Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there’s more to it than him just leaving, North we’re offered a grand father deal for him before he was even drafted, then he doesn’t live up to the hype and had they to take pennies on the dollar the very next year, I think that’s why their so mad.

Finally someone gets it. Only took 162 pages.

All these people who say it’s ok to boo, if their child got booed for leaving a workplace and abused, the families would be in therapy having a breakdown or turning up on acccurent affair. But a footy player? Ah yeah that’s ok.
Once my 19 year old daughter earns $850k a year in mining administration and has people standing around her computer and boo'ing her for sub-par efforts on editing spreadsheets - I'll let you know how she feels..

The Block Omg GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

If you’re going to act like an entitled twat, you’ve got to expect some heat to come your way. The booing should, and will, subside with time.

You mean she didn't? Or it's not for different threads?

I mean that she has exercised good judgement, contrary to your claim.

For example, the Clarko and TT issues are currently sub judice, or similar, so bad judgement would actually be making a decision on them before the official processes have played out.

Can't help but think your view is tainted by the anti-Clarko stance you seem to have adopted.

The Horne-Francis camp only wanted to be taken number 1 in the draft to have maximum bargaining power at the trade table, he was always going to go to Port, North were wary of the go home factor but were convinced to take him when he and his manager gave a deceptive song and dance about being committed to staying the course at North. That is a low act.

Other than maybe Tom Boyd I can't think of a situation that is similar to this one, people keep using Buckley as an example but he told everyone on no uncertain terms he was going to Collingwood one way or another, Brisbane agreed to take him for a single season for reasons of politics and pride. No one was blindsided. He was also a consummate professional, did everything notorious hard arsed coach Robert Walls asked him to do without sooking, and won the rising star award.
I for one have no emotional attachment to JHF himself, and although he has the potential to be a superstar, he has thus far played 3 stand out quarters in 22 games, so we lost a kid with serious potential, not Gary Ablett jr. My emotion is about why in the f**k they couldnt have just left us alone and have him spend a year at the Crows (wouldnt have to worry about being homesick ay?) and we could have got the players crom were offering.

I already said I didn't necessarily agree with booing the kid, but again, the same supporters who were calling for North to be relocated or just arseholed all together have been the ones doing the booing at recent games, so that should tell you it goes beyond being 'salty norf' and many many people think what he/his management team did was a shitty, soft low act.
He wouldn't be able to walk down the street in Adelaide if he left the Crows to get to Port. Much easier to do it to North.

Funny, he started to do something only when Bont and Timmy were pulled in the last quarter by our coach. He was booed from the first bounce, managed 8 touches to 3/4 time, hardly motivated by the booing. We threw away a game we should have won.

Mind you Allir tripping Astro in the goal square for a 12 point turnaround ina game you won by 14 was also pretty crucial.

That’s all somewhat irrelevant.

2 weeks in a row JHF has been the one to step up in the last and drag us across the line. 2 weeks in a row he’s already been a match winner.

He’s an impact player. He doesn’t need to get 30 disposals to have an impact or change a game for us. Not many 19 yr olds grab a game by the scruff of the neck and drag their team across the line in the 4th.

If he played for you guys you would have won on the weekend. Same for Sydney the week before.

Also ironic you mention the umpires when if the game was actually umpires correctly, JHF would have been one of the players to benefit most from it. Numerous times he was tackled to the ground without the ball in front of goal or tackled Dogs players only for them to just drop the ball. Old mate Jase could easily have ended with 20 and 2 or 3 goals.

it’s a Port Adelaide, JHF and Kornes problem, look internally don’t blame others.

It's funny because JHF leaving is a North Melbourne problem and your advice would be apt, but North fans can't seem to accept that.

It's funny because JHF leaving is a North Melbourne problem and your advice would be apt, but North fans can't seem to accept that.
No, we actually don’t give a rats arse about JHF, we‘ve had the finger pointed at us by Kane Cornhole since trade eon which has created a narrative that we’re salty haha ****in hilarious!

The only interest we have in your franchise is deathriding it for a top 10 draft pick in the supadraft.

That’s all somewhat irrelevant.

2 weeks in a row JHF has been the one to step up in the last and drag us across the line. 2 weeks in a row he’s already been a match winner.

He’s an impact player. He doesn’t need to get 30 disposals to have an impact or change a game for us. Not many 19 yr olds grab a game by the scruff of the neck and drag their team across the line in the 4th.

If he played for you guys you would have won on the weekend. Same for Sydney the week before.

Also ironic you mention the umpires when if the game was actually umpires correctly, JHF would have been one of the players to benefit most from it. Numerous times he was tackled to the ground without the ball in front of goal or tackled Dogs players only for them to just drop the ball. Old mate Jase could easily have ended with 20 and 2 or 3 goals.

I rate him a lot but you can't have a guy take most of your centre bounces in the middle and only turn up for 1/4. On the other side of the argument if he plays better in the first three he's not needed to step up in the last.

Having said that he's 19 and I expect he'll influence games more consistently as his career progresses. But be very careful of getting into the habit of tolerating up and down in game performance away as 'they're an impact player' when they're taking up most of the time in the middle.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I'm looking forward to seeing how his career progresses. He has a competitive edge over pretty much any other player. I think he's learning how to fine tune that. Wants to be the best player in the league. Has shown his immense talent at times, quiet at others. Has shown the leadership to lift when his team has needed it.

Exciting times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, it’s certainly is hilarious,
Can you imagine being blamed for a player getting boo’d at a home game, one that you’re not even playing in..
it’s fecking hilarious kenny having a conniption about it post match, like it was the most important thing postgame after a win, the corn continually bringing it up, it’s almost like he hates the kid, cause you know everytime he opens his mouth, the kids going to cop it.
From our point of view it’s gold..
what’s next from the corn to blame north supporters for Australia’s rising inflation numbers?

Last edited:
I mean that she has exercised good judgement, contrary to your claim.

For example, the Clarko and TT issues are currently sub judice, or similar, so bad judgement would actually be making a decision on them before the official processes have played out.

Can't help but think your view is tainted by the anti-Clarko stance you seem to have adopted.
There are other threads for this.

TT issue has been a long time coming. Club has sat on its hands. Been unable to get information. Found out new information late.

Terrible work there.

But this is for another thread.

There are other threads for this.

TT issue has been a long time coming. Club has sat on its hands. Been unable to get information. Found out new information late.

Terrible work there.

But this is for another thread.

Yes, not for this thread. E.g. a long thread on the North board about TT, in which there is enough to support the conclusion that the situation is not as simple as you have presented here.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I'm looking forward to seeing how his career progresses. He has a competitive edge over pretty much any other player. I think he's learning how to fine tune that. Wants to be the best player in the league. Has shown his immense talent at times, quiet at others. Has shown the leadership to lift when his team has needed it.

Exciting times.

I think being at a proper club with a quality culture and elite professional standards will do him a world of good.

Hinkley and the Port fans need to take a chill pill. It is clear that a deal with his sleazy manager and the Port Adelaide club was in the works well before he wanted out. He made some poor choices with the Travel back home to Mummy without telling the club, arguing with team mates like Goldie and being unprofessional with his post game recovery. I am sure North had other concerns which were kept in house. So now he gets booed by a few teams. At $800K a year……deal with it. He should be able to afford some good ear plugs on that deal 😎 ps I still cringe in the pre season when Noble described him as a ripper of a kid. I think the club got rid of the right 2 blokes last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back