Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cats will put a lot of time into Jase and it will be up to Rozee and Butters to support him by being damaging themselves.

If those two are quiet and Jase is well held, that’s when he can get frustrated as he’s the one that wants to drag us across the line.

The big difference for him though is that he’s damaging up forward and great one on one.

If he’s being well held in the middle, send him forward in a pure Dusty role. The other midfielders who can cop a hard tag don’t have that same forward craft.

I don’t believe you can shut him out of the game if our other mids are firing.

Kane Cornes at the All Australian Meeting this afternoon:

Kane: proceeds to lock the door ' I am not leaving this room until the hornet is named as the AA captain' whilst bagning on the table.

The Cats will put a lot of time into Jase and it will be up to Rozee and Butters to support him by being damaging themselves.

If those two are quiet and Jase is well held, that’s when he can get frustrated as he’s the one that wants to drag us across the line.

The big difference for him though is that he’s damaging up forward and great one on one.

If he’s being well held in the middle, send him forward in a pure Dusty role. The other midfielders who can cop a hard tag don’t have that same forward craft.

I don’t believe you can shut him out of the game if our other mids are firing.
I think we may see a different game from Jase Thursday night. I think they may make it hard for him at stoppage and he will head forward and kick a bag!

Makes it look easy... He's getting to the point where you can just put those ones in the books. Becoming a very good shot at goal.
A long kick in from Burton. A fantastic contest on the wing. Unlucky to not get the mark or free. Amazing give to Butters who sets up the runners from down back, ending in a Bergman kick [I think] which was probably better it bounced than found a one on one, Meady finds the ball and dishes to a sauntering Hornet who kicks from 50 on the right. If it was the left, it would've looked the same. Cool as ice. Sex Panther.

It's just poetry in motion.

Still remember Jason's prelim final for South's league team as a 17 year old, all but carried them to a grand final on his back.

Good luck getting into his head, he'll get into yours first.

Time for another round of "How's he tracking" when compared to some of the other very good players of the competition who i consider to be similar to him. Aka, goal kicking midfielders

Some of these stats could be considered "cherry picked" in JHF's favour, but i did try to pick stats that showcase the well-rounded nature of JHF's game. He excels at a little bit of everything that other players did not seem to do.

Meters gained added but it's not captured for some of the older players. Jase actually racks up a decent amount of meters gained which is interesting

(top stat winner in green)

PlayerDisposalsGoalsClearances (total)Goal AssistsInside 50sMeters gained
JHF221.255.70.9 (eq. 1st)4.8372
Petracca18.81.22.60.9 (eq. 1st)3.2241
Fyfe23.40.44.00.64.5N/A
Dangerfield17.11.140.33.1N/A
Dusty221.13.40.44.2N/A

*But he doesn't work hard enough ...

Also Ryan Burton, I'll just kick it near Horne-Francis and he will make my stats even better :D

Perfect example to confirm what St Kilda players said earlier in the year - he outworks teams (from 2:30).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Physically, you can’t tag JHF. As mentioned by @EnviableTradition, you have to get into his head. Which Geelong will do.
Not untaggable but big bodied mids who win their own ball are harder to tag, especially if they can drag the tagger forward and dominate them in the air.

If you want bang for your buck from your tagger you are better off putting them on someone like Rozee.

Makes it look easy... He's getting to the point where you can just put those ones in the books. Becoming a very good shot at goal.

And those that kept saying he's got no left foot too 🤦 when he kicks accurate as F on his left against Melbourne for a cracking goal. He's clearly very motivated and willing. Add that with natural talent and the world's yours.

Squad should be 40 JHFs
Whenever a player who isn't JHF is named in the AA team, all the fans should be asking, where's JHF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back