Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, I wouldn't exactly call hardness a strength of his. It's a side of his game he'll need to work on a bit.

well, fair enough, coming from someone who knows what they're on about

I guess he'll have to learn pretty quick when the opposition's number 1 gorilla strolls up to him at the start of every match

Neither Melbourne or St Kilda were scared off at all by the Watts/Lynch behaviour after the Under 18 Championships Final- they'd be expected to beyond reproach now being taken 1st round by their respective clubs.

Commonly known that they played up at the Vic Metro celebrations- their Region Manager had to intervene and the Recruiting Managers would have questioned them on it.

Precious much?

I didn't know about that, but I did see Tom Lynch behaving like a tool after the Dragons won a game at Sandy one day. He clearly knew someone from the other team and was jokingly making fun of him for losing, but it was all the way across the ground. I don't think he realised how classless it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look Jack and Tom definitely seem to enjoy a good time (which is fair enough surely?) and i'm confident that they would have let themselves go last night after they finally knew what their future held.

But the important thing is these guys definitely know when it's time to work hard and when it's time to unwind.. these two lads are probably two of the more professional players in this years bunch. I'm 110% confident that Lynch will handle himself appropriately on and off the field whilst representing himself and my football club and i can assure Melbourne fans that Jack will do the same.

everyone gets a bit nit picky these days and i don't see why 17/18 year olds aren't allowed to enjoy a good time (provided they don't go too far)

definitely clutching at straws as both seem to be good kids with their head screwed on the right way

He'd win the Coleman if they started playing him this week. He's going to make prime Carey look like a piece of shit.

Melbourne's handling of Watts - has been strange to say the least !

Watt's didn't play any kind of football until Round 5 !

And he wsn't injured !

Melbourne's handling of Watts - has been strange to say the least !

Watt's didn't play any kind of football until Round 5 !

And he wsn't injured !

This has already been discussed at length but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't read it and you're not trolling.

Because of Jack's age and the fact that he's still at school the club took the view that his year 12 results should be his priority this year. They're working with his family and school to get the right balance.

Why do you think that this is strange?

This has already been discussed at length but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't read it and you're not trolling.

Because of Jack's age and the fact that he's still at school the club took the view that his year 12 results should be his priority this year. They're working with his family and school to get the right balance.

Well done by Melbourne, he's still a schoolkid!!

He actually didn't play until round 5 because going to school hindered his pre season, and they wanted to make sure he got a FULL pre season before allowing him to play any match. This meant training less (because of school) but over a longer period of time to make sure he wasn't underdone.

I'm sure anyone with half a brain cell could realise that it was the right move.

He still attended the VFL games on the weekends to waterboy or whatnot......

He could of still been playing some form of football.

If he does play seniors this year, his preperation is going to be 2-3 months behind that of the other draftee's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back