Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Norths first will be enough. dont think to many will be 'angry' just a bit disappointed to loose him
I mean if you read through the thread there are at least 2-3 Port fans adamant they should be getting pick 9 AND something else which is just not going to happen. I suppose 'disappointed' is a better word to use

I mean if you read through the thread there are at least 2-3 Port fans adamant they should be getting pick 9 AND something else which is just not going to happen. I suppose 'disappointed' is a better word to use

long way to go yet, plenty of water under the bridge to go.
In a fair world yes hes worth more but pick 9 in this draft isnt the end of the world. have assets then to move up the draft and other players i think will be used for currency.
Again, not great timing, not ideal for us, but hardly the end of the world

Na, he'll go for their 1st but North would get points back for Tarryn Thomas. Though getting more wouldn't be a surprise it's North Melbourne the most desperate team in AFL to sign anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that mean every Port player that leaves a great player?

I just don’t think he makes a big difference in a team commonly enough

Don't be stupid, of course it doesn't. Its a very good point though, SA footballer are notoriously underrated by those in Vic.

Watch him more closely, Polec is a very very good footballer. I just hope the club do enough to keep him.

I honestly laugh at people mentioning the PSD as a viable way of securing a player these day. Just doesn’t happen. Club are wary or burning bridges and most players don’t seem exactly keen on the idea themselves.

Cue the Nick Stevens/Kurt Tippett mentions

It's very rare, but if Polec wants to leave for money that Port won't/can't pay him, and a trade isn't worked out, then it becomes a viable option.

Overwhelmingly, clubs do a deal.

We geniuses here at bigfooty debate the cost.

Ben Jacobs says hi

I think it's worth mentioning that Jacobs never chose to be at Port and wanted out because off the train wreck we were at the time. Polec on the other hand wanted to be here requesting a trade, where he'd be in his home state and playing finals.

Polec isn't the sort of guy to have that sort of betrayal in him. At the end of the day he still greatly loves the club and fans, but when the opportunity for a bigger payday and longer garenteed future is offered who wouldn't chase that?

Though it is funny that less then a week ago his old coach resigned at Port (Michael Voss) and last season we signed Tom Rockliff who was very outspoken towards Polec leaving the Lions. Though if that is the reason you heard it here first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Back