Jack R = Hurley bitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurley actually did well on both ends of the ground - made an impact in setting up a goal right after being moved to CHF... and this is what Hird re-instated on the 5th Quarter, he is our swing-man. "We're lucky to have a player that can be damaging in either back, mid or forward roles".

Did well down back, but Pears is just as good a defender as Hurley is.

Hurley's drawing of about 3 players at every contest up forward really helped our other forwards have a genuine crack in putting us back into a winning position later on in the game.

When Hooker comes back, Hurley will no doubt have a lot more freedom to move about instead of waiting for a desperate change to do so.

As good as Hurley was down back, we desperately need him up forward. Our forward structure was shocking for 3/4 of that game. Play like that against Carlton/Collingwood and we will get smashed beyond belief.

I never realised he was an All Australian junior full back. Handy when you get one who can play full forward, CHF...wherever you want him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it when Hurley spoils, he takes this massive round arm that when his fist connects it kills the contest dead. Love it.

Haha me too, whenever I see him spoil I always think that he's quite happy to collect not only the ball but anyone in a 5 meter radius of his fist. Just has great aggression at the ball and geez his reading of the play today in the air was phenomenal. I loved that one passage of play where Riewoldt was up on the wing and went up to fly for a huge mark and Hurley just kind of got around on the side and intercepted before it could get to Riewoldt.

Also considering all the talk pre-draft was how slow he was, well he seems to be getting faster and faster. I think that's where you see the difference between 'football speed' and 'track running speed'. I'd also say that he's fitter than he's been previously.

Need a list of Hurley's Bitches

Tredrea
N Riewoldt
J Pod
J Riewoldt
Q Lynch
Welsh (Bulldogs a few years ago when Hurley kicked his 1st goal) smashed him that day.

about his spoiling, He also uses his body to make contact with opposition players instead of using his hands, the momentum of his body often pushes the forwards off balance.

"Michael [Hurley] did a fantastic job all night, forward and back. He created a couple of goals for us and stopped goals all night. As I've said a number of times, if Michael's playing in the backline he's terrific for us, if he was playing in the midfield he'd be terrific for us and as a forward he's terrific for us. I can't speak highly enough of Michael Hurley and the character of person he is."

- James Hird.

looked like he was on a mission....its asif when he gets set a big task he reslishes it.

they said earlier in the week hurley would play forward but i reckon he was set the job early..he looked to have that mindset.

once again going on from last week hurley is a backman - and ryder..although not in vintage form is a ruckman..i lost count of the times he hit a midfielder on the tit with a perfect hit out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack R = Hurley bitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back