News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuse my ignorance, but do players nominate separately for the National Draft and the PreSeason Draft? I only ask because if he has to be in teh National Draft pool, someone (ie Port) might nab him for a junk pick!
Yes

They would have run out of time. Everything being done in the last minute or so and Hately wasn't their priority
Yes this .....but also after getting the 3 x first round picks for Cameron, they really didn't need #40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And GWS have only foregone pick 40 to tell the league that unless you'll need to pay up or risk missing your man. Ok for us this year, but the at pick 40 might return dividends for the next few trade periods.
I doubt it will have that effect at all, most would be aware they had no need for pick 40 especially in this year with it holding virtually no value and nobody is going to trade it for a 2021 pick of any real value.

Harley for nothing makes our trade period slightly better.

I'd still have it an overall negative after the Crouch situation
Hately for free is a better outcome than Brad Crouch on a 5 year contract given where we sit with rebuilding the list. It's an overall positive.

In terms of culture, Hately is known as an extremely hard worker and super committed.

In a rebuild you want the senior players kept on to be the one's "setting the example" in professionalism. I really liked Brad as a player and he has a ton of ability. But I'm not sure if he is a senior player we want around in a rebuild. Great influence on Stengle..... And the club made that call.

We got way unders for Brad and I am still spewing about that. But overall, before the trade period started, if you could trade Brad for pick 23 plus Hately?

You wouldn't pull the trigger on that? I would, so that's why it must be a +/e.

I doubt it will have that effect at all, most would be aware they had no need for pick 40 especially in this year with it holding virtually no value and nobody is going to trade it for a 2021 pick of any real value.
The could have got Tom Phillips with it ;)

You'd think so
Peanuts being the operative word, a lot of clubs will be out of this year's draft before round 3.

Word is the AFL will only require clubs to take one player in this year's draft I'm sure has been the talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back