Speculation Jake Waterman trade value?

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you expect in a trade for Naughton? Waterman is currently playing better than Naughton ever has over a season, he's been a behemoth up forward for WCE this year.

Iā€™m going to give you the benefit of the doubt that youā€™re trying to troll with this. If youā€™re actually serious thoughā€¦ omg haha

Iā€™m going to give you the benefit of the doubt that youā€™re trying to troll with this. If youā€™re actually serious thoughā€¦ omg haha
Tell me a season Naughtons matched Watermans output from 2024. Just because Waterman used to be a bit of a spud doesn't mean he's still one.

He's also a very good kick of the footy, which Naughton most definitely isn't. Struggles to crack 50m on a set shot.

Last edited:
Waterman's had a great season and he's a strong bugger so I wouldn't say no if he was a FA. However I don't really get how spending a 1st round pick for a 192cm forward with unexceptional vertical jumping capacity is going to help North's list build, given that we already Zurhaar and Duursma, who are only a centimeter shorter.

What North needs is someone closer to 200cm, or someone 192cm+ with great contesting leaping capacity, because that's what would compliment Larkey.

the Bloke has struggled with injuries and Form in the last 3 or 4 years.

Has kicked 41 goals and 17 behinds. He still could kick 50 this year.

Why would West coast offer him up for trade is anyones guess.

He is a free agent next season. If he was Victorian, I will assure you at least 2 or 3 or 4 Victorian Clubs would of chased him as a free agent.

He is a free agent next season. If he was Victorian, I will assure you at least 2 or 3 or 4 Victorian Clubs would of chased him as a free agent.
Its not about wanting to get rid of him, its about needing first round picks.
KPF is one role we have good depth

People on our board want to trade everyone.
Waterman, Barrass, Ryan and even OA.

I don't really get it.

no idea why the dees would be chasing Dan Houston when we need a key forward. everything should be put into getting him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People on our board want to trade everyone.
Waterman, Barrass, Ryan and even OA.

I don't really get it.
well not everyone, just one or 2 players who we could conceivably get overs for AND we have younger depth ready for AFL games, who otherwise would struggle to get games

Because he's a gun.

You do realize that teams can do more than one thing at a time right?
When's the last time we brought in 2 guns in a trade period? the odds of us bringing in Waterman and Houston is next to 0%. Especially considering we've done sweet bugger all at the trade table for a couple of years now. Bringing in a 2nd ruck like Grundy and then guys like Billings and McAdam. That's it. Lamb is sort of annoying me at the moment. This draft is an amazing draft. We should be trying to get 3 or 4 picks inside the top 30. But no doubt Lamby won't rate anyone outside 15 and trade them away.

That Paul Peos interview on SportFM this morning was strange. Lots of words, with not much said. All I could take aways from it was, he'd hoped the Eagles were a bit further on with negotiations and that he's weighing up money and the prospect of being at a club with improved prospects of success equally. Even Landsmere said it ended, it sounds like Jakes moving.

i reckon he'll be resigned, but if free agency comes calling he'll be attracting some astronomical bids if form continues into next season

There is a tangible risk there for both club and player though.

If his form drops or injury strikes in 2025 then both club and player lose.

Jake doesn't get a big long term deal he wants now.

Club doesn't land any decent picks.

If Jake wants and demands a big long term contract it should be this year he signs one.

Could go the same way as Barrass and he needs to look elsewhere for that 5 year $800k plus deal.

Waterman would probably be worth almost the same as what Bailey Smith is worth, I'd think?

pantskyle care to negotiate on behalf of WCE?

IF you let us have Waterman we'll kindly take the burden of Matera92 off your hands. We'll even feed and shelter him.

Should be fun for the Eagles to deal with the Cats, I am sure it'll be very fair and Eagles and Cats fans on BF will be very amicable and nice just like the Kelly trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Waterman trade value?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back