Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

So getting nothing is equally as valuable or more valuable than 2 2nd round picks for the Brisbane Football Club?
No but Brisbane aren't getting two at the moment. They are getting one 2016 2nd. They don't need picks this year. It's worthless to them.

At the end of the day, Brisbane need to send a message that they will play hardball for players leaving and this is the perfect opportunity. They have suffered a lot from poaching and here is a clear example where one team wants to pay unders because they decided to do other trades that prevent them from offering fair value.

So getting nothing is equally as valuable or more valuable than 2 2nd round picks for the Brisbane Football Club?

In this draft, pretty much. The Bastinac trade in itself is enough to get us the players we are targeting.

We need 2016 picks now.

Nervous desperate I'm struggling to see what you mean. No real difference in the operation.

Yeah, I'm equally confused.

I don't see how Pickering getting desperate means that Brisbane's draft threat had no effect.

The opposite if anything.

It's harder than it sounds as next year's draft is far stronger too. Hence, 28 in 2015 isn't 28 in 2016. You will need to give more in 2015 to get a 2nd in 2016.

Then your bargaining position is poor as everyone knows your desperate for a 2016 2nd. A 2016 2nd is going to be costly for this reason also.

I think North are getting ready to offer 17 and a 2016 2nd while Collingwood would aren't even close. 17 will be traded for a 2016 pick imo.

I think Aish goes to the draft.

We don't have 17, Brisbane does.

I think Collingwood will get the deal done at the end of the day. I think it is kind of stupid to do nothing for 2 weeks then try and bust a nut on the final day with a half day left to get something done. Is there any good reason the Treloar deal took as long as it did to get done?

Is it a Pickering quote though?

That article could just as easily mean we have told Brisbane we won't trade Bastinac until Aish is sorted (ie - we won't assist in getting him to Collingwood). Basti will still get to Brisbane either way.

Brisbane won't walk away....they want Bastinac badly.

They've got Bastinac. It's just a matter whether it's

1. Bastinac, 38, 40 for 17 and possibly Bewick
2. Bastinac, 38 and/or 40 for Aish
and more remotely
3. Some sort of three way trade where Brisbane get a 2016 second rounder and Bastinac, Collingwood gets Aish and North get something they consider a win for them.

Is it a Pickering quote though?

That article could just as easily mean we have told Brisbane we won't trade Bastinac until Aish is sorted (ie - we won't assist in getting him to Collingwood). Basti will still get to Brisbane either way.

Yeah that makes sense.

This is definitely going to come down to the wire.

That is obviously fine with Brisbane. If Aish gets to the Pies we want it to look like he got there by the skin of his teeth.

Seems a useless threat by Pickering. If North, Brisbane and Bastinac all agree on the trade, it happens. Pickering is in no position to stop it.

Sounds like he is absolutely packing it.
Ridiculous threat by Pickering if he made it but you can't think Lions are talking direct with Bastinac. They are talking with Pickering. Bastinac would need to sack Pickering and do his own bidding for Pickering to be on the outer.

They've got Bastinac. It's just a matter whether it's

1. Bastinac, 38, 40 for 17 and possibly Bewick
2. Bastinac, 38 and/or 40 for Aish
and more remotely
3. Some sort of three way trade where Brisbane get a 2016 second rounder and Bastinac, Collingwood gets Aish and North get something they consider a win for them.

All likely scenarios but they've got nothing until paperwork is lodged.

Perhaps this mooted 3 club deal will come off.
Perhaps Aish will relent and get to North.
Perhaps the Pies/Lions negotiations result in 2 second rounders exchanging.
Perhaps the Lions accept the Freeman pick on it's own, even though it's unlikely.
Perhaps we will negotiate somewhere in between the above two.

Perhaps nothing gets done! Wouldn't bother me though, Treloar was the big fish.

One thing is for certain, it's going to make for a very interesting day tomorrow!

tbh, I don't really want Aish, it doesn't matter if the club rates him or not if his heart isn't in it then he is unlikely going to give it everything, without a total commitment and buy-in players never deliver. Scott has always said he doesn't want any players here that don't buy into what we are doing, I am surprised he would even consider getting Aish as an option.

Seems a useless threat by Pickering. If North, Brisbane and Bastinac all agree on the trade, it happens. Pickering is in no position to stop it.

To make the statement Pickers must have the backing of Bastinac and if its true, Bastinac may be willing to hold off signing the agreement until Aish has gotten to the Pies. If Pickers can pull it off, he's going to attract a few more clients.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. My (Collingwood) partner and I were watching a Hawthorn match towards the end of the year and were saying neither of us had watched football played like that in a while - players making space and teammates with the skills to kick it right to them, instead of the bang it to contests style we have both become accustomed to.
I wish I could have those kinds of conversations with my wife about football....

All likely scenarios but they've got nothing until paperwork is lodged.

The paperwork for two of those trades is ready. Just needs to be executed and lodged. That they haven't is because for one of those Aish hasn't consented. And the second is waiting for Aish to either consent or not consent. If he doesn't consent in a timely manner, the paperwork for the other will be lodged.

Lions have Basti locked + loaded whatever happens.

We dont try and shaft teams when we deal with them.

lol who have we shafted in recent times? Save your garbage for the bay.

The paperwork for two of those trades is ready. Just needs to be executed and lodged. That they haven't is because for one of those Aish hasn't consented. And the second is waiting for Aish to either consent or not consent. If he doesn't consent in a timely manner, the paperwork for the other will be lodged.

That they haven't is because Aish hasn't consented or because Pickering isn't signing off on it?
I guess it's a matter of opinion or what you choose to believe. Your guess is as good as mine.

So many things can change on deadline day.
There's no doubt there'll be things flying around everywhere tomorrow.

Don't you think a deal will get done?

Do you want a deal to get done?

Collingwood wasn't holding up the Treloar deal. GWS was waiting to get pick 28 from Carlton today to complete the trade when they could have used their pick 27 on the first day of trade.

Seems a lot of pissing into the wind, 27 or 28?

Pickering doesn't sign off on it. Bastinac does.

Ryan Bastinac isn't at AFL House and won't be there. The player's agent is. Pickers knows Bastinac wants to go to the Lions. That consent is already clear.
Pickers though signs off the paperwork to be lodged on his client's behalf i.e tick of approval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back