Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Turn? You have a whinge about being banned from trading and the whinge when called on it? Have a bag of cement.
Merely point out the inconsistencies of the AFL commission. You took it to a childish level. All good though.

Essendon supporters will be CHEERING Carlisle every touch next year!

No better place to fulfill your potential than the Hawks! They will look back at this trade and it will make the Saints look like idiots for not locking this trade down early!

Hawthorn dont pay overs. We get people who want to win flags. Unless you are suggesting Frawley was overs?

Not having a crack at your club, they do it amazingly. But what a club rebuilding sees as overs and what a premiership team sees as overs are two widely different things. Take the McEvoy trade, no way would a rebuilding club do that but it worked out well for you. We would be silly to trade away future for a ready made backman.

Yet.

Last time I looked the trade period isn't over and yet he's already coming out making demands of St Kilda.

Saints should tell him to GFY.
By "demands" do you mean "compensate my club fairly"?

If so, you must think Chris Judd was a right prick.

Not all of which are suited.
I can think of a myriad of Carlton wooden spoons, but one is more relevant, the most recent.
This years.

Oh that's hilarious. Given your clubs current situation i'd be much rather dealing with something that doesn't actually exist (the spoon) over something that actually does (the smoking needle).

Why not, either way we'll get a result. Pick 14 & 18 or pick 5 & Billings. Now, where did all those smug Saints fans go? Hows the PSD looking now?
Lol. You're not getting Pick 5 and Billings. It'll either be pick 5 or 14 & 18.

Essendon supporters will be CHEERING Carlisle every touch next year!

No better place to fulfill your potential than the Hawks! They will look back at this trade and it will make the Saints look like idiots for not locking this trade down early!

I'd go to the hawks first game just to cheer him on.

Why not, either way we'll get a result. Pick 14 & 18 or pick 5 & Billings. Now, where did all those smug Saints fans go? Hows the PSD looking now?
Billings is not and has never been on the table.

You've done well, and the Hawks have done well getting a first rounder for Anderson.
I hope we don't try to trump it , because i think you've gotten overs for him, and we can't afford to pay overs during our rebuild.

Saints weighing up options, looks like they might buckle or try to better the pick 14 and 18 scenario somehow. Again they should make a decision and stick with it. i wonder if they will back themselves or fold.

What do Bomber fans want?

Pick 5 vs Pick 15 + 18

I have the small inkling you would prefer the latter purely because it doesn't involve St Kilda.
I'd probably prefer pick 5 straight swap, but St.Kilda obviously don't want to do that.

Pick 15 + 18 will allow us to package one of those picks with pick 23 or 25 to try secure another higher pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh that's hilarious. Given your clubs current situation i'd be much rather dealing with something that doesn't actually exist (the spoon) over something that actually does (the smoking needle).

The spoon is real, unlike the cake.

Not having a crack at your club, they do it amazingly. But what a club rebuilding sees as overs and what a premiership team sees as overs are two widely different things. Take the McEvoy trade, no way would a rebuilding club do that but it worked out well for you. We would be silly to trade away future for a ready made backman.
Carlisle has just turned 24 2 weeks ago, he is part of the future

You don't get market value for a player with investigations hanging over their head. Buyer beware market with Essendon players.
Unfortunately Jake Carlisle appears to have more integrity than yourself and therefore wishes to see Essendon compensated fairly. If you see this as "blackmail" then there's probably not much hope for you.

Saints weighing up options, looks like they might buckle or try to better the pick 14 and 18 scenario somehow. Again they should make a decision and stick with it. i wonder if they will back themselves or fold.

I am happy you guys got involved :thumbsu:
Here's hoping Dodoro returns the favour one day.

Billings is not and has never been on the table.

You've done well, and the Hawks have done well getting a first rounder for Anderson.
I hope we don't try to trump it , because i think you've gotten overs for him, and we can't afford to pay overs during our rebuild.
I don't know about this theory. Everyone in the football world stated we paid overs giving Freo McPharlane and Croad for pick 1 and 36. That was in a rebuild phase and is the backbone of leadership to our current success. Sometimes you need to give a little to get a little

That's a win for Essendon, Hickey is a quality ruckman.

Thing is with Leuenberger pretty much locked to coming in ..we would have no need for Hickey.

Our ruck division would be:

Leuenberger F/T
Bellchambers F/T
Giles VFL
McKernan CHF and P/T ruck
Daniher FF and P/T ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back