We have a coach thats never taken us to finals and we are short on top draw talent in the midfield where games are won and lost. From our end, we have to view our F1 as a pick in that range as we have a proven track record of falling miles short under this coach and it would be negligent of us to assume we are trading an early to mid teens pick.

if we sack Nicks, get someone like Bartel in maybe, then year..I would expect a spike.
I updated my post with some bargaining, haha. You can always walk away from trade. But if Luko requests trade officially, then the deal is basically done. Let's see. We should know soon, I hope.

Personally, I would keep Luko one more year. Walter and Read are still just babies. Who knows Luko could even fit into Dimma's system eventually.

If you start slowly/badly you fire Nicks early and there will be a spike in performances. IMO, fire Nicks now. 5 years was enough. Suns waited too long with Dew. Even Dimma still can't make finals.

There are probably 15 teams with realistic chance to play finals in 2025. Crazy.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back