News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully doesn't cost much, he should've been what we used pick 25 for and then a 3rd for ANB but sounds like we've agreed to giving up 25 to Melbourne. He's a decent get, well done to Nicks and whoever else spoke to him.

Drafting poorly has allowed us all this cap space.

I reckon Kingsly stuffed up dropping him mid year, I brought him in for Fantasy and he was good, then shocked he got dropped in the bye rounds.

Genuine question… where does he sit re talent? Is he a better player than Berry? Dowling? Hinge? Soligo?

Better than Berry for sure.
Maybe less upside than Soligo but currently better than him
Dowling hasn't been given a proper crack at this position he was drafted in so wait and see.
Cumming is better than Hinge but not sure how to compare him with Peatling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[QUOTE="Jcpdragonx, post: 85624501, member: 105164"

I reckon Kingsly stuffed up dropping him mid year, I brought him in for Fantasy and he was good, then shocked he got dropped in the bye rounds.
[/QUOTE]
GWS have a stacked midfield and it was just a matter of who they could bring back in. Someone has to make way.

What was clear is that Peatling grabbed what opportunities he was given with both hands and then some. There’s a reason why 6 or so clubs were chasing him.

It’s strange that he wasn’t on the radar prior to this year though. I remember Jack Steele getting 40 possessions a week in The Giants twos, and limited opportunities.

Peatling is a great pick up for us and he goes straight into the mid rotations. Stoked that he’s coming to us.

How do we get this trade done???.. especially as we have to get NB done too..

Maybe..

Adelaide give
North 2024 pick 4 and
2025 F1..

North give
2024 pick 2 and
2024 pick 22

Adelaide use
Pick 2 on Draper
22 on peatling
Their own second on Neal bullen

Adding draper, cummings and Peatling this year to a midfield mix with rankine, rachele, dawson, curtin and soligo… with Neal Bullen booting Murphy out of our forward line/mid rotations… sounds pretty awesome to me so I wouldnt care too much about not having a first rounder in the bank for next year.. as that first next year could end up in the early teens anyways.

Thats a good get for Adelaide, in addition to ANB and Pick 4 things are looking rosy again.

And apparently Clayton Oliver is available again.

ANB, Cumming, Peating is very good. No point leaving our excess money unspent, and we need list turnover, experience and talent. We get that from these three, even though they don’t seem like AA level players.

I guess you could say this is “aggressive”.

it would nice if we could make a huge pile of money turn into a Jeremy Cameron, or Dangerfield, or Bailey Smith kind of signing, but again, you gotta take who you can get.

Genuine question… where does he sit re talent? Is he a better player than Berry? Dowling? Hinge? Soligo?
It’s hard to compare him to Dowling as Billy is a few years behind in development. I reckon Dowling will become a good player for us.

Hinge isn’t a clearance/centre square mid. Soligo is probably the player most like Peatling that we currently have.

Peatling is quicker than all four.

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back