News Jarrod Pickett nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Being he's just had surgery 6months ago for a lisfranc injury we most likely won't see him play all of 2017. He's could be lucky to even play again. Sounds like a salary dump. It's a gamble, and if it's for 13 then I'm happy with just Stewart and marchbank so anything extra is a bonus. Is he can get a game next year, if he can get to quality football, and if he can reach his pick 4 potential it will be huge.

A lot of ifs though.....

Being he's just had surgery 6months ago for a lisfranc injury we most likely won't see him play all of 2017. He's could be lucky to even play again. Sounds like a salary dump. It's a gamble, and if it's for 13 then I'm happy with just Stewart and marchbank so anything extra is a bonus. Is he can get a game next year, if he can get to quality football, and if he can reach his pick 4 potential it will be huge.

A lot of ifs though.....

?

Why all of next year?

He should be up and running by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just logged on to big footy for the first time today and I've just seen this.

Yay!!! :D

Great news! Nothing can bring me down from this high :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

So what else have I missed?

Ah, maybe you should sit down first, gandaal...

?

Why all of next year?

He should be up and running by now.
Past players that did this injury have said that it's one of the worst injuries to recover from due to the impact of landing on the foot. He might require further surgery to remove the pins. He might require orthotics for the remainder of his career like Richardson in 2000. Even Mitch Clark had this injury at Melbourne.

I read an article about Richo in 2000 that said he suffered from hamstring injuries after due to affecting him landing on his foot and thus had to alter his running gait to suit avoiding the ball of his foot.

I know this is worst case scenario but does he have the mental aptitude to get over such a terrible injury. After all the conversations on here we all know he's not that tough upstairs as it is.

I'd love to be wrong but don't like our chance. It's a very cheap risk though if it all goes through for 13.

If I remember correctly he went too early with pick 4. And is now injured. This board will over gloss him when we hand over pick 5

He was always going top 10...

He is extremely fast and very skilful.

Past players that did this injury have said that it's one of the worst injuries to recover from due to the impact of landing on the foot. He might require further surgery to remove the pins. He might require orthotics for the remainder of his career like Richardson in 2000. Even Mitch Clark had this injury at Melbourne.

I read an article about Richo in 2000 that said he suffered from hamstring injuries after due to affecting him landing on his foot and thus had to alter his running gait to suit avoiding the ball of his foot.

I know this is worst case scenario but does he have the mental aptitude to get over such a terrible injury. After all the conversations on here we all know he's not that tough upstairs as it is.

I'd love to be wrong but don't like our chance. It's a very cheap risk though if it all goes through for 13.

What do you mean he is not all that mentally tough?

A lot of ifs though.....
I've had a look online and I've spoken with my sister in law who's a physio and I can't find much that says a lisfranc injury takes 18 months to recover from.
Has anyone got some reliable info that points to it being a career threatening injury in a man who's in his early twenties?
If we got Pickett right he sounds like a potential high value player.
Also, it seems a little arrogant for an injured inexperienced player to nominate a club unless they're very confident of a full recovery?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jarrod Pickett nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back