Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
when he becomes a Collingwood premiership player we will all be happy.
EFA

(Not much good that success elsewhere)

Last edited:

Forgot who, but someone with good junior knowledge said he's much more capable of winning his own ball than WHE. Also compares himself to Danger, so hopefully in time once he gains size he can become more inside.
That sounds encouraging.

One mega huge difference.

Jaidyn sounds like his head is firmly screwed on his shoulders. Comes across well, thoughtful, dedicated.
Freeman came across from day one as a dumb numb skull. And his attitude apparantly so so....
Agreed this kid interviews very well, I saw one he had a few weeks ago where he was impressive so last nights interviews were no surprise for me. Hope the guy turns into a star.

For mine right now Stephenson was the obvious choice ahead of Fogarty because he better fills a distinct weakness in our list in terms of outside speed and line breaking ability. He's also shown he can be a dangerous forward target (another list weakness) and since his move to the midfield has displayed an ability to gather the ball in decent numbers.

Both he and Murphy have already displayed excellent endurance ability with their 2km time trial that would have seen them finish 3rd and 4th the other week if they replicated it.

Fogarty filled a list need in terms of kicking ability but as yet he isn't a high accumulator like say a Cerra so the benefit of it is more limited.

This would be due to a number of reasons obviously because he isn't a pure midfielder, had injury concerns this season and was used often in defence or up forward.

Still at present he doesn't have great running capacity so doubts would have been in the minds of recruiters as to what exactly he'll develop into.

At 192cm and 95kg he certainly has the physique already to play AFL next season and could potentially hold down a key position in time which was a list need but is that what he sees himself becoming at his best or will he be more of a hybrid type, a big bodied midfielder who is used forward or back as the situation requires.

With the hope of seeing de Goey and Maynard used through the midfield more in 2018 I don't see a dire need for another bull of a midfielder on our list with the outside speed and flair of Stephenson a more urgent requirement.

Agreed this kid interviews very well, I saw one he had a few weeks ago where he was impressive so last nights interviews were no surprise for me. Hope the guy turns into a star.
Ofcourse interviews those extra things doesn't translate to direct football talent.
But does point to being well rounded and measured, organised in his head, etc.
Certainly doesn't hurt.

We should even consider him for our bigfooty sponsorship.

(Though he might be in the higher priced bracket because those bean counters will want all the beans they can get)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's definitely got to work on his ball drop.

Fox Footy said the Poor Ball Drop is the Reason why some of his Kicks are Shockers as they say when he gets it right it is really good

For mine right now Stephenson was the obvious choice ahead of Fogarty because he better fills a distinct weakness in our list in terms of outside speed and line breaking ability. He's also shown he can be a dangerous forward target (another list weakness) and since his move to the midfield has displayed an ability to gather the ball in decent numbers.

Both he and Murphy have already displayed excellent endurance ability with their 2km time trial that would have seen them finish 3rd and 4th the other week if they replicated it.

Fogarty filled a list need in terms of kicking ability but as yet he isn't a high accumulator like say a Cerra so the benefit of it is more limited.

This would be due to a number of reasons obviously because he isn't a pure midfielder, had injury concerns this season and was used often in defence or up forward.

Still at present he doesn't have great running capacity so doubts would have been in the minds of recruiters as to what exactly he'll develop into.

At 192cm and 95kg he certainly has the physique already to play AFL next season and could potentially hold down a key position in time which was a list need but is that what he sees himself becoming at his best or will he be more of a hybrid type, a big bodied midfielder who is used forward or back as the situation requires.

With the hope of seeing de Goey and Maynard used through the midfield more in 2018 I don't see a dire need for another bull of a midfielder on our list with the outside speed and flair of Stephenson a more urgent requirement.

Was Thinking same thing with De Goey and Marynard going into the Midfield then we already have 2 Big Body Mids which Fogarty looks to become

Really hoping for Cerra before Freo took him.

I think we desperately need super clean ball users, but of course I am hoping he becomes a star.

Think we partially addressed this with Murphy at the very least. You really want to take best available with a top-10 selection rather than picking on needs basis IMO, and we did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back