News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

An interesting suggestion I read elsewhere: maybe this trade is how we can crack open our FF and get a second first-round pick this year? It's been reported by Twomey et al that we're interested in Pick 12. Why not have a crack at the compo pick that GWS just got for Perryman? The club staff would all have each other on speed-dial by now anyway.

Something like F1 for Peatling & 16, maybe with a bit more going their way to help with matching bids on Academy guys next year.

An interesting suggestion I read elsewhere: maybe this trade is how we can crack open our FF and get a second first-round pick this year? It's been reported by Twomey et al that we're interested in Pick 12. Why not have a crack at the compo pick that GWS just got for Perryman? The club staff would all have each other on speed-dial by now anyway.

Something like F1 for Peatling & 16, maybe with a bit more going their way to help with matching bids on Academy guys next year.
16 and Peatling for a speculative pick. Seems a bit farfetched. Realistically it'd be a mid 20s pick at best.
I'm still a bit confused as how this deal happens atm

16 and Peatling for a speculative pick. Seems a bit farfetched. Realistically it'd be a mid 20s pick at best.
I'm still a bit confused as how this deal happens atm
Perhaps, but it's been mooted that we're interested in securing a second first-rounder, so we'll probably kick some tires. If that gets a bit complicated then we'll probably just offer our F2.

Data Recovery Vintage GIF

Just tried searching for Murphy's highlights
try "Jordan-Dawson-after-siren-showdown-goal"

I have it on good authority he spat it when he was moved to defence, Nicks was not terribly happy with his reaction and actually said "Well mate, if you don't like it theres the door".
I have it on better authority that he asked to be moved back to defence.
Good team man, Laird.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

2 issues are:

• contract value of 800k+ ish means it’s effectively a salary dump IMO. I can’t see how anyone trades for him with anything meaningful (second rounder or better) AND pay his total salary.
  • Rory as an introverted character who is settled in his home state would almost certainly poo poo the idea anyway

The second point is more relevant given he is contracted. He ain’t going anywhere.

The deal would be so shit for Adelaide that it wouldn't even be worth doing but I think you could get Laird agree to a trade. You just tell the bloke he has a choice to play AFL elsewhere or SANFL for us. I think Laird has a bit of an ego and would see playing SANFL as below him.

Imagine having a regular weekly spot on SEN and playing SANFL?

Yeh, I can just imagine him being a leaker given how easily he threw Rachele under the bus.

I have it on good authority he spat it when he was moved to defence, Nicks was not terribly happy with his reaction and actually said "Well mate, if you don't like it theres the door".
If true, Laird should have been dropped!

Yet we dropped Rachele for far less & Laird made it worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could be true OR it could be total fabrication ... BUT Laird's on-field attitude once he went back to defence supports option A !!

And you know the old saying... everything before BUT is bulldust!

Looks like a great addition - adds pressure to the stalwarts and forces the midfield coaches to reassess their approach (it's the offseason, I'm allowed to be optimistic).

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back