Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanted to say something positive after having said far too many negative things in the game day thread.

Jeremy Howe didn't have his best day out for the club, but man do I love watching him kick a football. He drops the ball beautifully, head steady and eyes on the target, and just weights some of his passes to perfection.

So glad we have him in our backline. Amazingly he's become one of our best and most important players.

A lot of love for him I see. But let's not get carried away.
If we are going to be objective what does he really bring to the side.
Yeah he takes a great contested mark.
Ok, I will admit he disposes of the ball well.
Sure he is consistently one of our best players.
Some opposition coaches think he is such a threat in the backline that they tag him.
I will accept that he can also go forward and kick a goal if required.

And that's it. That is all he adds to our team.

Pfft. Totally overrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of love for him I see. But let's not get carried away.
If we are going to be objective what does he really bring to the side.
Yeah he takes a great contested mark.
Ok, I will admit he disposes of the ball well.
Sure he is consistently one of our best players.
Some opposition coaches think he is such a threat in the backline that they tag him.
I will accept that he can also go forward and kick a goal if required.

And that's it. That is all he adds to our team.

Pfft. Totally overrated.
I see what you're doing there. For a moment, I thought you were serious.

Can someone please help me out with some stats, currently trying to prove to someone that Jeremy Howe belongs in the all aus back 6 (he currently doesn't have him in there). I'm looking for league ranking for intercept marks, goals against, rebound 50's etc.

Can someone please help me out with some stats, currently trying to prove to someone that Jeremy Howe belongs in the all aus back 6 (he currently doesn't have him in there). I'm looking for league ranking for intercept marks, goals against, rebound 50's etc.
3rd for intercept possesions (Avg, 8.5)
3rd for total marks (Avg, 8.4)
4th for contested marks (Avg, 2.2)
Thats all i've got.

He is the best intercept medium defender (that rebounds) in the game at this present time. In my opinion.

The only competition ahead of him in those stats, from a similar player would be Docherty who is #1 in marks.

Tied (with Houli) 17th league wide for average rebound 50s - 4.45. Has him ahead of Rance, Saad, Pittard, Lever, Mackie among others.

61st league wide for average 1%ers - 4.09. The Sack is 13th with 7.73. Reid, Schade and Dunn the other Pies players leading him in this category.

You can float all the stats you want (FWIW they do back him up) but if you dont watch games you really have no idea on a players overall impact. Howe is currently one of the best defenders in the game. Rarely has he lost a one on one this season, rarely does he miss a target by foot, he is a top 3 intercept mark in the comp and he has attacked and hunted the ball all season long. An absolute moral for all australian at this stage and one of the best defenders in the competition atm. If people are saying he isnt then thry currently have no idea and dont watch our games.

You can float all the stats you want (FWIW they do back him up) but if you dont watch games you really have no idea on a players overall impact. Howe is currently one of the best defenders in the game. Rarely has he lost a one on one this season, rarely does he miss a target by foot, he is a top 3 intercept mark in the comp and he has attacked and hunted the ball all season long. An absolute moral for all australian at this stage and one of the best defenders in the competition atm. If people are saying he isnt then thry currently have no idea and dont watch our games.

It's a very subjective thing. There aren't many mug punters who are fully fluent on every player in every team and who take the time to dissect every game in the same way they'd watch their own team. I know I certainly don't. It will come down to the opinions of the "experts" and they'll rely very heavily on stats to support their respective nominations. When is the final 40 player squad announced?

I am genuinely surprised at how much of a gun he has been for us. Gives his all and consider him one of our better players.

I didn't rate him highly as a forward but seems he has really found his own in defence. I know he played back a bit at Melbourne also, I must admit I didn't watch a lot of Melbourne games given how putrid they were at the time - it seems he has stepped it up a lot though but anyone care to comment on the Melbourne Howe vs Collingwood Howe.

Should be
As long as there not Biased like normal
Robinson thinks his a key back ( god knows how) even when Schade and Reid play therefore he was out on Sundays mid season team picked by Mr I know footy lol.
Of course suited his argument to get Hurley in .

Jeremy isn't getting the kudos he deserves cause he is remembered by too many as a half forward who went missing.

His game is unrecognisable to that player.

Mackie has how many AA's? If I had to choose Mackie from 2010/2011 I'd take 2017 Howe.

AA is part form, part politics and part PR campaign.

Should be
As long as there not Biased like normal
Robinson thinks his a key back ( god knows how) even when Schade and Reid play therefore he was out on Sundays mid season team picked by Mr I know footy lol.
Of course suited his argument to get Hurley in .
Hmm yes but anyone with any sort of a brain doesnt listen to what that alcoholic has to say. Personally i dont choose to listen or read a lot of football journalism because 95% is absolute rubbish. I am amazed at how many dont actually fact check their articles before publishing and i am amazed at how they continually get away with it. Wont be long before they are obsolete.

I am genuinely surprised at how much of a gun he has been for us. Gives his all and consider him one of our better players.

I didn't rate him highly as a forward but seems he has really found his own in defence. I know he played back a bit at Melbourne also, I must admit I didn't watch a lot of Melbourne games given how putrid they were at the time - it seems he has stepped it up a lot though but anyone care to comment on the Melbourne Howe vs Collingwood Howe.
His field kicking has improved significantly at Collingwood. Used to just bomb it up the wing for us, now chooses his option and takes the play on. Otherwise, not much. He took better hangers for us, but I think he's a Pies fan and happier in white and black.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back