Rumour Jessie Hogan Out Indefinitely for Mental Health Reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't glorify the drug in that way because you had a positive experience. Out of my friends, all in our early 20's, It didn't go this way. All started as well balanced successful individuals out partying every weekend. A few of us were lucky, but I witnessed marriage break ups, child neglect and loss of jobs through performance issues. After five years this pact of close friends I partied with went sour really fast.

I will call you out on the bolded bit. I just find that hard to believe out of 30 people, nearly every fortnight and for 10 years, none of them suffered in any way?

Old mate might be part of some Osho type cult where suffering doesn’t exist if you don’t acknowledge it. Kind of like that George Constanza line in Seinfeld where he says to Jerry, “It’s not a lie ... if you believe it.”

30 friends with no problems lol

Last edited:
You can't glorify the drug in that way because you had a positive experience. Out of my friends, all in our early 20's, It didn't go this way. All started as well balanced successful individuals out partying every weekend. A few of us were lucky, but I witnessed marriage break ups, child neglect and loss of jobs through performance issues. After five years this pact of close friends I partied with went sour really fast.

I will call you out on the bolded bit. I just find that hard to believe out of 30 people, nearly every fortnight and for 10 years, none of them suffered in any way?
I'm not sure if I'm glorifying drugs. I'm just saying that it is possible for people to use them sensibly and without much of a negative impact, just as people do with alcohol. We weren't partying every weekend. It sounds like your crew were. And we weren't doing it nearly every fortnight for 10 years. I should have made more effort to be precise. It would probably more like once every 4-6 weeks for about 3 years (aged 20-23), then with steadily decreasing frequency - once every couple of months (aged 24-25), then once every 3-4 months (25-26), then twice a year (27-30). Some people had problems in their lives, but none of it was connected to drugs. I don't have any bad memories or bad associations with drugs (other than alcohol, obviously, where I've seen and experienced serious violence, car crashes, etc). We were a pretty tight crew, who all looked after each other. We never really over-indulged. We would go out all night on a Saturday night, but Sundays were a couple of hours sleep then beers and movies on the couch. The most it affected our lives was a bit of a tendency to have more sickies on a Monday than was normal, but nothing out of hand.

You mention child neglect? Was that related to ice? We never, ever touched ice.

Not being a smartarse - genuine question: of your friends who go into real trouble, do you think there's a chance they might have gone done that path anyway?

Bell didn't want Hogan to begin with, he said no. Rosich overruled him and brought him in. And now that cancer is out of the club.

blame it on the guy leaving, how convenient. i heard it was bell lowering hogans perceived value at the trade table. heard bell was keen on taking him.

Old mate might be part of some Osho type cult where suffering doesn’t exist if you don’t acknowledge it. Kind of like that George Constanza line in Seinfeld where he says to Jerry, “It’s not a lie ... if you believe it.”

30 people slaloming downhill through life with zero problems lol
You must have a really small mind if you cannot imagine a situation just because you haven't experienced it. Get this into your head: a massive proportion of the population take drugs without letting it disrupt their life. Question for you, genius: how many people do you know who drink alcohol without it negatively impacting their life? Why are you unable to conceive of the possibility that some illegal drugs could be similarly relatively benign? Do you have any idea how many corporates take coke on the weekend and still function perfectly? Get a clue outside of the tiny little box you live in.

You must have a really small mind if you cannot imagine a situation just because you haven't experienced it. Get this into your head: a massive proportion of the population take drugs without letting it disrupt their life. Question for you, genius: how many people do you know who drink alcohol without it negatively impacting their life? Why are you unable to conceive of the possibility that some illegal drugs could be similarly relatively benign? Do you have any idea how many corporates take coke on the weekend and still function perfectly? Get a clue outside of the tiny little box you live in.

That is some mental prison you are dwelling in. As I said, scary that you are foisting your fugged up worldview on impressionable youth. Why do you do it? Low self esteem? You want them to regard you as the ‘cool teacher’? I’m getting close aren’t I Mr Cotter ...

Here's a list of what happened to my closest friends after they got into party drugs: one ended up establishing, as Director, a multi-million dollar web design business (got married, has 3 kids). One became extremely high up the corporate ladder for KPMG, and owns multiple properties (never married, career bachelor). One became very senior at a major telco, earning > 200k/year (got married and divorced - nothing to do with drugs). One studied photography, got a corporate job, married, kid. Another one moved to WA and became a bit of a hippie, living his dream working on a winery (happily married, 2 kids). One completed a PhD and works as an academic (married, no kids). One became a real estate agent (married, 2 kids). One became a senior graphic designer, big salary (married, 2 kids). One became a high school teacher (married). You're right - I am glorying drugs. They are ****ing awesome if you have your shit together!

