Jared Petrenko

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey how many games to go till he gets to 50?

As it stands 12, this thread should be turned into a countdown.:D

As for mouthing off I seem to remember hearing on the Footy Show years ago it being said that Brisbane during their better years actually had detailed reports written in anticipation of games that identified which players played better or worse when provoked verbally. They believed it gave them an edge so for them the concept of 'earning' the right to do so wasn't relevant.

As for the Petrenko incident, it's not like he is a known pest or anything. He did it to defend a team mate, the same team mate who defended him in the MMC grand final. That's the sort of sentiment that has been missing from our team for far too long.

macca, best sledge you got, and gave?

Geez there was a million of them your kingship. :D

Of course there was the old "I f....d your mother last night" - copped that one many many times. Used to answer that one with "oh, you're the one she said had a one inch dick" :D

Can't say most of the things I said because they'd be censored or regarded as very poor PC today. I usually had up to a dozen players on the other side after my blood verbally and physically by the end of a game. Loved it - picked up a heap of free kicks that way too.

My coaches used to encourage it too!! lol

Vader needed a player to make an early negative call on. It was a gamble for Vads, but worth it. Nothing to lose, a reputation to gain. This could see him remembered as the remarkable man from Canberra, who had never seen a live game of football, but correctly identified x player as not up to snuff while most others considered him a likely prospect. A veritably solid 25n.o. to point back to when cornered during a future debate, to say that he has runs on the board as an armchair recruiter. Out of the hat a name was plucked, "Jared Petrenko", and so Vader's quest to be listened to began.

But Pets had other ideas. It turned out he was actually a legend. It was as if he had been sent to earth, his name written onto an enchanted scrap of paper and guided into Vader's hand to be plucked from that fateful hat, specifically to make a fool of him. The perfect storm - Vader knowing he couldn't concede and jump ship, for it would destroy any chance he had at credibility forever; but that he would also look sillier and sillier the more he tried to stand by his opinion. Truly a sword with so many edges you've no alternative but to concede that you will be sliced up.

In all seriousness...while it's perfectly harmless to poke light hearted fun at Vader's tirade against Pets, I think it's important to retain a bit of perspective here. Vader is the unfortunate victim of an enchanted hat, and his story will forever stand as an example of what can happen when you play around with things you don't understand.

So how many posts do I need to make before I can call out a mod for posting bullshit?

Seriously you use whatever you have to get the advantage on the football field. If you get in their head and they take their focus off the game for one second you've started winning. Eventually their focus isn't just on the game anymore it's on you.

Have you ever played a game of football of dark one?

So how many posts do I need to make before I can call out a mod for posting bullshit?

Seriously you use whatever you have to get the advantage on the football field. If you get in their head and they take their focus off the game for one second you've started winning. Eventually their focus isn't just on the game anymore it's on you.

Have you ever played a game of football of dark one?

I have no issue with what Pets did but the above could be argued that this is what Lake achieved, maybe not intentionally.

No reason why mods should be immune to having bullshit called whenever it's due. That includes me. Just play the ball & not the man and you'll never get into trouble for it.
Fair call. Not sure that that's the case here.. but I don't have a problem with the use of sledging to put an opponent mentally off their game.

Blight in the Poowertiser this morning reckons Pets could be the next Rioli. Guess he sees more in him than some. ;)

Haha, as much as I love Pets that call is a bit out there. I still think he'll end up in the back lines playing the same role as Johncock who also started his career as a forward albeit a far more effective attacking forward.

Vader needed a player to make an early negative call on. It was a gamble for Vads, but worth it. Nothing to lose, a reputation to gain. This could see him remembered as the remarkable man from Canberra, who had never seen a live game of football, but correctly identified x player as not up to snuff while most others considered him a likely prospect. A veritably solid 25n.o. to point back to when cornered during a future debate, to say that he has runs on the board as an armchair recruiter. Out of the hat a name was plucked, "Jared Petrenko", and so Vader's quest to be listened to began.

But Pets had other ideas. It turned out he was actually a legend. It was as if he had been sent to earth, his name written onto an enchanted scrap of paper and guided into Vader's hand to be plucked from that fateful hat, specifically to make a fool of him. The perfect storm - Vader knowing he couldn't concede and jump ship, for it would destroy any chance he had at credibility forever; but that he would also look sillier and sillier the more he tried to stand by his opinion. Truly a sword with so many edges you've no alternative but to concede that you will be sliced up.

In all seriousness...while it's perfectly harmless to poke light hearted fun at Vader's tirade against Pets, I think it's important to retain a bit of perspective here. Vader is the unfortunate victim of an enchanted hat, and his story will forever stand as an example of what can happen when you play around with things you don't understand.
LOL this is amazingly good!!! :D :thumbsu:

Or...as Dwayno would say, "SCARY GOOD". :D

Petrenko only got in the face of Lake because Lake got stuck into Walker for his previously missed shot on goal.
Then when Walker kicked the goal Pets just gave it back to Lake......I liked it and though Lake deserved what he got.

10/10 from me :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I was down that end and Lake was giving it to Walker after the missed shot, so Pets gave it back after Walker kicked the next one.

I was even giving it Lake when Walker kicked it.

