Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm rapt with this pick. What we desperately needed, much more than a KPP, was a line-breaking difference maker. Jaidyn is definitely that.

Much preferred over the slower Fogarty, who to me lacks any real elite attributes. Seems too similar to Scharenberg, certainly wouldn't be much use to us as a defender, and I'm not convinced he's a top 6 player as a forward, doubt he'll ever be a mid.

As a junior he seems like a quicker Fyfe. Similar body type as well, hopefully he can build up like Fyfe has.

AFL+Rd+20+Dockers+v+Swans+lbaYOuGYlyul.jpg

I'm rapt with this pick. What we desperately needed, much more than a KPP, was a line-breaking difference maker. Jaidyn is definitely that.

Much preferred over the slower Fogarty, who to me lacks any real elite attributes. Seems too similar to Scharenberg, certainly wouldn't be much use to us as a defender, and I'm not convinced he's a top 6 player as a forward, doubt he'll ever be a mid.
One thing we do not need is another Scharenberg.

So we got a slightly quicker WHE and worse kick? Only collingwood would do this. I want this kid to do well, but won't make any meaningful impact till he puts on some size.
Reminds me of Daisy. Will excite in his first couple of years and then start genuinely delivering year 3.

I don't normally bet on the Rising Star but... maybe
As he's Collingwood he'd have to be twice as good as some other love child the media will invent from some other club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree on all counts.
Have to trust the medicos, I suppose, but the fact that it remains undiagnosed is troubling.

It took big bollocks by Hine and Co to take him at 6 when other teams were rumoured to have put a line through him altogether. The decision paid off in spades though with Murphy still being there for us at 39.

Brett Anderson reckons we would’ve taken Murphy at 6 with a negative late medical diagnosis on Stephenson. I’d normally be sceptical of this as spin but BA has good mail and Murphy was at the draft which means he was in the top 10 mix for someone (probably us).

If you look at the Stephenson pick at 6 in isolation with the undiagnosed issue it was a gamble. But if you look at it as a combination of picks (6 & 39) we got two blokes who we liked at 6. If anyone still has concerns flip it and have us taking Murphy at 6 and Stephenson at 39.

I for one am rapt with getting both boys!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It took big bollocks by Hine and Co to take him at 6 when other teams were rumoured to have put a line through him altogether. The decision paid off in spades though with Murphy still being there for us at 39.

Brett Anderson reckons we would’ve taken Murphy at 6 with a negative late medical diagnosis on Stephenson. I’d normally be sceptical of this as spin but BA has good mail and Murphy was at the draft which means he was in the top 10 mix for someone (probably us).

If you look at the Stephenson pick at 6 in isolation with the undiagnosed issue it was a gamble. But if you look at it as a combination of picks (6 & 39) we got two blokes who we liked at 6. If anyone still has concerns flip it and have us taking Murphy at 6 and Stephenson at 39.

But Stephenson would never got to pick 39

I was keen on fog to present a point of difference / bit of mongrel up forward but really love this pick. Scharenberg (jury still out) and freeman are/were unwrapped Christmas presents that haven’t delivered.... I get the feeling Stephenson and Murphy are going to deliver, a bit like our daisy and pendles picks. Will be interesting to see how our list shapes in future years as these two mature and we hopefully develop a great kpp off the rookie list

I was keen on fog to present a point of difference / bit of mongrel up forward but really love this pick. Scharenberg (jury still out) and freeman are/were unwrapped Christmas presents that haven’t delivered.... I get the feeling Stephenson and Murphy are going to deliver, a bit like our daisy and pendles picks. Will be interesting to see how our list shapes in future years as these two mature and we hopefully develop a great kpp off the rookie list
Daisy could hardly be termed a long term success story.

Daisy could hardly be termed a long term success story.

If we get the same service out of Stephenson and Murphy that we got from daisy and Pendles I’d be happy.

I’d also still be happy if one of Stephenson or Murphy played like daisy, helped deliver us a premiership and then got injured and left to Carlscum.

Notice daisy in lowercase....

If we get the same service out of Stephenson and Murphy that we got from daisy and Pendles I’d be happy.

I’d also still be happy if one of Stephenson or Murphy played like daisy, helped deliver us a premiership and then got injured and left to Carlscum.

Notice daisy in lowercase....

Stephenson is bit like Daisy in the X-Factor and Speed Daisy Gave the Team. Stephenson also has Pace and X-Factor but Taller and Better Engine then Daisy when we Drafted him in 2005

No doubt the combo is a pretty good (potentially great) outcome.
Honestly, I'm more concerned with Stephenson's kicking than any potential health issue as I'm fine with trusting the medicos..

No doubt the combo is a pretty good (potentially great) outcome.
Honestly, I'm more concerned with Stephenson's kicking than any potential health issue as I'm fine with trusting the medicos..

As long as his decision making is fine it's not a big deal IMO, can be addressed by other players on the list. If he's trying to thread it into the centre of the ground to a teammate surrounded by 5 opposition players on a regular basis we might have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back