Jesse Hogan officially a Demon

Remove this Banner Ad

I notice there was no footage of him actually kicking a goal in that highlights package, despite taking a few great contested marks inside the 50.
someone tell me he's a good kick for goal. please.
He averaged 2.2 for the WA Colts this year.

That's all I got!

I notice there was no footage of him actually kicking a goal in that highlights package, despite taking a few great contested marks inside the 50.
Apparently that's his main weakness, but hell, we can work on that! (is meant to be a good field kick though)

I saw him live that game, and he had a bad day in front of goal.

But in a WAFL Colts prelim he kicked 4 straight.

He's a bit hot and cold - needs to get a rock solid routine with his goal kicking.

Has no goal kicking routine whatsoever, but he is actually a decent kick i think so once he gets that down he should be a decent kick for goal. plus now that we have him at 17 we can hopefully instil some good habits in that regard

Has no goal kicking routine whatsoever, but he is actually a decent kick i think so once he gets that down he should be a decent kick for goal. plus now that we have him at 17 we can hopefully instil some good habits in that regard
Meh, he may have a poor set shot record now, but Emo Maric recorded the highest goal kicking conversion rate ever recorded as a junior and he now sits at 16-16.

Apparently that's his main weakness, but hell, we can work on that! (is meant to be a good field kick though)
Pretty much this. He has a poor run up zig zags all over the place, but is a good field kick so change his run up and lets face it you have 1 year to do that anyway.

Barry will be the bargain in this deal. ;)

Telling myself, this time it's going to be different!

Starting to hear a few stories from ppl who have played/coached against him. Heard similar things with Darling.. ~Monster, biggest and youngest guy on the ground, dominant etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much this. He has a poor run up zig zags all over the place, but is a good field kick so change his run up and lets face it you have 1 year to do that anyway.

Barry will be the bargain in this deal. ;)

I do like Barry, don't know much about him, not sure where he's rated but he seems like he has the gut-running, pace and body-size we need in the midfield.

Seemed to be rated a third or fourth round pick until the draft combine - but after testing extremely well, may have elevated his status into the late second round level.

Certainly the type we could use anyway - pacey outside ball carrier who can run both ways.

Watch from 5:45 onwards, his goal kicking is a bit scratchy he has the bent knee a bit like Neita did. Definitely can be worked on, but what i love is his contested marking remember he is a bottom age player in this years championships and he was monstering some of these kids!

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/default.aspx?newsid=149464
NEW RECRUIT Jesse Hogan, who will officially be on the club’s list in 2014, says he was shocked Melbourne snapped him up after he didn’t believe the red and blue was initially interested in him.

Said the club didn't seem too keen at the combine - but we know that to be wrong from what Harrington said in the media.

I think that maybe we were playing our cards close to the chest because the Viney situation was unresolved.

Oh and to reports he's staying in WA:

“I’m very excited about the whole situation, and I’m looking forward to moving to the heart of footy,” he said.

“I won’t be able to play [in the AFL next year], but I’ll be a year ahead of the rest of the kids."

The body just sounds too....ya know

Yeah, that nickname inspires thoughts of some nightmarish hybrid between Elle McPherson and Jesse Ventura.

For our collective sanity, it must never be used.

Just a thought - Casey's full-forward wont piss off to have surgery in the finals now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Hogan officially a Demon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back