I dont mind when a player gets in the face of another. But Petrenko's act after a goal was kicked reminded me of Cornes/Tredrea/Surjan It was Port Power like.... And what was worse the game was still in the balance...

It's going to take a while a adjust to football post Neil Craig, but I would rather see this than running around like emotionless crowbots as we were previously doing.

Edited for accuracy

Yeh I don't quite get the double standards on this board. Everybody had a big fap when Sloane (playing in game 15) got stuck into Goddard in round 22 2010. I guess some guys are just more white than others.

Lets face it - we just like our black players to be humble and know their place.
No room for any too-big-for-their boots like Petrenko.
:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it comes to w***ers, Dermott Brereton is almost in a league of his own.

Get a few runs on the board before Petrenko should dare to mouth off at Lake??

FFS, let's get serious. EVERY player on the ground has the right to mouth off if they want, be it game 1 or game 300.

Vader, please show me the mouthing of rule book which says that a younger player can't sledge a senior player!! FFS You sledge everybody if you get a chance!!

Yes, you then have to cop it either verbally or physically yourself when you do, but that was a part of footy that I loved when I played.

Well done Petrenko, I say!! :)

Spot on Macca. What crap from Dermie. Great stuff from Petrenko, passiona and fire and sticking up for his mate. Seriously some people need to lighten up. Vader you are blindsided on this Petrenko issue.

I'd see things in a different light if this were true.. but it's highly unlikely as MarcusP2 showed.

I'm enjoying seeing 22 of them playing with a passion and enjoyment of the game that I hadn't seen for several seasons. That doesn't excuse an act of petulance such as Petrenko's.

It wasn't petulant. It was exultant. He knew the game was won. I will buy you a dictionary.

I was down that end and Lake was giving it to Walker after the missed shot, so Pets gave it back after Walker kicked the next one.

I was even giving it Lake when Walker kicked it.

It's going to take a while a adjust to football post Neil Craig, but I would rather see this than running around like emotionless crowbots as we were previously doing.

Hi! Relapse
Were you able to hear what Lake said to Petrenko. From reading his lips it seemed that he was saying "come back here and say that again" as Petrenko was running away.

Blight in the Poowertiser this morning reckons Pets could be the next Rioli. Guess he sees more in him than some. ;)

Blighty never said that the headline did and Bighty doesn't write the headline, the Craptiser does

All Bighty was saying is that he would like Pets to play the ball first and man second and if he does this more improvement will come

Bump

Before Vader gets a chance to.

Oh Jared... that soccer :eek:

Ordinary game in general but that one moment will separate your ordinary game from most other players who were equally bad.

Anywho, before Vader starts fapping I'll get to the point. I was watching a few games over the weekend and reading Blight's Cyril comparison, I started thinking that he's setting his sights on the wrong player.

Andrew Carrazzo.

That's the type of player we should be turning him into. We don't really have a genuine defensive midfielder at the moment. Occasionally someone like VB or Sloane seem to take on a more defensive mindset but I think both are better suited to other roles.

The role has changed since the Shirley days of being just a stopper. Carrazzo still has games where he racks up numbers going the other way.
Carrazzo has found himself a niche in what is a very talented midfield so there is a role for this type of player. His disposal is a little suspect which is a knock on Petrenko as well.

Doughty is playing further down back and we've thankfully put an end to Reilly's comical attempts the last few seasons. There is a spot there I reckon that would better suit his strengths. He's banked enough preseasons now for fitness not to be the issue it once was too.

Again another case of playing a guy in the wrong position. patrenko is a backman. he should be playing Johncock position or where they wrongly played Martin today in the backlines. He is better running at the play

Though Petrenko was one of our better players in the first half. I've noticed this year that he has the very useful ability to weight a ball over a defender's head when kicking to a forward who is peeling back towards goal. Did it twice today that stick in my mind, unfortunately Tippett misread the second one.

The soccer was ugly, but you could see what was happening in his mind. Bounce wasn't nice, shit, if I bend down to pick this one up that tackle's coming, I'll move it past the oncoming player.... whoops!! :eek:

Bump

Before Vader gets a chance to.

Oh Jared... that soccer :eek:

Ordinary game in general but that one moment will separate your ordinary game from most other players who were equally bad.

Anywho, before Vader starts fapping I'll get to the point. I was watching a few games over the weekend and reading Blight's Cyril comparison, I started thinking that he's setting his sights on the wrong player.

Andrew Carrazzo.

That's the type of player we should be turning him into. We don't really have a genuine defensive midfielder at the moment. Occasionally someone like VB or Sloane seem to take on a more defensive mindset but I think both are better suited to other roles.

The role has changed since the Shirley days of being just a stopper. Carrazzo still has games where he racks up numbers going the other way.
Carrazzo has found himself a niche in what is a very talented midfield so there is a role for this type of player. His disposal is a little suspect which is a knock on Petrenko as well.

Doughty is playing further down back and we've thankfully put an end to Reilly's comical attempts the last few seasons. There is a spot there I reckon that would better suit his strengths. He's banked enough preseasons now for fitness not to be the issue it once was too.
This is what we have VB for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Petrenko

Remove this Banner Ad

Back