Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not speaking as club president. He’s speaking as a private citizen. You’re a club member. Does that mean you no longer have the right to speak?

Awfully convenient rules, if not.

You all have no idea what I’ve lost to this lockdown. No idea what my children have lost. You have no idea of my and my family’s exposure to covid. If there is one man in this state with the courage to speak against the insanity we face from 18 months of a one month emergency order then I’m utterly thankful there is at least one.

He gets to speak his mind. He never brings hawthorn into the discussion. Trying to silence him and condemning large parts of Victoria to utter misery is disgraceful.
Some pretty amazing mental gymnastics here. Good for you.

Response to a member on social media just now.
I have really tried to give Jeff a bit of latitude over the years given his position at the club. But, FMD, he has totally lost it.

Sorry Jeff, but you can now GAGF. Please f*&k off.

Some pretty amazing mental gymnastics here. Good for you.
Carl, perhaps you should go and live in Ms Gold Standards State. Kennett is automatically referred to as President of the HFC. As a member of same for 44 years I assure you he does not speak for me and I repeat yet again, if we had a President from the labor party who happened to be a former premier, he or she would not have any right to represent my views let alone display an obvious conflict of interest, bagging the State Govt who we are trying to gain support from. If that is not a conflict of interest.

And Carl, can you please ask him to stop wearing an HFC tie or be filmed in his study adorned with HFC memorabilia when he prances to make his statements.

Last edited:
At what point does the bullshit he posts on Twitter amount to bringing the club into disrepute?
Apparently his public account where his profile calls out that he’s the HFC president….is commentary from a private citizen. 😂

fu** you for laughing Strapping Young Lad . fu** you.
Haha and here come the angry insults.

You and your family have suffered during covid? Im sorry to hear that but here is a news flash mate, you aren't special. Everyone is suffering. Everyone is sick of it. Most of us are sick of dickheads like Jeff agitating constantly, enabling selfish arseholes and setting us back even further.

How many of the absolute dregs of our society protesting in the cities today feel enabled by misinformed people like Jeff? Lots, thats who.

He is terrible for our club and a cancer on the community. Constantly being divisive in a time when we need to be working together more than ever.

I would say you should be ashamed for supporting him so aggressively but it's pretty clear you dont give a shit.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

At what point does the bullshit he posts on Twitter amount to bringing the club into disrepute?

As well as having Hawthorn president in his profile, I find it well below his standing to react to a member having a go at him by asking for their membership number, he's meant to represent every club member and not bite at someone having a go at him via social media.

I'm ashamed to say myself and a gang of friends got realeased from police custody today.

Breach of lockdown laws but had masks on and vaccinated.

We were hauled away cause during exercise our keep fit regime of bashing protesters was not accepted.

The problems with this is that the "Honourable" Jeff Kennett is so linked to the HFC and the club plays for the annual Beyond Blue Cup so the Kennett toxicity continues to burn the club. He needs to stand down. Now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Constantly being divisive in a time when we need to be working together more than ever.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

this,
what actually has to happen to get rid of him?
he won’t go, and will act like Trump if we members get rid of him, but what has to happen to get rid of him, how is it done?
and in COVID times as well when we can’t gather and have an AGM.
and if you make an enemy of Jeff he will go after you so it will be difficult to find someone ’at that level‘ (I hope you know what I mean) to challenge him, but he has to go, keep this ground swell going, rid the momentum (another James Morrissey type article etc) and get rid of Jeff.

Geez, the vitriol is quite disgusting really but social media allows it all.
His legacy may of been tarnished but when we were a rudderless train wreck he helped the club big time.
Sure, his time is done but for ffs give him some
Kudos….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His legacy may of been tarnished but when we were a rudderless train wreck he helped the club big time.
Kudos….

Kennett's biggest achievement at Hawthorn based on quantifiable output is what exactly?

Without understanding the machinations going on behind closed doors, most memorably it seems to have been:

1. Trying to 'drop' the coach to the ressies just prior to our 3-peat.

2. Baiting Geelong into achieving a huge run of wins against us.

* I'm not even sure we can credit him with two, since we did beat them in a GF.

Then there is the typical dumb, autocratic nonsense (can sack the board, rather than be governed by them) and baloney letters to members (win the tackles win the game after a draw?).

Not to mention his statement that members have a 'democratic right' to want him out... Well sheesh Jeff, what are you like 8 years old? Members are shareholders.

They paid for the right to want to see the back of you. If you don't know this, how are you in the job?

Weve lost clarkson cos of kennetts ego. Just about over it. My family holds 8 gold memberships and their will be a serious conversation if we continue while the club is being run as a political flogs plaything.

Kudos….

Two words......IAN DICKER

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back