Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember who it was that JHF tackled for the free kick, but they clearly threw their head backwards to get a free. Id rather he just move on and smash him (legally) in the next contest, but I also don't mind it.

What would these same people think about Tim Giniver wacking a bloke when we were getting flogged in the 94 grand final?

He got a retaliation free that started the comeback.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd think the Eagles player is a moron.

And the problem here is that JHF isn't Tim Giniver, he's the Eagles player.

He's not Dimma Hardwick in 2004, he's Akermanis getting sucked in by Hardwick.

JHF's behaviour wasn't acceptable and he needs to be pulled up on it.

The bald loser shouldn't be throwing JHF under the bus in a press conference. When asked about it, he should be calling out the lack of protection from the umps for off the ball scragging against JHF.

I'd think the Eagles player is a moron.

And the problem here is that JHF isn't Tim Giniver, he's the Eagles player.

He's not Dimma Hardwick in 2004, he's Akermanis getting sucked in by Hardwick.

JHF's behaviour wasn't acceptable and he needs to be pulled up on it.

The bald loser shouldn't be throwing JHF under the bus in a press conference. When asked about it, he should be calling out the lack of protection from the umps for off the ball scragging against JHF.

Bloody hell! ... HE HAS BEEN PULLED UP ON IT!! Within in minutes by the coach, after the game by senior players, then some good advice from champions like Blighty et-al. He doesnt need the scorching attack by the media, and a pack of idiotic Port fans!

As blighty clearly said, rather he have that & be helped to reign it in, than be a vanilla dead-head that will never have it.

$%#@% move on.

Richmond were consistently the worst in the league for frees against for years as they racked up flags.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hardwick literally instructed his players to hurt our players on the weekend to the point where two fringe players (not coincidentally) got themselves suspended and yet all the focus has been on Horne-Francis giving away a couple of free kicks. The media hate campaign against him, led by David King, is an absolute joke and essentially bullying.

Great find. We're norf. JHF stands up, everyone else meekly watches.
Best teams I can remember in AFL era (norf late 90s, Brisbane after them, Geelong after that) wouldn't have put it all on one 20 year old to stand up for his teammates.
We've become so meek and bland and daddy donuts uses his presser to deflect blame rather than call attention to Jason's treatment or actual dangerous thuggery of the opposition. This makes me much grumpier than the Brisbane game. That was a terrible performance. This is softness at the very core of the club and another symptom of why we can't get it done when it matters.

Great find. We're norf. JHF stands up, everyone else meekly watches.
Best teams I can remember in AFL era (norf late 90s, Brisbane after them, Geelong after that) wouldn't have put it all on one 20 year old to stand up for his teammates.
We've become so meek and bland and daddy donuts uses his presser to deflect blame rather than call attention to Jason's treatment or actual dangerous thuggery of the opposition. This makes me much grumpier than the Brisbane game. That was a terrible performance. This is softness at the very core of the club and another symptom of why we can't get it done when it matters.
It's so obvious that we lack hardness in our team. 2020 is the last team of ours I can think of that honestly had some toughness in it.

Jonas, Lycett, Hammer, Rockliff, Ebo, Dixon, SPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so obvious that we lack hardness in our team. 2020 is the last team of ours I can think of that honestly had some toughness in it.

Jonas, Lycett, Hammer, Rockliff, Ebo, Dixon, SPP.

True, years gone by we've had a contested and dour team, and wished we had a more skillful team

now we have the opposite problem.. Need the best of both worlds

Can't remember who it was that JHF tackled for the free kick, but they clearly threw their head backwards to get a free. Id rather he just move on and smash him (legally) in the next contest, but I also don't mind it.
I've been enjoying how basically the entire league has taken to giving it to that grub Weightman every time he cheats his way to another high tackle. I doubt there's a less popular player among the other playing groups in the league.

No 7 not 'the ass', the arse.

Only thing I don’t like, don’t refer to yourself as a young kid. Again mentality of the club under doughnuts, that would be a phrase he has heard internally and is just spewing it back out.

I guarantee you if Buckley was coach, or Choco, this ‘young kid’ would be referred to as the next best player in the league. ‘Next’ being the motivator and the ‘best player’ in the league being the measuring stick to hold himself accountable.

Bar that, speaks well, future captain.

He works into games better than anyone at the Club. First half he was completely off his game - but his work rate never throttles down, and as a result he is able to get more and more involved as the game goes on and players begin to fatigue. Not the first time I've seen him have a relatively "off" first half, whilst finishing the game with 20+ disposals and a goal.

Started slowly and got caught holding the ball quite a bit but stepped in the second half especially in the forward line. He makes things happen. Just have to find the right balance of playing forward and midfield.

Last edited:
As Adam Cooney highlighted, this is only his third season of AFL football. And already he is a match-winner.

How good can he be?

Like REH said in the gameday thread, he was playing rugby tonight. Not as many clean disposals but just willed it forward. Probably should have been given another free right infront of goal in the last too.

A true Shinboner. Ben Cunnington would have been watching with a smile and tear in his eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back