Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would 100% be happy to do one of our firsts for 13/15. Unfortunately I think GWS blink and take a deal.

Would sure like to see their reaction if we did the deal then offered one of them for Caldwell though...
Yeah it's down to whether they want to throw the toys out the cot. I think they're grown ups

Poor old Issac Smith was promised he`d be playing with Cameron when he signed on , Clarko could be having the last laugh ..

Clarko would be mad not to have a crack.

Even if Cameron sits out the season in protest Hawks get the chance to trade to Geelong or whoever for picks or whatever and that, in my mind, is fair.

If Cameron feels special entitlement thats his problem

Did Cameron played out the 2020 season properly for GWS??

Even if Cameron sits out the season in protest Hawks get the chance to trade to Geelong or whoever for picks or whatever and that, in my mind, is fair.

Hawthorn pay the best part of a million dollars to a player who isn't going to play for them, purely to spite Geelong?

That makes sense.

Most likely be 13+20 and some late picks Cats wont use this year and future late picks, then GWS can say we got maximum value and Cats get a player they want and rid of useless picks

Hawthorn pay the best part of a million dollars to a player who isn't going to play for them, purely to spite Geelong?

That makes sense.

No it would not be to spite Geelong. Geelong would have nothing to do with it. Could be any other club including RFC, CFC, the Pies, Bulldogs whioever

By Hawks picking up Cameron they are picking up a commodity. The argument is they can gain from that investment in 12 months from whoever wants that commodity.

The Hawks are not in the window right now at least in 2021 even if the case for 2022 wants to be made. As a result, Cameron is perfect for them. Cameorn provides cause for poor results resulting in superior draft picks end of 2021 in a supposed better draft. Furthermore, if Covid hits and revenue hits the better draft picks and returns at trade/draft time end of 2021 is a great insurance policy against otherwise gate drop off largely out of the clubs control

And if the cats have a mare in '21? Players start retiring? What do the cats trade for him then?

Reasonably high risk gamble

Cats might let it go, go into rebuild, Hawks keep Cameron or he goes somewhere else and Cameron dodges a bullet at Geelong
And none if this outcomes benefit gws in any way. At least the cats will have an extra couple of kids to build with and Jez gets his extra million that gws were lowballing him in. I'm fine with that outcome.

No it would not be to spite Geelong. Geelong would have nothing to do with it. Could be any other club including RFC, CFC, the Pies, Bulldogs whioever

By Hawks picking up Cameron they are picking up a commodity. The argument is they can gain from that investment in 12 months from whoever wants that commodity.

The Hawks are not in the window right now at least in 2021 even if the case for 2022 wants to be made. As a result, Cameron is perfect for them. Cameorn provides cause for poor results resulting in superior draft picks end of 2021 in a supposed better draft. Furthermore, if Covid hits and revenue hits the better draft picks and returns at trade/draft time end of 2021 is a great insurance policy against otherwise gate drop off largely out of the clubs control

Having him sitting on the side lines for a year isn't going to increase his value. So you'll have a team paying someone big bucks to do nothing for them, only to trade them for a value less than what they paid for him.

As I said, makes enormous sense.....

Having him sitting on the side lines for a year isn't going to increase his value. So you'll have a team paying someone big bucks to do nothing for them, only to trade them for a value less than what they paid for him.

Cameron would not lose a lot on the sidelines in cotton wool. Remember the Hawks are only giving up one pick, they are not GWS

Cameron would not lose a lot on the sidelines in cotton wool. Remember the Hawks are only giving up one pick, they are not GWS
agree there is no way hawks would get better value than the pick 4 they use if they would trade him in 12 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron isn't going to sit out of football for a year!

Either a deal gets done with the Cats or he walks into the PSD.

Busy day for GWS with 3 deals to manage.

Deadline day, what do we all think will happen?

Offer will stay at 13 and 15 which will be accepted at 7.25 is my guess.
Theres a real chance no deal is done but i'd be surprised if gws ultimately let that happen.

Cameron isn't going to sit out of football for a year!

Either a deal gets done with the Cats or he walks into the PSD.

Busy day for GWS with 3 deals to manage.
Correct, I'd imagine we'd get another disinterested year like 2020 if he was taken by someone else. Think he would play but can't see a great level of enthusiasm.

Cameron would accept his fate and just get on with it .. Hawks would make him feel very welcome they are a family club..

Correct, I'd imagine we'd get another disinterested year like 2020 if he was taken by someone else. Think he would play but can't see a great level of enthusiasm.
I could imagine the pre-draft interviews too - "what qualifies you, as a mere forwards coach, to direct strategy for me, the best player your club has ever had?"

Sure that wouldn't happen, but there would be some complications with buy in to a strategy and leadership of a young group factors to consider in drafting a player that doesn't want to be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Back