Free Agency Jade Gresham [Joins Essendon as RFA]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to pick 13 going to essendon for shiel....
There was no chance stkilda was receiving a first round compo pick for Gresham unless we took Shiel and gave the pick back to them.

Never in a million years.

IF...Sheil wasn't so fragile his daughter can destroy his knee
AND.. he only had a foot injury
AND..Saints got pick 13

Then maybe the Saints would have picked up Sheil as a salary dump for a 4 round pick.

Turns out, pick 21 is fine, no thanks, no need for the Sheil cadaver and Essendon can enjoy paying him 900k for him missing most if not all of next season.

Enjoy Gres, can play, just make sure he takes his shots from no more than 30 metres out. :)

I suspect we see a sneaky 2 year extension at the end of the year on less $. Joe Daniher style. No way would Gresham have taken a 3 year deal on his last big contract. Theyve clearly gone with 3 to be able to bring the annual average salary up to band 2 and because the contract term doesnt effect compo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect we see a sneaky 2 year extension at the end of the year on less $. Joe Daniher style. No way would Gresham have taken a 3 year deal on his last big contract. Theyve clearly gone with 3 to be able to bring the annual average salary up to band 2 and because the contract term doesnt effect compo.
As soon as a non-Victorian club tries to game the system like this, watch it be met with howls of anguish from the likes of Barrett/McClure/Ralph and get shut down quick smart by AFL House.

Pitty no 13 for you

2 of Windsor, Wilson, Murphy, Leake wouldve been good in a saints jersey
dont think many of us disappointed with end of first round,only way it would be 13 is with shiel,no thanks,very happy here,small % of saints fans would have preffered to keep gresh,but it seems every knuckle head that visited our board was trying to extol the virtues of giving back 13 to take shiel

im sure many were just showing their over exuberent one eyed stuff,but some nuffies were actually trying to convince us how great that would be,

to those guys haha,get a brain & this bit is for those guys

perhaps wait 12 months and offer: $1m a year for McCluggage as a FA $1m a year for a OOC Ben King But you have a departing melomaniac who wants to spend it all now (because it is all about him). So you get: A full back averaging less than 10 games a year A 36yo ruckman A skinny flanker that failed as a mid A small forward who looked a gun, but doesn't tackle and cant kick over a jam tin since he busted his achilleas Solid plan

for everyone else on both sides who are happy with the outcome,good luck in 2024

3 year with years 4 and 5 as triggers

I suppose they couldve got a pick at worst 5 spots higher with our 2nd in trade
Whatever the compo was, they needed it to be enough for Henry. Pick 35 wasnt getting it done. Pick 21 for saints i think ends up at pick 24 after GCs academy players. So 24 for Henry is about right. I actually had him in the 15-22 range but think freo accept it.

I think all 3 clubs will get what they want here.

Whatever the compo was, they needed it to be enough for Henry. Pick 35 wasnt getting it done. Pick 21 for saints i think ends up at pick 24 after GCs academy players. So 24 for Henry is about right. I actually had him in the 15-22 range but think freo accept it.

Freo i think will grubble over a smidge more imo

Maybe Future 2nd/Current for 3rd/40 aswell

Essendon supporters don't want Gresh. We don't want to use our cap on him, we don't want to trade anything of worth for him. What does all this tell you? Gresham is probably sitting back thinking I don't mind who pays me as long as I get a deal. He's worth 350k for 3 years. That's his worth, anything more is ridiculous

Commiserations.

Itll be pick 25 imo. All 4 of gold coasts acamdemies, plus mccabe and croft. Depends how many picks gold coast retain before it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Jade Gresham [Joins Essendon as RFA]

Back