Speculation Jake Waterman [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. But end of the day clubs sometimes dont have the choice when a player becomes gettable. And if opportunity pops up as a surprise then they either have a crack or they dont.

Key forward at 26 in career best form. Those opportunities are rare.
True, but I feel like the venn diagrams just don't line up, and you can't make them overlap without making an error of judgement

Strongly disagree of trading any F1 when we are already in year 1 of our rebuild.
Any rumours of Waterman to Geelong have already been firmly dismissed by club ITK's as "rumours" being cooked up by Waterman's agent to get Eagles to pay up.

Just think to yourself this.
1. Why would a WA local boy playing for his hometown team move to Victoria?
2. Why would he leave a key role he already has for a lesser role?
3. What is the incentive for Cats to do it?

Cats already have young guys in Jake's position they've put time and investment into...especially since Cats forward line is their strongest area by far.
Im not saying I think he goes, im saying if a club could get Waterman for unders like that theyd have to be happy with themselves

I can’t believe we’re even comparing Waterman to Zurhaar. One’s a 3 goal a game tall forward and the other is a forward/mid who has barely shown enough for band 2 money this year.

This is where you are getting really nervous and its showing.

Waterman is a whole 2cms taller than Zurhaar.

Ill give it to you, Waterman is having a better 2024.

But in 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2020, give me Zurhaars numbers any day of the week.

They are also the same age. Its a very fair comparison, and to be honest, Zurhaar is probably in front as it stands.

They are also the same age. It’s a very fair comparison, and to be honest, Zurhaar is probably in front as it stands.
Did you use a thesaurus to compile your first sentence? Hilarious that you’re referencing performance 4 years ago to determine today’s market value, notwithstanding the fact that Jake had a severe undiagnosed and untreated medical condition.

Do admire your gumption of lobbing a grenade in this is thread saying that the Cats have decided they’ve got our contracted player next year when no one from either club knows about it. It’s a cry for attention and fair play to you, you’ve got it.

They are also the same age. Its a very fair comparison, and to be honest, Zurhaar is probably in front as it stands.
Nervous about what exactly? He goes, we get good compo and bring Archer Reid in.

He stays and we've got a bloke who'll kick 50+ goals a season for us.

Nervous about what exactly? He goes, we get good compo and bring Archer Reid in.

He stays and we've got a bloke who'll kick 50+ goals a season for us.

How many years has he kicked 50 out of the 8 years he been in the league for?

Im not having a dig at West Coast at all. He just isnt worth what is being thrown around.

I have no issue with it. Every clubs fanbase does it. Im just passing on information from a WA based agent. That is all.

Im not having a dig at West Coast at all. He just isnt worth what is being thrown around.

I have no issue with it. Every clubs fanbase does it. Im just passing on information from a WA based agent. That is all.
How many years has he played at full forward instead of HFF/wing?

How many years has he played at full forward instead of HFF/wing?

Thats not the question. The statement was he is "a player who will kick 50 every year"

Theres literally no evidence of this.

Im not sure if West Coast supporters are aware, but you will get considerably worse before you improve. For him to kick "50 every year" would take a herculean effort.

It simply wont happen.

Thats not the question. The statement was he is "a player who will kick 50 every year"

Theres literally no evidence of this.

Im not sure if West Coast supporters are aware, but you will get considerably worse before you improve. For him to kick "50 every year" would take a herculean effort.

It simply wont happen.
At his current average, if he played every game he'd kick 67 goals for the year.

He started the same way last year before his illness ended his season.

He's kicked 48 for the season, with 3 games to go, despite missing a few games.

All this in a team that struggles to get any cohesion and decent entries inside 50.

He'll kick 50+ every year for the foreseeable future, especially if he went to a finals contender.

At his current average, if he played every game he'd kick 67 goals for the year.

He started the same way last year before his illness ended his season.

He's kicked 48 for the season, with 3 games to go, despite missing a few games.

All this in a team that struggles to get any cohesion and decent entries inside 50.

He'll kick 50+ every year for the foreseeable future, especially if he went to a finals contender.

Ill put my house on it he doesnt kick 50 goals in 2025, if he stays at West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you are wrong trying to compare him with Zurhaar.
2023 was a injury riddled year the other years he was behind Darling, Kennedy and Allen.
Who is ahead of zurhaar except Larkey.
With allen injured most of this year and Darling on his last legs waterman is coming into his own.

Well that's good for us because we don't want to trade him and like hell would we want anything less then what we rate him. Couldn't care less about what other clubs think he is worth. What does that matter for us. Regardless you are wasting oxygen talking about a fantasy. Waterman is a Eagle for life. Good luck any club trying to get him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Waterman [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back