Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

$600k is meh.... bugger all.. second rounder at best..

Port must only be paying him around $450-$500k now if they can’t even find a measly $100k to match, or get a little closer, to north’s offer.. so either they are lowballing him or don’t rate him very highly..

The hook in the contract is that North will be front loading it at $1 million for the first year, then it's 5 x $500K.

Port can't match it.

can’t lowball someone then turn around when another club sniffs around him and say “he’s worth a heap, give us your best draft pick”!!...

Of course not. It's fanboy drivel.

You're not serious right ? 3 of those 4 guys had bigger offers from other clubs but chose Port for less.

They're spuds.

Remember if you can't fork over enough to keep Polec, it's because your club is paying these blokes.

Great list management Port.:thumbsu:

A Port supporter big noting about drafting? Am I reading this right?

serveimage
That’s the most unusual thing about this whole Polec saga.. port threw a heap of money at a few spuds (pictured) that no one wanted... yet they are unwilling to throw a few extra bickies at Polec??.. a bloke who loves the club, performs better and more consistently than those pictured here and is a South Aussie product...

Makes absolutely no sense at all.

He’ll re-sign before the finals.

How long has it been since anyone good chose your team?

Ben Brown decided to sign on so fair to say 17 clubs failed that day. No different than us missing Dusty is It?

Apart from that recent enough Ahern and Anderson chose North and they're ****ing great . Although peeps don't want to acknowledge that cause it ruins a good story

Let's break this down to some basic facts.

Port Adelaide rate Polec as a 3 x $500K investment.

This is basically a 3rd tier contract.

Yet some of you folks reckon he is worth pick 8-10 alone or higher? Can you see how that makes no sense to a lot of people?

Snake......

I havent read back through the whole thread to see what you might have previously suggested, but interested to hear what you think Polec is worth a the trade table, nothwithstanding DFA etc.

I think he would be a very good acquisition for North, and if you are going to pay a bloke 700K pa for 5 years, then you have to pay the price at the trade table.
Especially with the prospect of proposed rule changes etc. A hard running, line breaking outside player with a long leg will be very good for any team.
I would have Polec in the frame for AA this year - more likely in the squad of 40 than the final team, but capable nonetheless.

As a single pick trade, I would suggest a late first rounder - maybe 15 ish.
I would be happy if my club offered our first rounder - which I am expecting to be about pick 12 - with a late pick back from Port - in the mid/late 50s.

i think he would be a very good pick up for you
Interested in your thoughts

Personally hope North get him. Would be nice to see them land SOMEONE. Also a lot better than Jasper Pittard which was the rumour this time last year.
If the other rumours come true regarding Josh Kelly then the Roos will have a mighty fine midfield at their disposal in a couple of years. Higgins, Cunnington, Kelly, Polec, Ziebs, LDU, Simpkin, Ahern... just to name a few. Those latter three with an extra couple of years of development under their belt. The ageing but quality stars to compliment them.

Ben Brown decided to sign on so fair to say 17 clubs failed that day. No different than us missing Dusty is It?

Apart from that recent enough Ahern and Anderson chose North and they're ******* great . Although peeps don't want to acknowledge that cause it ruins a good story
Ahaha. North are so bad that they call Anderson good. Ben Brown doesn't count either you already had him. No one else wanted Ahern and he'd never get a game at the Giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port can force him to go in to the draft...............where he'll be a free agent.:rolleyes:
I seriously doubt they are that stupid.
They did it to Nick Stevens ..
He is not a free agent if he goes into the draft. First Club that picks him in the draft, that's were he will end up.
Looks like Carlton has first pick.

$600k is meh.... bugger all.. second rounder at best..

Port must only be paying him around $450-$500k now if they can’t even find a measly $100k to match, or get a little closer, to north’s offer.. so either they are lowballing him or don’t rate him very highly..

can’t lowball someone then turn around when another club sniffs around him and say “he’s worth a heap, give us your best draft pick”!!...
I don’t think it’s the cash per year as I think Polec would stay with us for less, I think it’s the length of contract which we would be reluctant to match.

Mcclure is one of many to report it.
McClure???... this moron?....

19E42F17-F111-4A4B-B102-2E101405DA78.jpeg

Oh please.. do tell us all what he’s gotten right in recent times.. and WTF is that on his head?..

He was perfectly skewered by Browny just the other week.. exposed for the fraud he is on live television.

Do you mean trading?
2017 - Rockliff
2016 - 2 Firsts
2015 - Dixon
2014 - Ryder
We've done way better then North did in landing big names except '16 when Port focused on the draft and got SPP and Marshall.
Unprecedented way better trading - all for 1 extra win this year.

Congrates on your big names.

Snake......

I havent read back through the whole thread to see what you might have previously suggested, but interested to hear what you think Polec is worth a the trade table, nothwithstanding DFA etc.

This is a complex answer, dependent upon who has the leverage and where a side is at the time.

All things being equal he's probably a late teens pick in this draft..

That’s the most unusual thing about this whole Polec saga.. port threw a heap of money at a few spuds (pictured) that no one wanted... yet they are unwilling to throw a few extra bickies at Polec??.. a bloke who loves the club, performs better and more consistently than those pictured here and is a South Aussie product...

Makes absolutely no sense at all.

They have stuffed up badly.

The lucky break for them is that they can trade back in to a gun draft.

He’ll re-sign before the finals.

Possibly. I won't lose sleep over it. Someone else will come knocking for that pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Back