Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably, but looks like Lions are covered for this year & need points for next year, which Pies only have one they can trade. Any thoughts Pies trade a second rounder from this year to (say) Suns for a 2016 2nd rounder ?

You'd think the Pies are working the phones right now to try and swap a 2015 for 2016 2nd rounder.

Perhaps this mooted 3 club deal will come off.
Perhaps Aish will relent and get to North.
Perhaps the Pies/Lions negotiations result in 2 second rounders exchanging.
Perhaps the Lions accept the Freeman pick on it's own, even though it's unlikely.
Perhaps we will negotiate somewhere in between the above two.

Perhaps nothing gets done! Wouldn't bother me though, Treloar was the big fish. :D

One thing is for certain, it's going to make for a very interesting day tomorrow!

Your club is like an ex that won't go away and accept that it's over:p

Except they were never exs. They're acting the like the creepy stalker with the secret crush on the popular girl.

image-3-stalking.jpg

Brisbane won't walk away....they want Bastinac badly. Collingwood want Aish.
Brisbane also will like Collingwood's future second rounder and possibly another.

There's no chance of Brisbane walking away from anything so Im not sure why things like this are mentioned. Talking tough doesn't get deals done.
Perhaps but your probably have to get North involved for a future 2nd round pick looks like the only this trade could possibly go through

Is there really any pressure on that deal now?

Brisbane have said they want 2 2nd round picks, and now the Treloar trade is done we have those picks... It'll be done tomorrow no dramas.
No we don't. The Lions want two 2016 2nd rounders and we only have 1 available.

Perhaps this mooted 3 club deal will come off.
Perhaps Aish will relent and get to North.
Perhaps the Pies/Lions negotiations result in 2 second rounders exchanging.
Perhaps the Lions accept the Freeman pick on it's own, even though it's unlikely.
Perhaps we will negotiate somewhere in between the above two.

Perhaps nothing gets done! Wouldn't bother me though, Treloar was the big fish. :D

One thing is for certain, it's going to make for a very interesting day tomorrow!
Finally a reasonable Pies fan

We have two 2015 2nd rounders don't we? Not going to be hard to get one of the other 16 clubs to swap a 2015 for 2016.
Easier said than done. We may find it difficult to convince another club to swap seconds given the relative strengths of this and next years drafts.

How many times does Aish have to publicly say he doesn't want to go to North though?

The Aish deal will get done just like the Treloar deal, players get to where they want to be.

He said it was his preferred choice. I don't think his manager has ever said it is the only choice he will accept, Collingwood still have to offer something Brisbane want, that has nothing to do with us, if you offered Brisbane something they would value the trade would have been done a long time ago.

Our club didn't say we are only going to trade Bastinac for Aish, we just have no desire to facilitate a trade with Brisbane that gets Aish to Collingwood. I am sure the trade with Bastinac to Brisbane will still occur after the Aish trade. Some clubs just try to swing other clubs into convoluted trade deals in order that they pay under market value for their player while other clubs foot the rest of the bill. We have no desire in picking up Collingwood's tab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easier said than done. We may find it difficult to convince another club to swap seconds given the relative strengths of this and next years drafts.

We may have to downgrade a few picks or upgrade a 3rd rounder or something, but the fact we can deal with all 16 other AFL clubs in this trade makes it relatively easy to work something out with someone at least.

Well done Pickers, that's why you are one of the best in the business.

Your move Brisbane.

Seems a useless threat by Pickering. If North, Brisbane and Bastinac all agree on the trade, it happens. Pickering is in no position to stop it.

Sounds like he is absolutely packing it.

It's harder than it sounds as next year's draft is far stronger too. Hence, 28 in 2015 isn't 28 in 2016. You will need to give more in 2015 to get a 2nd in 2016.

Then your bargaining position is poor as everyone knows your desperate for a 2016 2nd. A 2016 2nd is going to be costly for this reason also.

I think North are getting ready to offer 17 and a 2016 2nd while Collingwood would aren't even close. 17 will be traded for a 2016 pick imo.

I think Aish goes to the draft.

It's harder than it sounds as next year's draft is far stronger too. Hence, 28 in 2015 isn't 28 in 2016. You will need to give more in 2015 to get a 2nd in 2016.

Then your bargaining position is poor as everyone knows your desperate for a 2016 2nd. A 2016 2nd is going to be costly for this reason also.

I think North are getting ready to offer 17 and a 2016 2nd while Collingwood would aren't even close. 17 will be traded for a 2016 pick imo.

I think Aish goes to the draft.

So getting nothing is equally as valuable or more valuable than 2 2nd round picks for the Brisbane Football Club?

Dealing with the Pies during trade week is worse than dealing with Essendon.

With the Bombers you might pay high picks for drugies + duds but at least they do it in a timely manor.
Collingwood wasn't holding up the Treloar deal. GWS was waiting to get pick 28 from Carlton today to complete the trade when they could have used their pick 27 on the first day of trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back