Speculation Jake Waterman [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha. Archer has shown some great signs but he’s a 19yo skinny key forward. Not sure you are getting rid of a key forward who has shown he can do it on the back of what he’s done.

Nothing wrong with developing for a few years in the magoos and probably why our development has been so bad lately became a lot of our players could not do it recently.

Sub is probably gone next year and 5 on the bench will get the thumbs up. Don’t think teams would go with 5 smalls on the bench but who knows.

If he is ready he will play, they will find a spot.

You make some decent points, Some I understand why but dont agree.

But laughing at other posters who also raise valid points is BS.

Save the lols for posts from people with NFI. Or particularly rude ones.:poo:

Makes perfect sense for a rebuilding team to put a guy like Waterman on the open market.

Pretty amazing that North fans seem keenest given they're in the same boat.

You'd reckon a finals team like Melbourne/Sydney/Geelong/Collingwood makes way more sense, at least for Jake's sake
North's boat is just passing west coasts on the way out of the harbour

We still have Darling next year. Archer will want to see a pathway for him to break into the side and a way to play his actual role. He wont get that if we have 3 other KPFs in the 22/23 ahead of him. Idk how many times I need to say this
Say it as much as you want, I don’t think 19yo kpp think like that in there rookie year.
If a club offers a very good deal then we would be negligent not to accept it. We are rebuilding, we need things other than KPFs on the list.

Sicily is the only one they kept, hes also the captain. We still have Allen.
All our mature A grade talent under 31 will be sitting in our forward line with very little to get it to them
They traded blokes who are 28yo plus and mainly mids not 25/26 yo kpp in career best form.

Do Essendon need another KPF after drafting Caddy? I think a fair deal for a mature KPF who has had a breakout season would be a pick in the 8-11 range, and Essendon may end up with that. But so might Melbourne who have a very clear need for a KPF.

Do Essendon need another KPF after drafting Caddy? I think a fair deal for a mature KPF who has had a breakout season would be a pick in the 8-11 range, and Essendon may end up with that. But so might Melbourne who have a very clear need for a KPF.
The Western Australian linked them and his brother played there so might have some links. Would be looking as Wright ain’t doing much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they're getting Smith then they cant afford Waterman too.

They'd need to be trading out someone with significant value to get both
Smith has a few asterisks on the trade value that I expect would drop it.

Waterman is an interesting one because he'd be ufa 20 odd games from now. Why bother trading him in now? Not sure he adds enough to justify a big trade

Last edited:
If they're getting Smith then they cant afford Waterman too.

They'd need to be trading out someone with significant value to get both

Next years first makes complete sense. Thats about what hes worth.

It wont be this years pick as west coast will want to spread their picks over the next couple of years.

Next years first makes complete sense. Thats about what hes worth.

It wont be this years pick as west coast will want to spread their picks over the next couple of years.
We want the picks now. We have at least 7-8 could easily be more delistings to do, and currently only 3 picks in the draft.

Next year we have a bunch of f/s and academy kids, a couple who should be around a late 1st to early 3rd round pick, so picks are worth less.

Less players to delist next year too

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Waterman [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back