I started taking pills in the 1990's, if I've still got my full faculties as you suggest then drugs clearly aren't as bad as you're making them out to be ;)
You seem like a good poster who cracks me up regu, and I'm putting you at late 30's/early 40's?
I'm not sure if I'm glorifying drugs. I'm just saying that it is possible for people to use them sensibly and without much of a negative impact, just as people do with alcohol. We weren't partying every weekend. It sounds like your crew were. And we weren't doing it nearly every fortnight for 10 years. I should have made more effort to be precise. It would probably more like once every 4-6 weeks for about 3 years (aged 20-23), then with steadily decreasing frequency - once every couple of months (aged 24-25), then once every 3-4 months (25-26), then twice a year (27-30). Some people had problems in their lives, but none of it was connected to drugs. I don't have any bad memories or bad associations with drugs (other than alcohol, obviously, where I've seen and experienced serious violence, car crashes, etc). We were a pretty tight crew, who all looked after each other. We never really over-indulged. We would go out all night on a Saturday night, but Sundays were a couple of hours sleep then beers and movies on the couch. The most it affected our lives was a bit of a tendency to have more sickies on a Monday than was normal, but nothing out of hand.

Not being a smartarse - genuine question: of your friends who go into real trouble, do you think there's a chance they might have gone done that path anyway?
Thanks for the fair reply.

On the child neglect, It wasn't ice. We didn't have Meth around on the club scene in those days. It was a young couple that couldn't wait to hit the clubs on a Friday/Saturday with the group. Started off great with baby sitters letting em go out on a Friday, then It turned from pills on a Friday to partying through to Sunday night over five years.

My friends didn't get into real trouble, and no, they weren't going down that path. It changes your whole persona. We started at beers on a night out. Then popping flippers once a week. It changes over a period of time.

And please don't start back peddling now.

Here's a list of what happened to my closest friends after they got into party drugs: one ended up establishing, as Director, a multi-million dollar web design business (got married, has 3 kids). One became extremely high up the corporate ladder for KPMG, and owns multiple properties (never married, career bachelor). One became very senior at a major telco, earning > 200k/year (got married and divorced - nothing to do with drugs). One studied photography, got a corporate job, married, kid. Another one moved to WA and became a bit of a hippie, living his dream working on a winery (happily married, 2 kids). One completed a PhD and works as an academic (married, no kids). One became a real estate agent (married, 2 kids). One became a senior graphic designer, big salary (married, 2 kids). One became a high school teacher (married). You're right - I am glorying drugs. They are ******* awesome if you have your shit together!
Your friends are the best, gee I wish I could have hung out with you guys.

Here's a list of what happened to my closest friends after they got into party drugs: one ended up establishing, as Director, a multi-million dollar web design business (got married, has 3 kids). One became extremely high up the corporate ladder for KPMG, and owns multiple properties (never married, career bachelor). One became very senior at a major telco, earning > 200k/year (got married and divorced - nothing to do with drugs). One studied photography, got a corporate job, married, kid. Another one moved to WA and became a bit of a hippie, living his dream working on a winery (happily married, 2 kids). One completed a PhD and works as an academic (married, no kids). One became a real estate agent (married, 2 kids). One became a senior graphic designer, big salary (married, 2 kids). One became a high school teacher (married). You're right - I am glorying drugs. They are ******* awesome if you have your shit together!

Congratulations one and all. Kumbaya. Move along nothing to see here.

To cite an example of someone who takes drugs and succeeds as an argument for all is ok is naive at best.

Drugs damage those who use them and their loved ones too.

No doubt there are people who appear to maintain a normality but appearances can be deceiving , but there are countless others whose life is turned upside down by drugs , families ruined by addiction. Careers stunted .
To normalise drugs and imply you can use them with minimal effect is wrong.

You seem like a good poster who cracks me up regu, and I'm putting you at late 30's/early 40's?

Thanks for the fair reply.

On the child neglect, It wasn't ice. We didn't have Meth around on the club scene in those days. It was a young couple that couldn't wait to hit the clubs on a Friday/Saturday with the group. Started off great with baby sitters letting em go out on a Friday, then It turned from pills on a Friday to partying through to Sunday night over five years.

My friends didn't get into real trouble, and no, they weren't going down that path. It changes your whole persona. We started at beers on a night out. Then popping flippers once a week. It changes over a period of time.

And please don't start back peddling now.
Fair enough. I'm not back-peddling. Drugs clearly had negative effects on your friends. They didn't have negative effects on my friends. I wouldn't (and didn't) say drugs never can be harmful. I'm saying they can be not harmful, which was the case with my friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem like a good poster who cracks me up regu, and I'm putting you at late 30's/early 40's
Yup, haven't cracked the 40's milestone... but it's very very close!

