Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably because he's a rough around the edges young man playing for an unfashionable club whilst the other two are born to rule princes playing for powerful clubs.

Also:

Harley Reid: St Joseph's College
Nick Daicos: Carey Grammar
Jason Horne-Francis: Wirreanda Secondary School

AFL is one of, if not the most elitist leagues in the world. Every second sentence from the commentary teams is about which private school such and such player attended.

Victorians hope that Reid returns to Victoria at some point and chooses their club. Hence their love for him. They each seem like decent young men honestly considering the circumstances.

IIRC Harley grew up barracking for Geelong.

The Pork Barrel Football Club has plenty of cash to throw his way.

Another 6 coaches votes on Thursday night. Up to 15th on the leaderboard. Only 2 votes behind Butters which indicates that he's probably the front runner or very close to the front runner for our B&F. Having a great season.

Another 6 coaches votes on Thursday night. Up to 15th on the leaderboard. Only 2 votes behind Butters which indicates that he's probably the front runner or very close to the front runner for our B&F. Having a great season.
yeah him and butters neck and neck for our best and fairest. our two best players by the length of flemighton straight. he has benifited the last couple of weeks when butters has been tagged.

Probably gets the 10 if he didn't miss those two shots.
He's have to be close to an AA this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he’s building a very consistent season and there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be even better in the second half of the year.

I’d like his tackling to improve, and just a bit more edge to his defensive instincts and a bit more ball wining (I.e., average disposals up from 22 to 25 per game for now).

If he can achieve that in the rest of this season, he wins our B&F.

Also:

Harley Reid: St Joseph's College
Nick Daicos: Carey Grammar
Jason Horne-Francis: Wirreanda Secondary School

AFL is one of, if not the most elitist leagues in the world. Every second sentence from the commentary teams is about which private school such and such player attended.
Classical google search and assumption.

Being from Echuca and having children who attended St Joes, I can assure you it is not elitist.
It is marginally better than Echuca College (which nearly requires metal detectors)

Moama Grammer is the classier of the High Schools in the area.

Classical google search and assumption.

Being from Echuca and having children who attended St Joes, I can assure you it is not elitist.
It is marginally better than Echuca College (which nearly requires metal detectors)

Moama Grammer is the classier of the High Schools in the area.
, google also says it's just shy of 4k a year

Hardly a prestigious city school but still vastly more than public high school

, google also says it's just shy of 4k a year

Hardly a prestigious city school but still vastly more than public high school
Yeah well trust me from local knowledge, it is the second worst school in the area.
The only reason to go there, is if you are Catholic and it is a way to get away from "The College".

St Joes may sound prestigious, but it is as dodgy as can be.
Also $75 a week, isn't exactly Prince Charles worthy.

How is it that JHF is still widely considered outside of Port Adelaide as this arrogant cocky childish flog yet the likes of Harley Reid and Nick Daicos are lovable, mature, all round exceptional young men?

If anything i see JHF as probably the most down to earth and comes across more humble than the other two.

Harley Reid in particular is completely full of himself, some of his funnies he tries to crack in interviews are a bit try hard cringe for me but they all lap it up.

I honestly don't get it, is it all just because he left that dying club norf to be closer to his family?
Can you imagine if JHF went over to the USA and hung out with some NBA players, and then came back and had a sook about how the AFL treats them?

Did someone do this?

I believe so. He looks something like this.

ABMt5MPqoGS9sXyMByR3dU-1200-80.jpg

I reckon he'd be on the bench for the AA at the moment.

He wouldn't be because a) the media hate him and b) Port have had a middling season which makes it harder for players to get in. But put it this way, he's had as good a season as quite a few players who will likely get in.

He wouldn't be because a) the media hate him and b) Port have had a middling season which makes it harder for players to get in. But put it this way, he's had as good a season as quite a few players who will likely get in.

I think he's a good chance because he's the most obviously impactful player on our team. It is usually when he's not in the guts when we lose the game.

He impacts and flashes like gold at clearances, breaks away with class, runs away from players, is outplaying Butters the reigning Coaches Player of the Year which is no mean feat. He also goes forward and kicks goals. He cares and plays hard for four quarters. He also likes to get his hands dirty.

The media may or may not hate him but they don't vote on the AA.

We've had a middling season but players have made the AA as the best player on a middling team or even a bad team. Think Nick Larkey Caleb Serong, Taylor Walker, Jordan Dawson, Zach Merrett and James Sicily from last year alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back