Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there really any pressure on that deal now?

Brisbane have said they want 2 2nd round picks, and now the Treloar trade is done we have those picks... It'll be done tomorrow no dramas.
Not 2015 picks, though. They don't need them.

Sigh. Off topic but Harvey doesn't play midfield any more, Wells has barely played n two years, and Thomas, Higgins and Nahas play forward. North's best midfielders - Swallow, Cunnington, Ziebell and (unbelievably) Jacobs - are all inside. That's why it took Greenwood so long to get a run, and why there's no spot for Bastinac. We need players to get the ball and use it, which is why North went after Dal Santo and now Anderson, and why they are chasing Aish.

Anyway. I watch Collingwood all the time - the things we do for love - and I still believe Aish is a nice to have but not a need to have for either team. North, with Bastinac, has a relatively cheap way to get him - Collingwood doesn't, so I'm interested to see how much they are prepared to pay in a trade.

Aish is outside with v good skills - fits our need perfectly. Pies need better ball users

No worries chief/pal/bud/cowboy/other condescending term.[/mob, which is why they are so loved by other teams supp
2012 I think....from memory. He had a pretty good year that year after Luke Ball did his knee and Beamer was released into the midfield. So....yeah....I reckon he's got Tony Rocksmith covered....(but only by the length of the Flemington Straight);)
Still hurting over losing him?

Is there really any pressure on that deal now?

Brisbane have said they want 2 2nd round picks, and now the Treloar trade is done we have those picks... It'll be done tomorrow no dramas.

No pressure on our side, Bastinac has 2 years to run, if a deal isn't done, he ponies up for another season.

If Brisbane get Collingwood's 2nd rounders, they will be used up first paying for their academy players, they claim they have the points to cover them without Collingwood's second round picks, so they are not really offering them any value, they will be going to the draft with lower quality picks... it is why they want 2 second round picks for next year.

If Collingwood can't get a deal Brisbane want, then Aish will face the option of re-signing with Brisbane, going into the draft and rolling the dice or accept a trade to us. I think we want to see what the outcome of the Aish trade is before we decide to trade or not, or what to trade for.

I am sure Collingwood can coax a future 2nd round pick from some other club. Not a lot of time left but time to swing the deal.

Well done Pickers, that's why you are one of the best in the business.

Your move Brisbane.

Brisbane's made their move. It's now up to Collingwood.

If Bastinac wants to go to Brisbane and North and Brisbane agree on a deal there's nothing Pickering can do. There is a deal in place apparently, Bastinac, Pick 38, Pick 40 for Pick 17. The only reason North and Brisbane haven't executed that trade is because they both hope Aish will agree to a move to North. In that case, the deal will be Aish for Bastinac and a second rounder (either this year or 2016)

So Pickering is risking getting his clients where they want to go what an absolute arseclown no wonder most of his clients leave him

Risking?
He has two clients in this scenario. It's in everyone's best interests to reach an outcome not just for one of his clients.

In fact, he has a very good track record of getting his clients to where they want to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he though Brisbane could just as easily walk away from both clubs and say to Pickering **** you

Brisbane won't walk away....they want Bastinac badly. Collingwood want Aish.
Brisbane also will like Collingwood's future second rounder and possibly another.

There's no chance of Brisbane walking away from anything so Im not sure why things like this are mentioned. Talking tough doesn't get deals done.

No pressure on our side, Bastinac has 2 years to run, if a deal isn't done, he ponies up for another season.

If Brisbane get Collingwood's 2nd rounders, they will be used up first paying for their academy players, they claim they have the points to cover them without Collingwood's second round picks, so they are not really offering them any value, they will be going to the draft with lower quality picks... it is why they want 2 second round picks for next year.

If Collingwood can't get a deal Brisbane want, then Aish will face the option of re-signing with Brisbane, going into the draft and rolling the dice or accept a trade to us. I think we want to see what the outcome of the Aish trade is before we decide to trade or not, or what to trade for.

I am sure Collingwood can coax a future 2nd round pick from some other club. Not a lot of time left but time to swing the deal.

How many times does Aish have to publicly say he doesn't want to go to North though?

The Aish deal will get done just like the Treloar deal, players get to where they want to be.

Dealing with the Pies during trade week is worse than dealing with Essendon.

With the Bombers you might pay high picks for drugies + duds but at least they do it in a timely manor.

Lol we were waiting for GWS in the Treloar deal not the other way round sunshine.

GWS had to do their deal with Carlton to get the 2nd round pick to trade back to us.

That isn't speculation. Two second rounders will likely be offered at some point but Collingwood haven't offered it yet, not even in principle.
Probably, but looks like Lions are covered for this year & need points for next year, which Pies only have one they can trade. Any thoughts Pies trade a second rounder from this year to (say) Suns for a 2016 2nd rounder ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back