I would say my Personal experience is very similar to this. A lot of friends and acquaintances dabbled in party drugs through their 20's. Most are now successful, married, kids etc You absolutely can use drugs just like alcohol with minimal to no long term effects. I'm talking about Coke and Molly here. I'm yet to here a story about someone who wrecked their relationship or lost their career etc because they couldn't give up ecstasy.

Heroin, Ice and the like of course are a completely different story. Much more addictive and life destroying. They are not the same thing and if anyone thinks they are then they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. The guy carrying on like a pork chop probably drinks drugs ( alcohol ) on the regular.. Doesn't he know alcohol is a gateway drug ? 100% of heroin addicts have had alcohol before !!!! That's sarcasm pork chop.

To cite an example of someone who takes drugs and succeeds as an argument for all is ok is naive at best.

Drugs damage those who use them and their loved ones too.

No doubt there are people who appear to maintain a normality but appearances can be deceiving , but there are countless others whose life is turned upside down by drugs , families ruined by addiction. Careers stunted .
To normalise drugs and imply you can use them with minimal effect is wrong.

Yup drugs can do all that, for most people they don't though. You do know the percentage of people who've tried or dabbled in light drugs, alcohol, weed, ecstasy don't become habitual users right ? Well except alcohol of course. I don't think he's trying to say you can take drugs and everything will be fine, but plenty of people have and they are ok.

Alcohol and cigarettes have been ruining people's lives for 100 years and no one bats an eye. Hell, food is ruining more people's live's then all the drugs put together at the moment, obese children is flat out child abuse. They should forget about the war on drugs, which was lost decade's ago and declare a new war on obesity.

Freo could have likely gone to the draft with 5 & 6 and walked away with Ben King and Bailey Smith. Instead they got Hogan, Lobb and a bunch of average to "potential" level players in the ND. Massive stuff up.
Ben King or Bailey Smith would of been tempting, Even Connor Rozee. I dont think its a big stuff up as you think. Because neither Ben King, Bailey Smith or Connor Rozee are WA boys. King and Smith are Vic kids, Rozee is from SA. Also had we got Ben King, he would of ended up Like Michael Apeness: a Promising KPF ruckman but only plays 10-20 games in 4-6 years due to muliple injuries.

I am happy at Freos 2018 trade Period. The old say you dont throw your eggs in one basket. Glad Freo got both Lobb and Hogan. Laws of averages at freo was one was going to be injury riddled the other will be solid player.

but that's what freo does, or they could have kept lachie neale
Yeah Like Paddy McCartin worked out well with your number 1 pick in 2014.

Could of Kept neale for one more season, but he would of left as a free agent and we would of got unders. Happy with the Neale trade in the end.

Ohhhhhhhhh, you think I'm a Dockers hater. I couldn't give the tiniest rats ass about the Dockers, this will sound like a dig but their not worth getting upset over, they're an absolute basket case. Football in general isn't worth getting worked up over. I think either Eagles or Dockers fans who have this blind hatred for the other team need to get a life.

As for Sampi, who knows the full story ??? Maybe he was being let go, maybe he couldn't handle the pressure or physical demands of the job anymore, maybe he felt his family needed his help with his Dad gone, Maybe he just started playing shit like 100 other players do each year, an injury niggle he couldn't shake etc etc etc. He could have had a mental illness exacerbated by the death of his father, I don't think it would be right to say "My Father died and it caused my mental illness". I guess my point was we will all lose loved ones and while sad an overwhelming majority of people will move on with their lives/go back to work. They won't turn to drugs, crash cars, beat a wife, bang their best mates missus etc etc

Oh and to show I'm not one eyed about Dockers/Eagles - Willie should get 4 years, Ryan get's no respect from me because apparently he beats his missus. If I have an opinion on a player it has nothing to do with which club they're from. Oh and Willie will probably try to use some type of mental illness excuse and that probably won't fly with me either.

I was fairly young in the days of Sampi but I don't remember him being that great, stats would seem to agree. I do remember that mark though.
Glad you dont care about freo, so fair enough.

Sampi was a gun player from 2002-5. He kicked 97 goals from 78 games from 2002-7. But his form dropped around 2006. had he been fully fit, He would of easily of been in a forward pocket spot or on the bench in that eagles 2006 Grand final side, probably would of kicked a couple of goals too.

As far as the Willie Rioli situation. I think 4 years is too Harsh. 1 year is enough, well for a 1st offence.

Wrong. Since analyses began in 2003 both MDMA and cocaine are both at their highest purity ever recorded:

If you aren't taking it regularly, cocaine doesn't actually have much of a comedown. That's why it's so popular with people who have money and decent jobs.

I don't feel too sketchy from the pingers these days either. A bit tired, super toey, and I can eat an entire supermarket, but otherwise, I feel pretty good thanks!

I feel worse after a night on the darts and tinnies tbh.
Do you take pingers to get through the day to day or is it more to enhance a night out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jessie Hogan Out Indefinitely for Mental Health Reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back