Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He still attended the VFL games on the weekends to waterboy or whatnot......

He could of still been playing some form of football.

If he does play seniors this year, his preperation is going to be 2-3 months behind that of the other draftee's.

Yes, that was the plan.

This has already been discussed at length but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't read it and you're not trolling.

Because of Jack's age and the fact that he's still at school the club took the view that his year 12 results should be his priority this year. They're working with his family and school to get the right balance.

Why do you think that this is strange?

Are you telling me that if Watts was playing in the Under 18's, he wouldn't have played a game until Round 5 ? Or he wouldn't play any games for his school.

Watts may not be ready to play senior football for 2 or 3 years ( which is fine ) but is hard to understand it when he spends nearly a quarter of the year in the stands.

He still attended the VFL games on the weekends to waterboy or whatnot......

He could of still been playing some form of football.

If he does play seniors this year, his preperation is going to be 2-3 months behind that of the other draftee's.

I agree.

Essendon has Michael Still playing some games in the VFL and he is studying Year 12.

I like to think the Melbourne coaching staff are making sure Jack is mentally and physically right for senior football.

I'd rather this than another Gumbleton fiasco.

Are you telling me that if Watts was playing in the Under 18's, he wouldn't have played a game until Round 5 ? Or he wouldn't play any games for his school.

Watts may not be ready to play senior football for 2 or 3 years ( which is fine ) but is hard to understand it when he spends nearly a quarter of the year in the stands.

Why push him too early? C'mon yaco, you know underage footy much better than I do, you know that a pre-season for an u/18 is no where near as time consuming or demanding on the body as an AFL team. Watts has never played against men, the club is waiting until he's ready, I just don't see the point in risking him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shoenmakers > Watts
Only time will tell. Both Buddy and Rough played most of their first two seasons for us as we had just traded Thomo and Barker was injured. We had no other key talls and were forced to play them even when they didn't really deserve a spot. Both showed glimpses but it took 'til 2007 before they really came on. Even then Rough got dropped to boxhill mid 07 IIRC. Luckily for you guys, you can take your time with him and have ease in to AFL footy.Watts is highly rated and will take time but hopefully he will be a 200 game premiership CHF for you guys too.

Why push him too early? C'mon yaco, you know underage footy much better than I do, you know that a pre-season for an u/18 is no where near as time consuming or demanding on the body as an AFL team. Watts has never played against men, the club is waiting until he's ready, I just don't see the point in risking him.

You haven't read my posts carefully !

I dont care if Watts is not ready for senior football for 2 or 3 years - Still at Essendon is in the same boat. As an example, Still was held back from the some training as all first year players are - But he has been playing regularly for Bendigo. And he is studying Year 12.

The difference is that Watts and Blease did so little training from December, that Watts wasn't fit enough to play until the end of Round 5 and Blease broke his leg in a schoolyard wrestle.

It iis no surprise that Schoenmakers beat Watts - seeing that he has more fitness and match conditioning.

I suppose Melbourne has shown there is a different way to treat first year players.

You haven't read my posts carefully !

I dont care if Watts is not ready for senior football for 2 or 3 years - Still at Essendon is in the same boat. As an example, Still was held back from the some training as all first year players are - But he has been playing regularly for Bendigo. And he is studying Year 12.

The difference is that Watts and Blease did so little training from December, that Watts wasn't fit enough to play until the end of Round 5 and Blease broke his leg in a schoolyard wrestle.

It iis no surprise that Schoenmakers beat Watts - seeing that he has more fitness and match conditioning.

I suppose Melbourne has shown there is a different way to treat first year players.

Did you just suggest that Blease broke his ankle because of his lack of pre-season?

Wow, just wow, I obviously can't (or won't) argue against that. I can't possibly beat logic like that.

Did you just suggest that Blease broke his ankle because of his lack of pre-season?

Wow, just wow, I obviously can't (or won't) argue against that. I can't possibly beat logic like that.

The fact is that Blease broke his leg in a schoolyard wrestle !

It has nothing to do with having a reduced preseason.

And the injury shouldn't have happened !

I imagine that MFC would be very disappointed in the outcome.

At least Mitch Brown of GFC broke his leg playing in the VFL:eek:

I guess that MFC is being pressured when Watts will play Seniors - His Manager has stated publicly that he doesn't want Watts to play seniors this year :confused:, his School Coach Robert Shaw has made comment about Watts.

Anyway Watts is a seriously talented player with good speed, strong hands and fantastic lateral movement.

Hopefully he will debut against EFC in Round 12 at Etihad Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back