Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd imagine in the last couple of days like most other deals.

I said fringe 22.

He was named in the 22 15 times, the rest he was either sub or not playing at all.
Mitch Cleary also did report about Jack depends how much salary we pay it will depend on the pick we will get Personally I hope the trade gets done

McCrae will get to the Saints you would think. If the dogs want to posture and puff their chest out let him stay and take up a big chunk of their cap while playing AFL every now and then for the next 3 years.

If I was a Dogs supporter I’d be asking the club why so many players want out? Something a bit stinky at Footscray and Melbourne atm.

McCrae will get to the Saints you would think. If the dogs want to posture and puff their chest out let him stay and take up a big chunk of their cap while playing AFL every now and then for the next 3 years.

If I was a Dogs supporter I’d be asking the club why so many players want out? Something a bit stinky at Footscray and Melbourne atm.
So many players.... a narcissist and Macrae.

V Battle and one of the best clubmen in the AFL, Tom Campbell.

Something sticks at Sandringham

So on the one hand you believe Macrae would barely play if he remained with us, but on the other you're flummoxed as to why he might be willing to engage in a trade. He's a good inside midfielder with limited opportunities there due to playing with Bont, Treloar, Liberatore and Richards. St Kilda has a comparatively thin midfield, hence the interest.

Daniel is very invested in the club despite not cementing a best 22 position this year, and will only go if absolutely necessary.

Garcia is likely to stay.

Smith is his own can of worms, and not representative of players more broadly. But there are similar contributing factors in him being behind others pre-ACL in an elite, deep midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. It shouldn't be hard to understand why someone might think something is going on at a club when 3 of their better mids asked to be traded over a 3 year span. Whereas delisting a VFL player is very normal for every club.
Yeah... we have a much better midfield than the rubbish saints throw out every week. Not everyone can play every week.

And Smith is just a narcissist with serious issues who was courted by Cotton On 3 years ago. That stinks as much as anything can.

Not really. It shouldn't be hard to understand why someone might think something is going on at a club when 3 of their better mids asked to be traded over a 3 year span. Whereas delisting a VFL player is very normal for every club.

Two couldn’t get a game in the midfield, and Dunkley wanted more money. How is that so hard to understand?

Yeah... we have a much better midfield than the rubbish saints throw out every week. Not everyone can play every week.

And Smith is just a narcissist with serious issues who was courted by Cotton On 3 years ago. That stinks as much as anything can.
Two couldn’t get a game in the midfield, and Dunkley wanted more money. How is that so hard to understand?
Fair enough. But if Macrae just isn't good enough to play in your stacked midfield every week, you really cant be expecting much back in a trade then can you. You cant be having this both ways.

Fair enough. But if Macrae just isn't good enough to play in your stacked midfield every week, you really cant be expecting much back in a trade then can you. You cant be having this both ways.
Contracted, and will still get a game.

There will inevitably be injuries and if the offer for Daniel is more, which it might be, then he might be the one to go.

Can't be losing both and the club know that

Players are leaving because of Beveridge - no other reason. He won the flag on the wave of emotion in 2016, since then he has seriously under acheived. The guy is an accentric odd ball, how many 50 yo skate board on a regular basis, that says a lot about him in my mind. He has basically had too much talent on his list and cant manage them whilst he still plays his favourites. The Dogs need to move him on and get a more balanced coach running things, if they are ever to take advantage of their unbelievable talent.

Players are leaving because of Beveridge - no other reason. He won the flag on the wave of emotion in 2016, since then he has seriously under acheived. The guy is an accentric odd ball, how many 50 yo skate board on a regular basis, that says a lot about him in my mind. He has basically had too much talent on his list and cant manage them whilst he still plays his favourites. The Dogs need to move him on and get a more balanced coach running things, if they are ever to take advantage of their unbelievable talent.

Your club were the ones sniffing around, that’s why we signed him on when we did.

The fact is when we played Macrae, Smith, Daniel, etc last year we didn’t make finals and looked very average. This year all three have been out of the side or sub for most of the year and we were ranked #1 for defence and #2 for offence. We’re evolving the team to move past the old group, hence giving young players games over our established players, with decent success so far.

If Macrae stays, we’ll be happy. He’s an excellent player to cover for Libba or play as the sub. He only played a couple VFL games this year when coming back from injury so that point is overblown.

Our salary cap is fine so we don’t need to dump any players, it’s more that he’d be great for the Saints and we don’t need him anymore. He’s a huge AA caliber upgrade on a few of your older mids slowing down/retiring, that’ll only cost a second rounder.

Man I didn't realise Saints fans were this snarky. A lot of arrogance for I'm not sure what and posting shitty opinions as fact. Dunkley and Bevo were very fond of eachother, he was the "coaches pet". Left because he wanted a regular locked in midfield slot and a big contract which was fair enough. Bailey Smith is his own story and I guarantee if he was drafted by St Kilda or North etc, he would be doing the exact same thing right now to get to Geelong. Macrae understandably is trying to get to a club with a below average midfield so he can get a regular run in the middle for his last few years. He still played almost every game despite our midfield being pretty healthy and is great depth there.

Just re-signed JUH who everyone was coming for, English, Naughton and Busslinger who WA clubs couldnt lure back, Bailey Dale, Cody Weightman, etc with Garcia about to re-sign and Treloar wanting to extend for longer despite not being OOC. Stop making up shit because you listen to Kane Cornes to help form your opinions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back