Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he's got one, and i reckon it's a boy.

I'm not basing it on anything but i remember seeing him holding a baby boy on tv or somewhere and thinking 'yep, definitely pev's son' absolute chip off the old block looks wise if I haven't got my wires completely crossed

I reckon he's got one, and i reckon it's a boy.

I'm not basing it on anything but i remember seeing him holding a baby boy on tv or somewhere and thinking 'yep, definitely pev's son' absolute chip off the old block looks wise if I haven't got my wires completely crossed
Would be fair to say if Pev had a girl she would probablary look like a boy anyway, one eyebrow and all..:)

Just looking at some of the names in the baby bombers list in 15-20 years time we could almost field the 2.0 version of the all conquering 2000 team. "Luca Alessio taps the ball down and it is cleanly roved by Smokin-Joshua-Misiti who then dishes off a handball to William Hird who then does the old one-two with Tom Hird with Alex Hird providing a much needed shepherd - William Hird then spears the ball to a contest in the goalsquare with a big attempted mark from Jacob Lloyd and the ball spills to Tex Wanganeen who snaps over the shoulder to score a goal - meanwhile behind play Luke and Kurtis Barnard have started a mini fracas while Dustin and Mason Fletcher come in to settle things down ".

Although I have a feeling Alex Hird might be girl.​

Just looking at some of the names in the baby bombers list in 15-20 years time we could almost field the 2.0 version of the all conquering 2000 team. "Luca Alessio taps the ball down and it is cleanly roved by Smokin-Joshua-Misiti who then dishes off a handball to William Hird who then does the old one-two with Tom Hird with Alex Hird providing a much needed shepherd - William Hird then spears the ball to a contest in the goalsquare with a big attempted mark from Jacob Lloyd and the ball spills to Tex Wanganeen who snaps over the shoulder to score a goal - meanwhile behind play Luke and Kurtis Barnard have started a mini fracas while Dustin and Mason Fletcher come in to settle things down ".

thats unreal
alex hird's a boy :drunk:

yep he can go and play for Port after he has won a brownlow and a premiership with the bombers.
Similar to his dad, 6 years with us, Brownlow, Flag, go to Port and get a flag

Jake Long lives!

12 touches, 50% effective, 3 handball receives, 3 marks, 2 tackles for the NT in one of those funky 'state v tac cup side' games.

NT lost the game by 109 points by the way, so that was actually one of the better stat lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love that Dustin is still playing. Classic.

going off the reports on blitz he acquitted himself well, so it seems as though Jake Long is now a thing that could happen.

I still think if we want him we'll get him one way or another, but we'll see what happens.

He's a difficult one to get a read on just because he's been bouncing around different comps (NTFL U18s, U18 champs, Scotch, Tac cup and now VFL in the last 2 years), I couldn't even tell you how tall he is for certain, could be 180-181, could be as short as 176

going off the reports on blitz he acquitted himself well, so it seems as though Jake Long is now a thing that could happen.

I still think if we want him we'll get him one way or another, but we'll see what happens.

He's a difficult one to get a read on just because he's been bouncing around different comps (NTFL U18s, U18 champs, Scotch, Tac cup and now VFL in the last 2 years), I couldn't even tell you how tall he is for certain, could be 180-181, could be as short as 176

Have we had a hand in him being hidden? Or just coincidence?

Have we had a hand in him being hidden? Or just coincidence?

There are no coincidences. Although there was an unfortunate ankle injury that kept him out of the state carnival this year, and a collarbone that did for him last year

If no one bids for him, which is a good chance, can automatically take him with our final rookie pick (if he accepts which of course he will)

we either nominate him for the national draft or for the rookie draft at the outset. If we go national then we run the risk of losing him if someone bids a pick before where our 2nd rounder would be if we had one, which at this stage is 32ish (that part is heresay, someone claims that Patrick Keane clarified it on twitter but I haven't found it), any bid later than that can be matched by our 3rd round pick, 4th round pick etc.

If we nominate him as a f/s rookie, then there's no bidding system, he's open slather for the national draft. But if he's not taken in the national draft then he's ours, and can be had with our last pick in the rookie draft.

We can bid with anything but the compo pick, right?

correct.

Gut feel is last round of the national draft ala a Dylan Buckley or Jed Bews

Got a text message that might interest some people.

Ben Hardwick (son of) has apparently won the bnf for his u17 colts league playing for Ormond. Watch this space maybe, he might get a run for the Dragons next year or the one after and he is of course F/S eligible for us but not Port.

Got a text message that might interest some people.

Ben Hardwick (son of) has apparently won the bnf for his u17 colts league playing for Ormond. Watch this space maybe, he might get a run for the Dragons next year or the one after and he is of course F/S eligible for us but not Port.

Just saw that on twitter. Any ideas on what type of player he is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back