Speculation Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll request a trade this week according to Money Talks in The Age:
Martin, who is out of contract but not a free agent because he delisted himself from Gold Coast, has his exit meeting this week. Two sources familiar with the situation told this masthead he was poised to request a trade, with Fremantle among the West Australian’s suitors

Hoping someone remains injured? That's pretty low.
Not the point of the post. Trading a highly talented player to a team you're likely competing with for a spot in the finals is a big risk to take.

I've met Jack a few times over the years and always seemed a lovely guy, wish him nothing but the best for the future, as long as it's not to the detriment of Carltons fortunes

Have you got the whole article anywhere?
Why this triple All-Australian, premiership Bulldog wants out of ‘the Kennel’

Injury-prone Blue set to leave
Jack Martin has likely played his last game for Carlton, ending an injury-riddled five-year stint that peaked during the Blues’ barnstorming preliminary final run last season.
Martin, who is out of contract but not a free agent because he delisted himself from Gold Coast, has his exit meeting this week. Two sources familiar with the situation told this masthead he was poised to request a trade, with Fremantle among the West Australian’s suitors.
The 29-year-old forward played only three games this season because of persistent soft-tissue injuries, including most recently a hamstring setback in round 22.
Martin’s talent has never been in question, and he was a major contributor in the second half of last year, averaging 1.6 goals and 4.8 score involvements in the last 10 matches, but there was frustration from all parties at his inability to play regularly.
He has kicked 133 goals in 151 matches across his AFL career to date.

Not the point of the post. Trading a highly talented player to a team you're likely competing with for a spot in the finals is a big risk to take.

I've met Jack a few times over the years and always seemed a lovely guy, wish him nothing but the best for the future, as long as it's not to the detriment of Carltons fortunes
I'd assume your team doesn't really want him to be fair so don't see it as an issue wherever he goes. Like, this is going a deliated player moving but traded just to make it all easier right?

I'd assume your team doesn't really want him to be fair so don't see it as an issue wherever he goes. Like, this is going a deliated player moving but traded just to make it all easier right?
I think we'll be getting rid of a few players who haven't been able to get on the park consistently, Martin the only one we'd consider keeping due to his talent.

Personally would like to see them all moved on whether we get anything back for them or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully for Carltons sake he remains forever injured at Freo. Huge talent when he can actually stay fit, would come back to bite us if he's in an elimination final against us.
Considering Carlton didn't trade anything to bring in Martin, this is a really strange/bitter post.

Hopefully for Carltons sake he remains forever injured at Freo. Huge talent when he can actually stay fit, would come back to bite us if he's in an elimination final against us.
You claim not wish Martin harm but your words say something else. Put it down to the duality of being a campaigner.

Lions wouldn't be a bad shout if they think they can get his body right.
While I'm always happy to have more quality players, the Lions already have a logjam in the forward line. Daniher, Hipwood, Cameron, Lohmann, Rayner, Bailey, Morris and Ah Chee is a very strong group, and there's still Linc McCarthy to come back in. A fit Martin would be a better player than Morris at this point in time, but Morris has shown a lot in his first season and I doubt the club would want to set back his development. I think Brisbane would pass unless Martin is happy with playing VFL and isn't asking for much money. Freo is a far better place for him as they actually need small/medium forwards.

Martin shouldn't have burned his bridges at the Suns if his partner loves Queensland that much. Several players have gone back to their first club after asking for a trade away, but going to the PSD would have left a lot of bad blood and I can't see the Suns wanting him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back