Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see player ratings/statistics for last quarters from the last two years, I have a feeling he'd be sitting quite comfortably in the top ten players in the AFL. Absolutely our most clutch player.

It amazes me how underrated JHF is. Kingy just looks at the stats on his HP laptop and makes calls from that, i think a lot are like that. But visually you can just see that JHF and Butters do some really awesome shit on the field that isn't always backed up by stats, they don't need it 35 times a game. JHF has also stepped up in close games and got us across the line on multiple occasions.

There are actually people out there that rate Sheezel higher, its crazy.

JHF had 28 on the weekend. If you told be he had 45 I would have still believed you.

His touches are all class, all impact the contest and over 30% of his touches end up in a score chain. That is just a crazy statistic. If & when Jase averages close to 30 a game he will be dominating on a level only ever seen in the Judd/Ablett mould.

JHF had 28 on the weekend. If you told be he had 45 I would have still believed you.

His touches are all class, all impact the contest and over 30% of his touches end up in a score chain. That is just a crazy statistic. If & when Jase averages close to 30 a game he will be dominating on a level only ever seen in the Judd/Ablett mould.
He is also kicking clutch goals and averaging over a goal a game, which is what Ablett/Judd and Dusty all did in their primes.

I dropped this last week and didn't get a peep so I'm going to do it again and see what I get.

Is JHF playing CHF?

The guy it reminds me of is young James Hird so we can put that on the comparison list.

Also, how long before he becomes captain? Just a pleasure to watch.

Unfortunately David King is an opinion leader in the football media who influences a lot of the way players and teams are seen. King's agenda against JHF makes it hard for him to get the credit he deserves, especially playing at a relatively anonymous club like Port.

Only Warner (31), Bont (30), Heeney (25) have scored more goals this year as mids than JHF (21). He has also played 2 less games than them all.

PlayerGamesDisposalsClearnacesGoals
Marcus Bontempelli
21​
26.14​
6.19​
1.43​
Isaac Heeney
20​
25.6​
6​
1.25​
Jason Horne-Francis
19​
22.05​
5.63​
1.11​

These are the only 3 players in the league that average 20,5,1.

Bont is in his 11th season
Heeney is in his 10th

JHF in his 3rd.

PlayerGamesDisposalsClearnacesGoals
Marcus Bontempelli
21​
26.14​
6.19​
1.43​
Isaac Heeney
20​
25.6​
6​
1.25​
Jason Horne-Francis
19​
22.05​
5.63​
1.11​

These are the only 3 players in the league that average 20,5,1.

Bont is in his 11th season
Heeney is in his 10th

JHF in his 3rd.
Less TOG (about 5% less) and significantly less CBAs too.

Centre clearances per CBA %
JHF: 16.9
Bont: 12.6
Heeney: 9.8

I dropped this last week and didn't get a peep so I'm going to do it again and see what I get.

Is JHF playing CHF?

The guy it reminds me of is young James Hird so we can put that on the comparison list.

Also, how long before he becomes captain? Just a pleasure to watch.
He was playing chf for a while after Marshall went down
Looked like a mini Wayne Carey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately David King is an opinion leader in the football media who influences a lot of the way players and teams are seen. King's agenda against JHF makes it hard for him to get the credit he deserves, especially playing at a relatively anonymous club like Port.
To a point, yes, but everyone has eyes, and JHF's style of play is such that even blind Freddy could see it for what it is.

I never saw the Great man Russell play, but spoke to my Father today and he just wanted to talk about how good Jason was and how much he reminded him of Russell. 15 minutes, he is a passionate Port man but I can honestly only remember three times I have heard him so passionate about life, 2007 Prelim against West Coast - Cousins Hammy game, 2014-16ish SANFL Port vs the Bays at Alberton - we smashed them, Butcher kicked a bag - had no idea my old man hated the Bays or any footy side quite like that, he was tribal bordering feral that day. And the Grandchildren’s births.

If Russell play like JHF, for ~400 games, my god I understand how everyone fails in comparison. And for Russell to have said Robran was the better footballer, my mind is blown, and for people to mention Bagshaw in a similar fashion, where did SAFooty go so wrong?

The old man did say, I just wish Jason would say ‘that’s the Port Adelaide way’ because that’s what WE did, just went from contest to contest and willed ourselves to win.

If he a big last 2 games, he will rocket into the AA 22.
Doubt that'll be enough - couple of games off injured and quiet games against Giants, Lions, Suns, Tigers will hurt his case too much. Will absolutely make 44 man squad though.

Not too fussed about this anyway. He's only in his 3rd season and is already borderline AA quality - got plenty of time to rack up the accolades.

Robbie Gray,

Now this guy.

It's like hitting two royal flushes back 2 back if you're a coach.😊

Cool stat for all you Hornebags.

In season 2024 there are currently four (4) players averaging 20+ dsp/1+ goal/1+ goal assist.

1. Marcus Bontempelli
2. Christian Petracca
3. Jason Horne-Francis
4. Dylan Moore

Solid company. Solid trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back