Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They have stuffed up badly.

The lucky break for them is that they can trade back in to a gun draft.
Not really Watts is partially being paid by Melbourne, Rockliff is worth his coin and Motlop is just a complete fat waste who has 1 good moment a game. The rest can be delisted by the end of the year.

I don’t think it’s the cash per year as I think Polec would stay with us for less, I think it’s the length of contract which we would be reluctant to match.
Why??... he’s 25 years old FFS, not 30!... easily get another 5-7 years out of him.... and the way all the port supporters here are carrying on he’ll be your best and fairest winner in 4 of those years!!.

Why would they not give him a longer contract and a little bit more cash... he’s worth it right?... or is he about to fall off a cliff and only port know about it?.. like i said... makes absolutely no sense at all.

Why??... he’s 25 years old FFS, not 30!... easily get another 5-7 years out of him.... and the way all the port supporters here are carrying on he’ll be your best and fairest winner in 4 of those years!!.

Why would they not give him a longer contract and a little bit more cash... he’s worth it right?... or is he about to fall off a cliff and only port know about it?.. like i said... makes absolutely no sense at all.
It's not that he's bad but because of guys like Lobbe, Pitatd and Hartlett port hate giving massive long term deals. And North are offering 1 million in the first year.

This is a complex answer, dependent upon who has the leverage and where a side is at the time.

All things being equal he's probably a late teens pick in this draft..

Fair......I would suggest more mid teens, but late teens is not far off the mark

Definitely not worth 2 (late) first rounders...........as some have perhaps suggested.......that is just fanciful.
Similarly, worth more than a 2nd round pick.

I have no doubt your first is part of the trade........just a matter of what you get back.....which I think will be in the 40s

Take it and run I say......will be a good pickup

I'm done here me thinks.

Ahaha. North are so bad that they call Anderson good. Ben Brown doesn't count either you already had him. No one else wanted Ahern and he'd never get a game at the Giants.

Errrr Anderson is the mainstay for us this year in mid. Ahern new but is already settle and looks like a ten yr player. HarTung off a wing, Marley back pocket. Dirt cheap so good

I have no doubt your first is part of the trade........just a matter of what you get back.....which I think will be in the 40s

Take it and run I say......will be a good pickup

Pick 33.

Port still do very well in the trade.

They'll pick up Hately or Rozee & there won't be too much wailing if that happens.

How is highlighting 6 consequence pick 10’s from a period where they have played enough games to know where they are at disingenuous?

Trying to cherrypick players by selecting in hindsight while labeling my effort disingenuous is freaking bizarre

Also, plenty of people think he is worth your first. Including plenty of north fans. I think it is well unders

Lol. Taking the piss.

Feel free to make a list of outside running mids with good ball use who can win their own ball that are better or as good as Polec.. I would love to see this dime a dozen list.

Is your argument really that port forgot about Polec?

What are you saying?

I’ve already said that there has been zero. Yes zero talk that we cannot afford Polec in the cap. We haven’t forgotten he exists. We haven’t maxed out south Australia’s pop and have to trade one person for another when we bring players over

North are going ballistic for any good player available. Port have made it clear we will not get into a crazy bidding war for him. The ball is in polecs court and he has said himself he wants to stay here.
Adelaide has two in Seedsman and Smith. Seedsman has had a better year, and Smith is a better player.
Next.

Snake......

I havent read back through the whole thread to see what you might have previously suggested, but interested to hear what you think Polec is worth a the trade table, nothwithstanding DFA etc.

I think he would be a very good acquisition for North, and if you are going to pay a bloke 700K pa for 5 years, then you have to pay the price at the trade table.
Especially with the prospect of proposed rule changes etc. A hard running, line breaking outside player with a long leg will be very good for any team.
I would have Polec in the frame for AA this year - more likely in the squad of 40 than the final team, but capable nonetheless.

As a single pick trade, I would suggest a late first rounder - maybe 15 ish.
I would be happy if my club offered our first rounder - which I am expecting to be about pick 12 - with a late pick back from Port - in the mid/late 50s.

i think he would be a very good pick up for you
Interested in your thoughts
By way of comparison, Seedsman's year until he got injured was on track for AA squad. He plays the same position as Polec. I think they compare pretty similarly as players in that they are a metres gained type with long kicking legs and they generally hit targets - Polec has averaged a few more possessions per game this year, seedsman slightly more on the goals per game and both very close on metres gained. Their career stats are quite close and they are of a very similar age. He is out of contract and will hopefully resign as we don't want to lose him as he and smith on the wings next year will be a very damaging combination. But if he left, I absolutely doubt he would fetch a 1st round pick. What sets Polec apart from Seedsman - (both are out of contract) as a player this year in terms of what he offers a team that would make him more valuable in terms of trade bounty?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcclure is one of many to report it.

Nick Bowen has reported 600 x 5.

Considering he is a North man and gets a lot of inside info, you should be working off this, not the ambulance chaser.

North trade their pick this year and their second next year for Adelaides first next year and pick 19 this year.
19 gets Polec and they have Adelaides first next year in the bank.

Yeah nah, we keep it and draft Thomas.

Delivered two pf, don't see ur mob back around that mark anytime soon....

We're dealing with a clearly triggered Port supporter here.

He might lose his favorite player, but he is sure as hell going to win the interwebz.

Pick 33.

Port still do very well in the trade.

They'll pick up Hately or Rozee & there won't be too much wailing if that happens.

I have shared my analysis a few pages ago, so wont go through it again.
The end game is that Port want your first rounder......after that it is rather semantic.

If you value him even late teens, then according to the draft points table, you should expect nothing more than about pick 45 back.

I'm outta here

I have shared my analysis a few pages ago, so wont go through it again.
The end game is that Port want your first rounder......after that it is rather semantic.

If you value him even late teens, then according to the draft points table, you should expect nothing more than about pick 45 back.

I'm outta here

Nah, that's not what I stated mate. That was "all things being equal". This isn't equal, because if a trade occurs we have the leverage.

Maybe Port know something about his longevity that we don’t

Nick Bowen has reported 600 x 5.

Considering he is a North man and gets a lot of inside info, you should be working off this, not the ambulance chaser.

Plus the very well known 1 Mill in the first year ??

Nah, that's not what I stated mate. That was "all things being equal". This isn't equal, because if a trade occurs we have the leverage.

What leverage, Carlton and StKilda want him and have picks before you in the PSD, if he goes there you will not get him.

Only if I bet on them otherwise why would I? And you think Jed Anderson is good? I'd call him average at best.
So you admit you haven't watched much of North this season, but reckon you are a better judge of Jed Anderson than North supporters that have watched him all year? Absolutely clueless.

Plus the very well known 1 Mill in the first year ??

Yeah.

1st year $1 mill, then 5 x $500K

What leverage, Carlton and StKilda want him and have picks before you in the PSD, if he goes there you will not get him.

Do they? Fair enough, walk him to the draft and they can have him. I'll still sleep like a baby that night and someone else can trade a good player for our 1st round pick. Port come out of it with NOUGHT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Back