News James Mcdonald to Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was told by someone who knows people at Carlton that Ratten has been told that he needs to make a Prelim to get a contract for 2012.
I thought it was rubbish, but with every player being linked to Carlton and then hearing this that James McDonald might be signed up by Carlton and it seems that what he said might have some merit.

I have to believe we, as a club, are not stupid enough to set goals for Ratten that would cause him to sacrifice/threaten our ultimate goal (#17!) in favour of quick-wins. If we were truly goaling Ratten to (effectively) take short-cuts and win now, I would be at the front of the angry mob burning Princes Park to the ground.

Swann is just playing it down so Voss doesn't pinch McDonald from us!

The Dogs have signed Montgomery and the Saints signed Harvey, so maybe we shouldn't be hasty in questioning the appointment of Barker.

The article that mentioned Montgomery joining the Dogs also mentioned the possibility of Lappin joining the Pies.

Clubs want our reject coaches.

And we shouldnt get too despondent on the Grigg stuff yet. Club is actually more optimistic than a week ago. Tigers are into him and have offered him more money, and that's the major sticking point now. Today's story is pure player manager pressure i'd say.

He wont be going to Richmond until that old fool KB makes his normal call around this time of year. Whats his favourite line again? box seat or something..

Not saying that there is nothing in this BUT I have been on the phone to 3 senior officials (not Swann) today and they all say (a) it's news to them and (b) they're totally opposed to the idea. So chill people

Thank you Eric and thank the Lord that this isn't happening. We have all been waiting for a decent name to be linked to the club but this gave me a nosebleed

Not saying that there is nothing in this BUT I have been on the phone to 3 senior officials (not Swann) today and they all say (a) it's news to them and (b) they're totally opposed to the idea. So chill people

That is exactly what Greg Swann said this morning on SEN :thumbsu:

FFS a 34yo :rolleyes:

Interesting that the article has no journo's name on it.
Reeks of Fatpr*ck Smith :mad:

It would be good though to see someone in our midfield lay a tackle if Junior came down.

Would love to see what we would like like if our midfield started working both ways

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swann has already hosed this one down.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ut-of-retirement/story-e6frf9jf-1225932184327

As Aph has stated, more likely we were interested in him as a coach not a player.

Why would anyone listen to anything the Aust has to say anyway, besides employing Fat Pat, they know as much about AFL as we do about Curling.

Time to close the thread down.

Exactly 30yr, as I stated in a previous post, that article reeks of Fatpr*ck Smith :rolleyes:

In Swann we trust !!!!!!! :thumbsu:

swann-300910-246-1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Mcdonald to Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back