Rumour Jessie Hogan Out Indefinitely for Mental Health Reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

You had 2 obvious cancers and you rightly cut them out. I believe the cancer has metastasised amongst the playing group with this expectation that you don't actually have to perform to get good pay there. I'd put all these top dollar wannabe's on notice with contracts heavy with KPI's.
I wonder when big name players go there they breath a sigh of relief that they can now take it easy

Do you take pingers to get through the day to day or is it more to enhance a night out?
No one takes pingers to get through the day.
I take them because they're fun and I'm too old to stay up all night without a little help. My friends and I all have careers and families, we dont get to hang out often so why not make the most of it when the chance comes up.

Edit lol, beaten to it.

That is some mental prison you are dwelling in. As I said, scary that you are foisting your fugged up worldview on impressionable youth. Why do you do it? Low self esteem? You want them to regard you as the ‘cool teacher’? I’m getting close aren’t I Mr Cotter ...
Lol you need to get out more. Your commentary on this topic is something of a boomer during the Reagan era.

Watched some Loius Theroux on fox the other day and saw some ruined humans who started off with pingers. Once pingers start to not give you the high your after...nek minit your on Heroin.
That argument could be made about alcohol as well. Hell probably caffeine too. Of course anyone who is willing to try hard drugs is going to have tried soft drugs first.

Seems to be Australian athletes, and not just AFL players. Something needs fixing on how these players are been conditioned to be a professional sportsperson.
All this ‘go home to family and friends’ and ‘mental health issues’ doesn’t seem to be a factor in most other sports around the world.
I'm just not sure calling it mental health issues for every time someone has a hard time with something and needs time away to cope.

I'm just not sure calling it mental health issues for every time someone has a hard time with something and needs time away to cope.
What else would you all it when someone has such a hard time with something that they need time away from work to cope? Look at the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (psychiatrist’s bible). They pretty much define a mental illness by how much impact it has on social and occupational function.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What else would you all it when someone has such a hard time with something that they need time away from work to cope? Look at the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (psychiatrist’s bible). They pretty much define a mental illness by how much impact it has on social and occupational function.

Put down that DSM and move onto Eastern philosophical and scientific inquiry into the mind. Western psychology is extraordinarily limited.

Put down that DSM and move onto Eastern philosophical and scientific inquiry into the mind. Western psychology is extraordinarily limited.
Weren't you just quoting Ronald Reagan? I'll get my philosophy recommendations elsewhere thanks champ. You probably think Ayn Rand is a philosopher and Peter a Dutton is a great statesman.

Th
You had 2 obvious cancers and you rightly cut them out. I believe the cancer has metastasised amongst the playing group with this expectation that you don't actually have to perform to get good pay there. I'd put all these top dollar wannabe's on notice with contracts heavy with KPI's.
thw rot started when they turfed harvey and got Lyon. Very shady going ons and imo it ripped the arse out of the club and yes they made the granny but the problem slowly manifested.

You must have a really small mind if you cannot imagine a situation just because you haven't experienced it. Get this into your head: a massive proportion of the population take drugs without letting it disrupt their life. Question for you, genius: how many people do you know who drink alcohol without it negatively impacting their life? Why are you unable to conceive of the possibility that some illegal drugs could be similarly relatively benign? Do you have any idea how many corporates take coke on the weekend and still function perfectly? Get a clue outside of the tiny little box you live in.
To go further many at the top end use heroin and live normally(apart from going on the nod). They can afford it and get consistent quality so they are better able to manage/regulate intake.

Ryan: Correct, his Mrs and it’s quite sad the club are aware and support him. He’s another who surrounds himself with drop kicks. Has amazing talent.
claiming the club condones it is moronic.
Yes he has hit her (no excuses, dog act) but it has been when he is on the demon drink. He has issues with alcohol. I watched it all unfold when he booted his missus in Kalbarri.
Kalbarri morons plied him with drink for a photo or story to tell after he played in the local footy game. He drank and drank and drank. Then the domestic then booted out of town.
Rather than hide it under the carpet I think the club have told him that is not on and we can help you become a better person. With pastoral care and the club surrounding him with support I think he will be a better person in the long run.

Glad you dont care about freo, so fair enough.

Sampi was a gun player from 2002-5. He kicked 97 goals from 78 games from 2002-7. But his form dropped around 2006. had he been fully fit, He would of easily of been in a forward pocket spot or on the bench in that eagles 2006 Grand final side, probably would of kicked a couple of goals too.

As far as the Willie Rioli situation. I think 4 years is too Harsh. 1 year is enough, well for a 1st offence.
The penalty needs to be as if he had performance enhancing drugs in his system. I have no idea if that's a 1, 4 or somewhere between.

I'm very sure he was just trying to cover up rec drugs but that's not really the point. What's the point in having the rule if the first guy who get's caught doing it ( to my knowledge anyway ) gets away with it.

The AFL is a strange workplace, if I pissed positive at work I might not get fired but there would be consequences and my workplace wouldn't be hiring lawyers to defend me. It's hard to have much sympathy especially with the education these guys get.

Personally I think they should leave rec drug testing to the clubs ( workplace ) if the club even wants too. And leave the PED's to the AFL.

Lost my girl 20 years ago this April. Been married and divorced since. Had kids. A bunch of jobs. Moved interstate. Life, right? But there isn’t a day when it doesn’t hurt.

So if Jesse says he isn’t ok, then he isn’t. That is it. You are only as ok as your head lets you be.
Sorry to hear and of course it still hurts. Do you blame it for any mistakes you made in your life ? Did you take a year/years off work ?

I wonder how many people who are defending Jesse's mental health have ridiculed Ben Cousins or called 06 a "tainted cup". Would make you a hypocrite of the highest order.

Sorry to hear and of course it still hurts. Do you blame it for any mistakes you made in your life ? Did you take a year/years off work ?
Interesting question. It changed the course of my life. I did some seriously dumb stuff in the aftermath, but that might have just been me being me.

I don’t use it as a crutch or excuse, but I do know that the me the day before and the me the day after are two very different people

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jessie Hogan Out Indefinitely for Mental Health Reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back