Player Watch #?: Jacob Konstanty - Welcome to North Melbourne - traded with L.Parker for Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

From Brady Rawlings
“And Jacob’s career is only just beginning. His playing style and ability to apply pressure in the forward line has really stood out to us. We see potential in his football ability and look forward to him getting to work.”

Is that ... super brutal?

What he has is "potential" and what he needs to do is "get to work"
Its fair innit? Hasn’t played a game..

More than happy to be proven wrong & I realise he’s the ultimate set of steak knives in this Parker deal. I mean this deal would never of happened with just 62 or 25 picks .
But I was has this guy yet to debut after 2 seasons? I realise the Swabs have been elite but you would not say that their forward line has been their biggest strength. Also remember Papley being injured for a quite a while in the past & this guy didn’t even make it as a sub?
Fingers crossed 🤞 but I don’t think he’s gonna be that good.

Jacob Konstanty = The Frank
george costanza someone GIF

N
More than happy to be proven wrong & I realise he’s the ultimate set of steak knives in this Parker deal. I mean this deal would never of happened with just 62 or 25 picks .
But I was has this guy yet to debut after 2 seasons? I realise the Swabs have been elite but you would not say that their forward line has been their biggest strength. Also remember Papley being injured for a quite a while in the past & this guy didn’t even make it as a sub?
Next minute he’s running riot …

He has struggled with injury himself and wasn’t in the good books of the swans after the Callum Mills injury. It’s a free hit in a position of need. If it works, happy days we just got a pressure forward for free. If it doesn’t, no assets were lost.

Gotta study the Jacob Konstanty kid more because when my mate told me we got Luke Parker and Konstanty thought he was saying Koschitzke from Richmond 🤣 Best of luck for the two in our club.

It’s wasn’t my point.

My issue is the lost opportunity, his contract size was borderline Band 1, his suitor was supposedly Collingwood mid year, who triggered a Band 1 offer for the FA they eventually signed.

We won the lottery with McKay last year and could have done it two seasons in a row for someone I believe to be a problem statistically.

I viewed it as a way of absolutely getting ahead. We could have turned pick 2 & 3 into a war chest of mid first rounders if we wanted.

What’s done is done however.
There was an intangible factor at play though, which is the confidence and connection within the group that Cam's recommitment engendered. If you keep letting players walk out on big money offers from big clubs, how do you stop the stampede when players you desperately want to keep get even bigger offers?

our fans will immediately overrate any guy we draft or trade in. like clockwork.
probably 40% of the people on here will be loud and I've already noticed on other threads these players are already being assumed as established quality AFL level players.

in this guys case the price was low, the expectation based on the cost is low. do I expect him to play 100 games? no. but that's just based on the balance of probability. we've traded in some absolute rubbish in recent years and have not been even close to successful when it comes to small forwards but people just need to learn to wait and see.

another thread assumed our small forward issues were solved... they are far from that.. we can't just expect any guy we draft in for low capital will play 200 games for the club. the reality is he probably won't be but like everyone else here I'm hoping that he makes it and won't form any judgement until he has played a few games for us.

I have no issue with the trade and how we acquired him (even though we probably could've got him for free) as I don't think Sydney were going to accept anything less than the pick we gave them, so we might as well have saved ourselves the trouble of getting him later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still no idea who he is. Can someone post some vision? I keep spelling his name wrong in google. Somehow I ended up following Harald Sigurdsson’s journey to Constantinople to buy an army to become king of Norway.

We are due to have some luck with one of these speculative untried players. Said before Jacob has been given a second chance , up to him now to consolidate his place in our team. There is an opportunity if he wants it badly enough. 1729124212630.gif

"It does put a smile on my face to see the two of them, Jacob and Tom, buzzing around," Longmire said.

"As soon as we drafted Jacob, Tom texted me and was really excited. He's been fantastic. Everything he is, he's that. But he's also got a bit of class. He's not just a hard chaser. That stood out to our playing group in the first session, he's actually got some class.”

"The two of them buzz around together. I grabbed both of them together last week and put my arm around them and said, 'geez it's good to see you two working together'. It's really good."

Still no idea who he is. Can someone post some vision? I keep spelling his name wrong in google. Somehow I ended up following Harald Sigurdsson’s journey to Constantinople to buy an army to become king of Norway.
Don't know what you are reading. Harald was a member of the Varangian guard in Constantinople for years, he didn't go there to buy an army.
Probably most famous for his death at the battle of Stamford Bridge in 1066, which arguably made it possible for the Normans to successfully invade England.
I too know more about Harald than Konstanty......

Pick 20 in a draft that included 3 father/sons and an academy pick before his selection, so he was a well regarded talent. Could be a great pick up for us, I wish all the best at NMFC.

Welcome Jacob.

"It does put a smile on my face to see the two of them, Jacob and Tom, buzzing around," Longmire said.

"As soon as we drafted Jacob, Tom texted me and was really excited. He's been fantastic. Everything he is, he's that. But he's also got a bit of class. He's not just a hard chaser. That stood out to our playing group in the first session, he's actually got some class.”

"The two of them buzz around together. I grabbed both of them together last week and put my arm around them and said, 'geez it's good to see you two working together'. It's really good."

And then JK killed Callum Mills and the love affair was over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jacob Konstanty - Welcome to North Melbourne - traded with L.Parker for Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Back