News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt it given how many big deals are still to be done. AFL wouldn’t like it that trade week has been a piss take so far with **** all done, makes a mockery of it
The AFL design it to be a pisstake, drag out as many deals as possible to keep as many supporter bases as possible listening. Probably get a few deals drip fed tomorrow and then all the big ones 5 minutes before the deadline on Wednesday night.

The AFL design it to be a pisstake, drag out as many deals as possible to keep as many supporter bases as possible listening. Probably get a few deals drip fed tomorrow and then all the big ones 5 minutes before the deadline on Wednesday night.
Yep, can't even lodge trades on Wednesday before 2pm to build the run-up to the evening deadline.

I reckon there’s too much conspiracy theory going on. Some of these deals are quite complex and are involve clubs wanting to win which drags them out.

I reckon there’s too much conspiracy theory going on. Some of these deals are quite complex and are involve clubs wanting to win which drags them out.

Exactly. It’s human nature to use the maximum time available to push for a better outcome.

Some real tin foil hat action going on in this thread.

It's not though, even the media have confirmed the AFL stage manage it. There was no point to that first week at all other than getting clicks and listens from supporters. The sooner the AFL move with the times and allow clubs to actively discuss trades at any time of year without having to keep it confidential (and even agree to them officially like the NRL), the better the competition will be.

It's not though, even the media have confirmed the AFL stage manage it. There was no point to that first week at all other than getting clicks and listens from supporters. The sooner the AFL move with the times and allow clubs to actively discuss trades at any time of year without having to keep it confidential (and even agree to them officially like the NRL), the better the competition will be.
I’ve missed the media confirming its stage managed and backing it up. Who said it?

Don't they do something on the final day where the AFL shuts down until 3pm so they can announce a flurry of deals in the last 2 hours?
Yeah on the last day, BACCS is saying deals are done during the week leading up to it to release on the last day and that’s why it’s quite.

I think clubs want more and that’s why trades are done as a rush

I don't think that's right,I think it comes off whatever your first round pick is, in this case off our first round points.

No - it comes off the round he was bid on.

However we still have enough points to cover a bid from 49. I think it will be a moot point

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly. It’s human nature to use the maximum time available to push for a better outcome.

Some real tin foil hat action going on in this thread.

Same way every mediation to resolve Court proceedings takes the entire day, and then some. You will never see it settle in the morning - without fail it takes the entire time that is possible, and the real offers end up coming hard and fast in the last hour or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seem to be getting a bit cute IMO.
Who knows, the last tweet I read had a stand alone offering a future 2nd?

Initially seemed like it was going to a straight forward trade. Wonder if the bombers are sniffing around now wanting all of the spoils GWS receive for Peatling?

Nah this is fine. Let GWS sweat a bit

I wouldn’t be upset if we went with the straight swap in the end though
Why would they sweat exactly?

We want their player, desperately it seems given we topped all other interested clubs offers?

Why would they sweat exactly?

We want their player, desperately it seems given we topped all other interested clubs offers?
If possible, it’d be in the best interests of the club to have as good a hand of picks next year as possible. Giants would still be losing him for nothing if they walked him to the PSD, which I doubt they’d want

FWIW I think it ends up being the straight swap

We seem to want to keep a F2. Could it be because it means we can then still trade our F1 on draft night if a player we want is available? Can we not upgrade a rookie (Keane) and have an extra pick? Or do we just not have that list flexiblity?
OR, could it be we have the makings of a deal with North to trade up to pick 2 from pick 4 for say Draper and we need an F2 to do that?, understanding that if Draper is not what North are seeking and they are happy with any of Smith FOS or Lalor, they get an F2 for free essentially.

We seem to want to keep a F2. Could it be because it means we can then still trade our F1 on draft night if a player we want is available? Can we not upgrade a rookie (Keane) and have an extra pick? Or do we just not have that list flexiblity?

I won't be for an extra pick but it does provide some flexibility.

It could be be we think we will need our F2 in 12 months either to trade or move up the order.

Have we traded out an F3 because you can’t trade a F1 then either can you?

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back