Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's probably a joke.
The thing with Jake is, and Jobe has mentioned this before when asked in the media, he's a bit of a different cat.

Even though he should know better at 24yo, he strikes me as being quite immature, as evidenced by his on field comments to opposition players this season.
Even if part of what he was saying is true, you still don't say it.

Having said all that, he is a bl**dy good player.
I have no doubt he will improve once being able to settle into his favoured key defensive post.
It took Hooker & Hurley many years in the system to reach AA level of consistency.
Could Carlisle reach that level ?.............maybe

Pressure will be on at the Saints with that salary.
Perhaps not initially, as the a Saints aren't expected to make Finals in 2016, but eventually that pressure will come, and it will be interesting how he handles it.

I can't help but feel that he would have been a sensation at the Hawks.
Not only because they are a great team which makes ALL players play better, but also because their defensive dynamic would have suited Jake's strengths.
They have a dour, negative stopper type Backman in Frawley who can take most main jobs.
Stratton to play on the more athletic.
Jake Carlisle in that backline being freed up to read the play and the flight of loose balls coming in, man, I could see him taking loads of intercept marks.
With Gibson, Birchall and Duraye, it's a hell of a backline.
Anyhow, it didn't eventuate, but I think it would have been better for him.

Saints, you have a very solid 7-9 year KP player there, and they're flipping hard to find.
Don't worry about this Snapchat cr*p.
It will blow over (no pun intended) in a few days.
In fact, it may be just the wake up call that Jake needs to take his game to the next level.

From an Essendon perspective, thanks Hawthorn for establishing some sort of base valuation of what Jake was worth.
I have no doubt it helped.

Thanks to Sydney for facilitating the trade that enabled both clubs to get a good result !

Seriously though. If the trade was reversed would Craig Bird have to go back to Sydney or would Essendon have to directly trade for him since he signed a contract?

We will trade him back to you, Pears and a 4th rounder sound about right, thats about all he was worth at the start of trade week wasnt he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did they hold off until the trade was done? They must have been sitting on this. Someone at 9 an Essendon man?

club reportedly was informed minutes after the trade paperwork went in. manager knew about it the day before...

maybe this is why carlisle was so unkeen on the PSD and getting it sorted ASAP?

Hopefully jake was just messing around.
Perhaps he should come back to Australia with a shaved head just in case.

First we laugh at saints fans saying no pick 5 lol
Then we laugh at Syd and saints for
making this trade week the best ever lol
Then we laugh at jakey boy ...

Ripped it to shreds. well done to Essendon

Hope he turns the corner in a new environment at Saint Kilda.

club reportedly was informed minutes after the trade paperwork went in. manager knew about it the day before...

maybe this is why carlisle was so unkeen on the PSD and getting it sorted ASAP?
Poor effort by his manager.
Cant believe people blaming Essendon for this

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back