Rumour Jack Watts to the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

donkeypunchd

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Its no secret that Watts has been on the outer this last month under Goodwin, my sources tell me that the club is seeking potential trades and that the Dockers are firming as one of the likeliest targets, with Watts slated to fill the tall forward role left vacant with Pavs departure. It's unclear what would be required to get the trade done but it's felt that a swap of Watts for Balic & Freos first pick might be enough to get this done.

Well Lyon make Zac Dawson look somewhat useful so you never know he could work miracles with Watt

No miracle needed Watts is already a good player, Needs to settle into a position and left alone to play footy, the media hysteria surrounding Watts from day dot has always been mental.

Stop it mate. Elite skills for his size, engine to run off a wing and super composed and it makes him appear lax at times and he may be.

Not number 1 pick material but still good.
If he came off the rookie list it might be a good career so far but eh.

3rd and Balic should get him if he wanted to leave, Freo's third would still be pretty early. The fact that he was a number one draft pick and Melbourne wouldn't want to be seen as wasting that pick, is the only reason why he'd be worth more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neale to come home? Crows need a mid. Neale will never see the finals again at Freo imo
Neale is 24, so you think Freo wont be playing finals again for 8+ years? Also, Neale is going absolutely no where

If he came off the rookie list it might be a good career so far but eh.

3rd and Balic should get him if he wanted to leave, Freo's third would still be pretty early. The fact that he was a number one draft pick and Melbourne wouldn't want to be seen as wasting that pick, is the only reason why he'd be worth more than that.

2nd and Balic would get it done. Although I want Balic - not sure melbourne needs him.. they'd ask for blakley or some shit

Didn't he want to have a think about wether or not he wanted to stay at Melbourne last year? Why would he leave this year after deciding yes and signing a new contract

Don't think it would be his decision to leave... i reckon they want him out.

Balic + First would be absolute overs

No miracle needed Watts is already a good player, Needs to settle into a position and left alone to play footy, the media hysteria surrounding Watts from day dot has always been mental.

Ive been banging on to anyone that would listen about getting Watts in the purple, i think he could be a really good fit and for all the reasons you have pointed out.
I do agree though that our first pick is overs and our third probably unders so we'll need some help getting it done.

It took until last year for people to leave Tom Scully alone too. Number one draft picks are so overrated - more so in Victoria.

I think Jack Watts is much maligned but he would crumble at the Dockers. I think he's a decent dude but the pressure would be big and I honestly can't see someone like him moving to a place like Perth. And why is he on the outer? From one month? Why would you seek a trade for just one month's poor footy? Especially when the whole team (plus coach) imploded?

Also lol at him for pick 5. Balic is worthless basically as a trade, but I'd be asking for Hogan (as a full forward) and Watts (as a half forward or winger) for pick 5. Then Balic and Weller.

I reckon he'd go okay at the Lions; I wonder if he'd slot in well at GWS or at the Swans? At Sydney he could essentially swap with Buddy – one goes forward, the other to the wing. Being in a city where the media doesn't care about any footballer but the huge profile ones, he could possibly do well. Can see him potentially liking the Sydney lifestyle too, whether that's in the inner west or in flogsville Bondi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Watts to the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back