News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

They have 5 picks within 30 (we have 4) so pick 40 was useless to them.

We win if we get Hateley for no cost - we won with that. No just watch us fu** it up.

They could package them up. Move some forward. Personally I’m not assuming Hately doesn’t re-sign with GWS now that they have money to spend.

If we do get him then 23 and Hately for Crouch isn’t too bad.

Excuse my ignorance, but do players nominate separately for the National Draft and the PreSeason Draft? I only ask because if he has to be in teh National Draft pool, someone (ie Port) might nab him for a junk pick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse my ignorance, but do players nominate separately for the National Draft and the PreSeason Draft? I only ask because if he has to be in teh National Draft pool, someone (ie Port) might nab him for a junk pick!
Would have to nominate for the nd which would be silly.

One thing though - I hope we’re on the phone with Hately as we speak

Assure him we really want him still, despite not doing a deal for him
i think that this is a potential scenario that the club may have foreseen. And have discussed. it may be a shock to Big Footy posters but the priorities for GWS were always going to be Cameron and Caldwell. And Reid would have known this and played it accordingly. Knowing that the Caldwell deal would always come down to the last minute with Dodoro and Essendon.

JR comes in for a bagging, but he's played this perfectly. Credit where it is due.

They might offer him more money given Cameron and Williams have left.

I don't think money was the issue, it is opportunity to play in the midfield. That has not changed.

I also don't think GWS were overly concerned about this deal as they had more important trades to deal with which netted them much more than a pick 40. They have done extremely well to land 3 first round picks in the Cameron deal.

I'm super glad we used the PSD properly given we finished last

We had to use it, and we are

And GWS have only foregone pick 40 to tell the league that you'll need to pay up or risk missing your man. Ok for us this year, but that foregone pick 40 might return dividends for the next few trade periods.

Last edited:
Hately wants to play midfield.

He is not getting past the likes of Kelly, Taranto, Coniglio, Hopper, Green and co., plus whoever they add with this years bounty.

He can sign on with us and be in the starting rotation or spend another season running around in the NEAFL.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

They offered Hately a 3 year deal

Yep didnt rate him lol

Wow there is some BS on this site

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Where did you hear that? My understanding is the exact opposite. They lowballed a 2 year deal to him and then prioritized O’Halloran and Caldwell with deals more than double what they offered him. Then all week played hard ball with Dodoro over Caldwell, and hardly even commented on Hately then let him walk rather than bother writing an email accepting pick 40. They don’t rate him mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back